Maybe I am stupid but ... C-5

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Maybe I am stupid but ... C-5

Postby jwocky » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Falcon told me, we both are blamed for that delay. Of course, if someone tries to kick your balls and breaks his foot in the process, it's all your fault because you have balls of steel. Some logic that is!
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:32 pm

*snort*
Oh yes.
And you are also the worst criminal in FG history.
Oh no, that guy who complained loudly to GIJS about the livery site and got banned for it was not bad at all.
You guys are awful bad ones that are responsible for everything.
:roll:
:roll:
(Note: spoken in sarcasm)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Lolol.
"I can't write mah C++ for two months because I had to send 1 trolling email that I could fit into a twitter post"
Man, that mental distress must make the developers so anxious when those fingers hit the keyboard.
FGAF_P3

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Well, I guess, 61 planes built or quick repaired brings me nowadays on the FGI's most wanted list. Kind of a "better dead than alive" poster. But now honestly, back to the C-5. Yup, I admit, I start to love that big baby and go a little bit over what I need to fly her in the USA Tour, just a wee bit ... :geek:

So here is my current problem: The original sounds are all pulled from the generic sound pool. So which plane has GE's CF6 in the one or other variant, that I can get a better sound for the engines. Any ideas? Because those TF138 are basically just CF6, only the military variant.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Do you think FL2070 would be up for another GPL project? That'll be our sound engineer guy if he is ok to allign with GPL license. Other than licensing issues the guy does really amazing work, too! :)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:00 pm

I played around with the sound file, not the wave files, different part of the problem yet. So if FL270 can do something to improve it, it would be great. For now, I did something to make things less terrible.

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:09 pm

I've tried to get the enable-hot animation working in FG 2.8.0.5 (I made the whole A380 "hot" and tried to land on it with the R44, but the R44 flown straight through it), but seems to be not possible yet so it will only works in FG 3.6.0 I guess.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Yeah, seems like that. I have also still to solve my multiplayer problem. I never did a lot of mp work, so that is a little new land for me and as usual, some new unforeseen troubles pop up. Right now, I try to bring just one float for tests over MP and I fail.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:37 am

Okay, till I can figure out more MP, I turned to lights, another weak subject of mine:

You can see, the beacon somehow eats the hull, no idea why, but I suspect it involves a setting in the model. The strobes are also weird, got them originally from a 747-8, so maybe I forgot something?

And since we are at graphical things, is that what we call a butt split on a plane?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 am

Butt Split?
ROFL

Those are tipically errors either in the livery or the uvmap. That's fixable. Usually an annoyance. I'll check.

Wow. This one, as the 727 shines in the dark. Shall we say it glows?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Aircraft Development”