USA TOUR Event | SAT SEPTEMBER 24TH 16:00 - 22:30 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

USA TOUR Event | SAT SEPTEMBER 24TH 16:00 - 22:30 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the confirmed aircraft before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 50th Leg: Charter Aviation, Part II: The Propellers | SAT SEPTEMBER 24TH 16:00-22:30 UTC

FIFTIETH TRIP
Departing Louisville International Airport (KSDF): Louisville, Kentucky
Arriving Theodore Francis Green Memorial State Airport (KPVD): Providence, Rhode Island

*************************************************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: 700 nm
Competing Aircraft: Any propeller aircraft that the participant can demostrate it is used (or has been used) by a charter company.
Expected Cruising Speed:Variable: Depending on the aircraft of choice
Expected Cruising Altitude:Variable: Depending on the aircraft of choice
Expected Duration (en route): Variable: Depending on the aircraft of choice, up to six hours
**************************************************************************************************************************

Charter Aviation, Part II: The Propellers

Hi everyone -- It's that time again-- Welcome to the USA TOUR!!

Our recent flight to "AirBase City" Louisville was a charm. Accompanied with a large number of USA Tourist friends and FG enthusiasts we flew a collection of Fighters in propellers: Most, if not all of which were WWII classy aircraft. And in spite of how difficult some of these aircraft can be, and how much many of us are outside our comfort zones in those heavy taildraggers, the group had displayed an immense amount of flying skill. Most departures were succesful -- and every single landing. (Did I forgot mentioning that SM did not got in topic? The first half leg he flew a very slow and modern Twin Otter, and on the second half of the leg he flew an Airbus 380 which really looked beluga-like in the company)

Next, the USA tour is preparing a trip that will turn us back all the way to the Norhteastern sea-board, to the smallest State of the Union, Rhode Island -- barely 1050 land square miles!!.

Aircrafts

This time we will complete the second part of Charter Aviation (the First part was completed in our Arrival to Oregon)

To travel to Providence -- RI, participants will select any chartered aircraft powered by propellers (props or turbo props). The pilot shall, not only, select the aircraft, but he/she may be required to provide evidence for a charter company that uses or has used the aircraft of choice.

Secondly, the participant pilot will indicate a preferred cruise condition (which must be fit for the aircraft of choice), indicating expected altitude (Odd elevations acceptable) and expected cruising speed (in KTAS).

All pilots will commit to the route indicated below. But using the requested cruising conditions, IH-COL will assign the pilot a departing time. All pilots are expected to meet on the date at 16UTC, but every pilot will depart from Louisville at the indicated departure time. IH-COL will assist controlling a tower for execution reasons (perfect simulation of controlled environments not expected)

Keep in mind that pilots flying slower aircrafts will depart first, and pilots flying faster aircraft will depart much later. IH-COL will calculate a group arrival at around 22:00 UTC. For this to work-out all pilots will not only commit to the established route, but also will attempt to maintain the flying conditions accepted in the flight plan (A.K.A: Do not speed up).

WE WILL FLY ON THE FGMEMBERS server. Make sure you are able to join the server beforehand. Among other reasons, the range of this server is 600+nm, meaning that pilots will remain within the pilot list of each other, regardless of departing time.

Please ask below if you do not comprehend this instructions.

Looking forward to share the FlightGear skies :D

GCMAP

Route:

We will continue using the route posted below. Departing Lousiville using
STREP3 departure and arriving to Providence from Hampton VOR (HTO) using
JORDN2 arrival

SKYVECTOR

Code: Select all

STREP CREEP J80 AIR IHD LARRI J230 RBV J62 JOANI J62 CREEL J62 RIFLE J174 HTO   

PROCEDURES

Charts

SID

STAR

Multiplayer Server

Operations will take place in FGMEMBERS' server. Pilots are encouraged to join in to the group.

To connect to the multiplayer server check the information provided at

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat.
Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

Code: Select all

server: mumble.allfex.org
Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Forum

Follow us in the Free Flight Free Speech Flightgear Forum at
http://www.thejabberwocky.net

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT SEPTEMBER 24TH 16:00 - 22:30 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:04 pm

IAHM-COL will fly the Beechcraft Super King 350i, chartered by "Wheels-UP"

Requesting cruising: 235 KTAS @ FL210

https://wheelsup.com/
https://wheelsup.com/fleet/king-air-350i/

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:14 am

Hi All-- I'm going to be flying the Dornier 228 flown by MAYAir EVT Charter Service out of Cancun, Mexico.

Now, if I can just convince my clients that the Atlantic at Rhode Island is just as warm and fun to play in as tropical Cancun, I'll bet set!
SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:01 am

Not Sure yet. I'm sort of thinking the Embraer 120 in RossAir/Air South livery, or Key Lime Air Fairchild Metroliner.

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:11 am

I will probably be using either EMB-120 by Everts Air cargo, the ATR72-500 by Nusantara Air Charter, or the ATR 42 500C by Air Charter Service.

Image^ Reg. is blurred out on the pic.
Image Image

KeithHadden

Postby KeithHadden » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:41 pm

I shall be piloting (hopefully successfully) a Beechcraft 1900D as chartered by Golden Wings Aviation.

Callsign: CAW0001 - Clone Air World

Requested Cruising:280 KTAS at FL200.

Last edited by KeithHadden on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
CAW0001
CEO Clone Air World
"As the Crow Flies"

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:11 pm

I need to find a good one for myself since I want to participate at the 50th edition...
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Side

Postby Side » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Probably I will participate with my DC-6B for KAR AIR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karair

Desired FL80, desired cruise speed 250 knts

See ya'll!!

Side

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 pm

I go with a King Air 350 as well, haven't looked up which charter lines have it, but if it comes hard, I spend rather time on the engines than research right now.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm

jwocky wrote:I go with a King Air 350 as well, haven't looked up which charter lines have it, but if it comes hard, I spend rather time on the engines than research right now.

Hi JWocky.
If you are going to fly a charter... then you have to do it right.

Super King Air 350i by Chartright: http://www.chartright.com/Aircraft-Flee ... 300-C-FGGE

R.M.S.

Return to “USA Tour”