Xplosions: Flaming Wars

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
legoboyvdlp

Xplosions: Flaming Wars

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:05 pm

[quote="stuart";p=266635]Hi All,

I'm frankly astounded: - within a week of me having to remove a pile of unacceptable posts from this topic, I come back from a weekend away to find exactly the same behaviour going on, on the same thread.

I've removed a chunk of posts again. I'm going to go over them and decide whether bans are appropriate. I'm also going to consider whether we have to start having moderators approving posts from Thorsten and/or Bomber before they are published, as clearly they cannot be trusted to behave in a constructive manner.

-Stuart the mod.[/quote]

That's a week after Hooray got ripped up in an explosion of flames in the "development push" topic.
Are the official forums "imploding"?
Last edited by legoboyvdlp on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

bomber

Re: Xplosions: Flameing Wars

Postby bomber » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:44 pm

What would you have me do. ..let him post up lie after lie about me ?

Collective responsibility..... if you allow him to post these accusations about me without saying anything, just even asking him to back it up with facts... then the forum community gets what it deserves.

You leave me to call him out on it..
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Flameing is spelled flaming..... Teens and spelling and all that..... ;)

I don't really think Hooray got "ripped up" btw, more like others just complained about his person because they didn't have any arguments against him.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:13 pm

bomber wrote:What would you have me do. ..let him post up lie after lie about me ?

Collective responsibility..... if you allow him to post these accusations about me without saying anything, just even asking him to back it up with facts... then the forum community gets what it deserves.

Some don't like "tit-for-tat", trust me, I know.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:38 pm

O-o

Well, from my seat

1) Curtis' Forum is an increasingly impolite place
2) I was scapegoated for all their uncontrollable situations. But kill'd the goat. the problem is still there

I barely read there anymore, but I've seen the "Flameis" on the Su15, on the GPL/other licenses, on Pushing development and many other threads that go totally out of hand.

the way I see it is that there is a huge leadership vacuum in the community. Curtis lacks that leadership role others want to invest in him. (Does he even show up to do real "FG bussiness" anymore?). Scapegoating me and FGMEMBERS as the FG core of the problem was and is ludicrous...

[Think on the anti FGMEMBERS' manifesto joke, and the fact that FGMEMBERS was their excuse for not getting their promised job delivered for almost 2 months. As Buck points out: Lame excuse.]

while you still allow Thorsten behavior out of the excuse that the guy is good at what he does. Yes. He is good. But also penchant trenchant, impolite, manipulative and a chronic liar.

In general, protectionist bias, lack of leadership, manipulated trues, and lack of a general plan had predominated the community attitude in 2015. That's a good reason why 3.6 went to scrambles, when the project had the momentum, and group interest to have made it the best release in years.

If I were more weak, I'd just cry. For now... I'll just watch. And in my opinion Thorsten's and Curt's untouchables vestments should be retrieved out. Kick their asses back in place, and keep doing the real work.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:42 pm

bomber wrote:What would you have me do. ..let him post up lie after lie about me ?

From the way I see it, he had good and reasonable points. You did a few of them yourself too. And finding yourselves in a reasonable middle was obviously an easy setting. Well... until you start throwing gloves out of each other faces.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:17 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:while you still allow Thorsten behavior out of the excuse that the guy is good at what he does. Yes. He is good. But also penchant, impolite, manipulative and a chronic liar.

you forgot "narcissist".

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Re: Xplosions: Flaming Wars

Postby MIG29pilot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Dog ate my post. :x
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:31 am

Lydiot wrote:
IAHM-COL wrote:
while you still allow Thorsten behavior out of the excuse that the guy is good at what he does. Yes. He is good. But also penchant, impolite, manipulative and a chronic liar.

you forgot "narcissist".

Maybe the bad is all in the game with "Yes. He is good", and we'll just have to live it. Power and funny sex also seem to go hand in hand. Only think of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Clinton, JFK and many more...

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:38 am

I certainly missed KL-666's and Lydiot's references above...
In any case. I have no idea if 'he', in addition, is a narcissist.

R.M.S.

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”