USA TOUR Event | SAT APR 2ND - SUN APR 3RD 17:00 - 21:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

USA TOUR Event | SAT APR 2ND - SUN APR 3RD 17:00 - 21:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:34 am

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the confirmed aircrafts before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 46th Leg: The Mono-Props | SAT APR 2ND AND SUN APR 3RD 17:00-21:00 UTC

FORTYSIXTH TRIP
Departing General Mitchell International Airport, (KMKE): Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Stopping at Olney-Noble Airport, (KOLY): Olney, Illinois -- Saturday
Arriving Memphis International Airport (KMEM): Memphis, Tennessee -- Sunday

*************************************************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: 490 nm
Competing Aircraft: Monopropeller Aircraft capable of sustain speed at least 80 KTS
Expected Cruising Speed:80 KTS
Expected Cruising Altitude:4500-6500 ft
Expected Duration (en route): 3h en Route, both Saturday and Sunday
**************************************************************************************************************************

The Monoprops

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the USA TOUR!!

Our last leg flew a comboy of Flying Boats to the Marina in Lake Michigan at Milwaukee, as we landed close the General Mitchell Intl. airport (KMKE).
The next leg will now take us to the State of Tennessee; as we approach the infamous USA Cargo Hub of Memphis Intl. Airport.

Aircrafts

We will fly monopropeller aircrafts. There are 2 conditions required for an aircraft to be considered a participant

• Have exactly one propeller or piston engine
  • Be able to sustain at least 80 KTAS speed.

Faster monopropellers are acceptable, but you should be aware that the group is going to be set to fly at/or around 80 KTS, and thus, if your monoprop falls from the skies at this speed, you will be compelled to perform multiple holding positions and wait for the slower flying group to reach you.

Many monopropellers with cruising speeds well above 80 KTS are still capable to sustain a good fligth at this slower conditions, and that would be preferable.

Yet, The number of optionable aircraft is enormous, and I invite you to consider, for this opportunity, an aircraft whose cruising conditions do not exceed 125 KTS, and enjoy this class of smaller/slower prop GA aircraft.

Range?

Well.... We'll be targetting both Saturday and Sunday to fly for about 300 nm. BUT Range is not a problem this time. Our flight zone is densely populated, and airports can be found along our route very frequently, sometimes even distanced less than 25 nm from each other. Along the path, no one will have trouble finding a pit-stop aerodrome if fuel is coming short....

So, come and enjoy a relaxed monopropeller/General Aviation styled USA TOUR :D

Also

Feel free to participate either Saturday or Sunday, or both days. Furthermore, feel free to choose different aircrafts for each half of this leg.

Let us know your choice/choices, so we can prepare by installing the aircrafts before hand.

Looking forward to share the skies,

The GCMAP

Route:

This time, the USA Tour will execute an "all-beacon (NDB)" navigation and plan towards Memphis, flying at low altitudes between 3500-4500 feet, which places us around the 3000 AGL elevations. This place of the country is flat an low, and I think it has not seen any more than small hills since the last ice -age and its retraction.

This is the first time our navigation is an all NDB route, and this provides certainly quite a old-class cool way to fly around.

The flight between Milwaukee, WI, and Memphis, TN, will be split in two parts.

The first part will be flown on Saturday. Departing our last arrival aerodrome General Mitchell Intl, KMKE, we will travel toward the midpoint of our total route length, and stop at Olney, Illinois (KOLY).

The second part will be flown on Sunday. Departing Olney we will head south-west looking for our target destination, in Memphis (KMEM)

The GPX files provided below can be uploaded to your FlightGear's Route Manager.

Part I: SAT APR 2ND, 17:00 UTC

GPX

The destination of our first day on this tour leg is Olney, Illinois. Midpoint, and house of the infamous White-Squirrel.

SKYVECTOR: Part I

Code: Select all

RA (ch206) OR (ch394) IK (ch272) HMJ (ch281) MT (ch347) OLY (ch272)

Part II: SUN APR 3RD, 17:00 UTC

On Sunday, we will depart Olney (KOLY) and head to our final destinatio for this leg; Memphis, TN

GPX:

SKYVECTOR: Part II

FWC (ch257) HSB (ch230) CHQ (ch208) COO (ch326) ME2 (ch287)

The Skyvector's NAV logs

PROCEDURES

Charts

Multiplayer Server

Operations will take place in FGMEMBERS' server. Pilots are encouraged to join in to the group.

To connect to the multiplayer server check the information provided at

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat.
Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

server: mumble.allfex.org
Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Forum

Follow us in the Free Flight Free Speech Flightgear Forum at
http://www.thejabberwocky.net

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT APR 2ND - SUN APR 3RD 17:00 - 21:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:43 am

Hi All, I still have not made my mind.
I have been pilot testing. There are so many options: and so many I like, that my mind is hitting extreme indecision.

Among my favorites, currently are: The Piper Cub, the Optica, the Dauphin DR400 Robin, and the Beagle Pup.

But really this is just the tip of the iceberg among a large list of planes I'd love to pilot this time.

Something comes certain now: I will be flying a different plane both Saturday and Sunday, but which ones I end up choosing... still to be -- determined.

I'll keep you guys in the loop

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:00 am

So. Many. Choices.

I like the Cessna 172, but the 182 is a tad easier to fly. Then the dr400 is nice.
I think DECHO is doing something to the dr400?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:58 am

Removed out of this toxic forum.
Last edited by D-ECHO on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Jesus I'll probably be in Panama
FGAF_P3

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:00 am

I SELECTED:

Hi All, After some due tests, and having fun around in monoprops, I found the two aircrafts (both British, BTW) I'll fly on this following USA tour:

For Saturday's segment, I'll fly The Beagle Pup 100 (B.121)

For the final Segment on Sunday, I will fly the Edgley Optica

Looking forward to see your selection (or selections),
IH-COL

R.M.S.

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 am

Ok, it appears as if I'll barely be able to make it; I get back from Panama on the 30th.
Now, which aircraft to fly....
FGAF_P3

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi there.
On Saturday, I am sincerely considering the new dr400 by DECHO. I assume it is in FGMEMBERS...
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Yup. Lego... Fly n relax

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:17 pm

~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Return to “USA Tour”