The Witch Finder General

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
IAHM-COL

Re: The Witch Finder General

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:27 pm

@ JWocky

He has made several aircrafts. His 2 main ones are the MiG15 (GPL) and the Su-15.

Since he has have great experiences with the development team Hijacking his work after pushing him outside, then he made the Su-15 (his latest better work ever) an All right reserved (not GPL, not CC, no Freeware) license, and allowed us to "fly it".
His goal? That FG development team cannot hijack it again.
For that reason, it is illegal to anyone -- including FGMEMBERS-NONGPL-- to redistribute.

I ask him for allowing me redistributions, and he KINDLY denied that indicating he preffers to control the redistribution on this piece. (" I want to keep it non-free")

The MiG15 is a previous work on his. GPL. You can find it in:
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/MiG-15
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 pm

I have never touched the SU-15 and I was too stupid to fly the MiG-15, but then, it's because I am fighter jet challenged.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Would he agree to CC-BY-SA-ND, like Buckaroo (I think? Or maybe Dave), d'ye think?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:44 pm

I surrender!
Ok, vitos is a great developer, he deserves recognition, he is wonderful.
Yet I do not think that his attitude of 'nobody is good enough to work with me' is very agreeable.
I respect him, for all of that.
As for the 'Jewel', it is certainly beautiful. It is a leader in 'mp-missile', and many other things.
But how am I even supposed to fly it?!
Last edited by legoboyvdlp on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Re: The Witch Finder Gene)ral

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:44 pm

No. He did not. (I asked)
It is all rights reserved.

Think MacOS X (R) or Windows (R) [R stands for registered trademark]
They do not agree with Creative Commons N.D. either.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:46 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:But how am I even supposed to fly it?!

1. you download it (before he removed it thanks to Stuart geniality) [*]
2. You use FG to fly it -- as with any other FG plane.

same old.

-------Footnotes
[*] Now what? Now we are screw up Since the license stated that you are not allowed to redistribute it, and Vitos reserved his distribution rights, even sending the file via email is what in court of law is known as piracy (copyright infringement)

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:48 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
legoboyvdlp wrote:But how am I even supposed to fly it?!

1. you downloaded it (before he removed it thanks to Stuart geniality)
2. You use FG to fly it -- as with any other FG plane.

same old.

Ah! I guess I can CTRL+U tonget it into the air.... since I do not know Russian. Or did that chamge?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:51 pm

The fact that you do not know russian ... has nothing to do with the plane's ability to fly, if you know how to roll it.
You fly it ... flying it. If you can't for lack of knowledge, that is not Vitos problem. Then you learn.

Best way to go. Ask a Russian fluent person that read the documentation to give you the hints. I can't. I don't know how to. Besides that's now very off topic this thread. If you want, open a Su15 thread within "Flying", and wish for someone knowing enough to give you a tip or two.

[edit]
As a matter of fact Vitos indicated me himself he was willing to instruct me up to FL. He gave me a condition I could not agree with. He asked me not to share my knowledge. So, I never learnd. But on the other hand, since being selfish is not out of your genes (think the private A332) then just ask Vitos, he may offer you the same deal. (That is, maybe, if you stop helping Thorsten campaign)
[/edit]

R.M.S.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:16 pm

jwocky wrote:The 3D was from Helijah as mentioned in authors. The FDM, the Nasal, all is from the scratch respectively from parts I build for other planes before (for example the FW-200). The AP for example is still a SYS7 which, aside as part of planes was also used by other plane developers for their work. Slowly, one by one, the old SYS7s are replaced by 8s and even now the first 9s. You find this family of APs (and yes, I rewrote practically all of it, but since it was based on the ideas of some FGUK developers, I left them in there, ideas should count for something) in basically all of my later planes and several other planes that used copied versions. So ... any more questions?

That wasn't really a question, at least it was more rhetorical.

I'm just saying we've built what we have on the previous pioneers in FG. It's good to at least reflect on and acknowledge their part.

The thing about working on other developers planes is, I feel it's not really diplomatic to paste your username on an aircraft that that you change with a huge rebuilding under the flight model 'hood', but utilizing a very generic FDM creation web-page/creation engine that doesn't do the new model any favors over the older one in improvements without having to hack it with things like AP and other .xml's or Nasals. It means you may have merely planted a flag on that model.

That isn't exactly a good way to create a brand name for oneself, but this is FG and we do work with what we know, myself included.

There's a fellow I know in the RC model forum I frequent, who says he was among the first FG core coding developers, but left the project after the release turned into a subtle conflict of who was the premier coder. I have no reason to doubt his work here, but he also said that being open source meant that widely divergent coding disciplines would sometimes bork changes, so nothing is ever new to FG. He was working on it back in the late 1990's.

I can't help but think that he pokes his nose in occasionally into the main FG forum and has a chuckle or three.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:26 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:The fact that you do not know russian ... has nothing to do with the plane's ability to fly, if you know how to roll it.
You fly it ... flying it. If you can't for lack of knowledge, that is not Vitos problem. Then you learn.

Best way to go. Ask a Russian fluent person that read the documentation to give you the hints. I can't. I don't know how to. Besides that's now very off topic this thread. If you want, open a Su15 thread within "Flying", and wish for someone knowing enough to give you a tip or two.

[edit]
As a matter of fact Vitos indicated me himself he was willing to instruct me up to FL. He gave me a condition I could not agree with. He asked me not to share my knowledge. So, I never learnd. But on the other hand, since being selfish is not out of your genes (think the private A332) then just ask Vitos, he may offer you the same deal. (That is, maybe, if you stop helping Thorsten campaign)
[/edit]

As for the A332, I apologize, but... it was artix's decision, and I have to stick with it. Don't necessarily like it, but he decided it would be best to keep it private. I see what you mean, and I will make sure to try it :)

And by the way, if you are willing to learn too, I'm pretty sure you will love the new A330-200. Daweed did a great job on the overhead panel.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”