Beagle Pup experiment

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
IAHM-COL

Re: Beagle Pup experiment

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:54 pm

@All. the FGMEMBERS Beagle-Pup received updates by Sanhozay.
I recommend git-pull or redownload.

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/Beagle-Pup/commits/master
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Oh boy.....

Under these circumstances we should probably add them to my download as well...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:57 pm

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/Bea ... d987a64a21

I added the engines to Bomber's Addon

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 pm

3 authors in one place.... Oh this is fun....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Question about Licensing Issues

I know Richard does not want to talk licensing.
That's typically fine. But it should not be an excuse to commit copyright infridgements.

Bomber files read clearly

Code: Select all

Copyright (c) 2016 Simon 'bomber' Morley
simonbomber64 at googlemail.com

This work is licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-[b]ShareAlike 3.0 [/b]Unported License

So, if these files are CC, share alike, why are these being packaged and shipped within an "All Rights Reserved by Richard Harrison" package?
Seems a direct violation to Bomber's copyrigth notice!

Am I missing something?

(or is because Harrison's behavior is this level of inappropriate that he does not want to talk licensing?)

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi All

Time for me to test the different pets.

I'll begin by rolling Simon Bomber's pet. I'll go from NYC (KJFK) to Providence (KPVD) where the Tour will begin next weekend.

First curiosity. I've lost the menu along the way, and I cant no longer find the autostart, nor the livery selection....

:S

and my console got this

Failed to tie property fcs/ to object methods

The aerodynamic axis system has been set by default to the Lift/Side/Drag system.
Multiplayer mode active!
Loading local weather routines...
Animated jetways ... initialized

ERROR: unable to open the file data/Aircraft/Beagle-Pup/Test_Output.csv
       => Output to this file is disabled.

R.M.S.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Yes..... that as the author I'm allowed to give rights to my work as I chose fit.

His work is as he chooses.

This isn't a licensing issue but a bundling issue... and the complexities therein.

Simon.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Yes I concentrated only on the fdm....

There's no Nasal either...

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:18 pm

@IH-COL

If I were you, I'd edit pup100-set.xml and change line 29 so that it reads as follows:

<aero>Flight-Damage-Model</aero>

Then start pup100 as usual.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:21 pm

OK
The latter version by Sanhozay still works as expected.

Am I doing something wrong patching with bomber's files?

Bomber
Is there anything I must do in addition to add the files in?

R.M.S.

Return to “Aircraft Development”