ProjectPhilippines

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
Catalanoic

Re: ProjectPhilippines

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:40 pm

@IAHM-COL:
"you should really avoid uploading objects you do not author" He has expressed to freely do what we want with the buildings but GPL, write the authors name in the description entry, comment on the XML file or upload it under his profile name are all what the attribution norm calls. The last option is my favorite, but only why he will not upload by self to TS.

"you are efforting into this too early" [about throw models to Terrasync]: Why? A good practice is to publish our works few but very often, and as soon as possible, to not lose anything. No matter if the layouts are outdated or missing, its all incremental.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Fair enough.
sounds like you have a good plan.
You are correct, he already told you the models are GPL and you can use them as you see fit.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:07 pm

@TheFilipinoFGPilot:
Some 3D modelling tips:
I noted you are using sketchup, good choice for beginners and easy/fast tool, but need to do some refining to get optimised work. The first is to export the object as single-faced if no interior building is, for example, that Benito hangar is good double-faced (already made) because you can get into the hangar and see the interior walls, but what about the Tower or the Terminal? I look the objects and is no need for interiors to be showed, so don't need to be double-sided faces, just single goes fine. Why this? Because you can get some graphical optimisation/improve when no need to load unseen walls and faces. To generate a single-faced AC object in Skethup you need a plugin, (as for the double-sided too), link to the download page. If you uses Blender, is just a export option, and in Ac3D i can't remember now. Its doable just text editing the .AC file too (as an alternative).

Another tip: Avoid these 3D text work (i think is skecthup) because need a lot of data (not good), with a transparent texture (for example), the letters looks perfect and is a lot of times more faster and optimisied as 3d text, you can at least have one for the terminal, but i think better to not use it as normal.

Hope that may help you.
Last edited by Catalanoic on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:19 am

I fixed the windows on the new model. scroll up :) it will be released on monday ;)

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:43 am

Great TheFilipinoFGPilot! I think you are talking about the terminal, I converted all your models to TerraSync standards (not uploaded yet because need the authors profile), look perfect and more optimised. I don't made the terminal yet because i wait the windows update 'til monday (or when you can).

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:50 pm

@IAHM-COL: The shared object lamp10m.xml that points to Models/lib/lamp10m.xml from the repo is linked (in the xml file) to an nonexisting lamp10m.ac (its one of the Project3000 objects). Maybe you can look at this and fix it, or replace with another model.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:06 pm

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:10 pm

And more objects? Fine!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:12 pm

yes.
The reason I mistook this is because terraGIT does include P3000 full library already :)

So, I needed to worry about this in the standalone scenery package. But the correct files were already in terraGIT working fine, so I didnt notice the fail.

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks for that

Return to “Scenery Development”