Maybe I am stupid but ... C-5

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Maybe I am stupid but ... C-5

Postby jwocky » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Bad news, Martien, the plane you have also had no working white livery. There is something messed up, question is of course, whether it's maybe my computer. So, Israel, in case we don't find that paint job, can I have the white one with the coffee dragon on the tail? Pleeeeaaaaase!
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Yes. I can fix the livery problem (for sure)
and, yes. I can add the dragon to the white tail and call that the JWocky livery ;)

but I will do that on the fixed version, so I will hold to your pushing the fixes, and then I will pull and correct the livery issue there. ---I'll verify all other liveries also work as expected

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:38 pm

k, that's a deal!

... because it's green and it has a mach-hold mode now :ugeek:

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:35 am

Speaking of which, IAHM was flying at 300IAS at usa tour, so could the A350 borrow the Mach hold?
Nice livery!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:33 am

Strange that the livery doesn't work, it works fine for me.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Martien, no idea about liveries, I am not a very graphical person, so I leave liveries and 3D usually to IAHM-COL and focus on systems, aps and fdms. But we will get there, I am sure.

Lego, actually, the mach hold mode will come for all planes using the SYS8 autopilot directly from JPack. For the A350 and the 727, which use the SYS8 autopilot as copy, some extra lines and more copying is needed. And honestly, I lost a little bit the overview which planes else use that AP as copy. I also would like to replace the older SYS7 systems by SYS8 or, if I can't come around to it, summer or fall 2016 by the SYS9 which is currently in development. So maybe IAHM-COL can figure out a script to get an overview which planes uses which AP in which form.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Current problems (just where I stand right now):

- The limits system seems to be broken, either with 3.4 or because something is wrong in the V2 version from Martien's hard disk. Given, I have already some mysterious problems with liveries, I suspect my 3.4. So ... working on that first because it's the last thing from V3 not integrated into my V3 work version. So after that, we can put it in the git repo.

- Some sounds are missing, especially a good hiss from the hydraulic when the parking brake is opened/closed.

- she has no lights as in landing lights, beacon, nav, strobe. The C-5M gets those with the AMP update.

- The C-5 menu is liveries only atm, that needs some extension for loading, ground, lights and all that fancy stuff.

- Some extra toys, more about that later

- fuel system. I made it work on a very primitive level, but I am not entirely happy

- electrical system ... wait, what electrical system?

- cockpit ... wait what cockpit? Actually, here I am quite doomed because all pics I find are so blurred or small, I can't figure out what is where. Even worse with the pics of the engineer's panel and the nav-panel.

There is no way to make the C-5 solid. Only AI models can be solid, that is hard coded in the C++ code. So till I figure how to make a part of the C-5 AI, there is no way to load player-driven vehicles. Sorry.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Possibly the MPCarrier may help, i.e. like bringing an AI plane around with the MP plane.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 pm

The new version of the C-5 by JWocky is now pushed to FGMEMBERS

Try to enjoy that large babe

:D

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/C-5

It needs an updated JPACK too !!

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/JPack

Have fun Flying,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:50 pm

The MP carrier is a very special thing with some hard coded C++ in the FG core and the models hidden in AI which is the reason, it is solid.

Anyway, I decided my plane is too heavy and threw out some useless eaters ...
Well, at least I gave them chutes!

Return to “Aircraft Development”