USA TOUR Event | SAT DECEMBER 17TH 18:00 - 21:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
KB7

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT DECEMBER 17TH 18:00 - 21:00 UTC

Postby KB7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:21 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:What's that plane? Looks nice.
Cheers, Mav

Thank you!

This is the Aero L-159, B Variant. Extensive cockpit modifications by KB7 Systems Integration. And it features the brand new COMMASTER communications control interface by KB7 Avionics. Developed specifically for this plane, but will install to any plane with Comms enabled, it interfaces with the headless radios/transponder already installed elsewhere in your plane. No more six Collins boxes in a cramped cockpit for me!

I developed the instrumentation layout from a Google Images photo search for L-159 cockpit that I now suspect is actually some other light trainer/fighter because of its uniqueness... but too late! I took the Primus EICAS and MFD displays out of the Citation X and modded them for single-engine (and no working Hydraulics) and reworked the MFD so it shows pips and bearings of radio and is now completely independent of Nasal or other connections outside its directory. (No TCAS or VOR displays.... but it can now be ported from plane to plane with just a single directory copy and should be less heavy to run.)
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:15 pm

If I can make it, I'll fly the F-15D.

KB7

Postby KB7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Correction to flightplan as listed... waypoint TYROD does not exist in Flightgear. Substituting VIEEW is acceptable, as it is close and they're both points along the Q82 corridor.

It is also interesting to note that the BLZZR departure is very shallow. The order per the chart is be below 5000' at BLZZR. The point (straight as the crow flies, 35.4 NM) at 250 knot yields only 588 fpm to get to that. Many of the exits have speed restrictions of 210 until at 520 MSL, but still.

I predict much breaking of the law.... Who can't resist a maximum attitude takeoff in a fighter? ;)
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:29 pm

we'll get a military-grade authorization for that climb :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KB7

Postby KB7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Discovered this while loading KDSM to avoid terrasync crashing. At KDSM, in the standard scenery on Runway 05/23, there is an anomaly on the runway at taxi point P6 (first possible turnoff when landing on 05,) a black triangle cutting the runway. No idea if it is fatal or not, it may just be a spot of undefined texture. I may try it later. It may be possible to touch down just past it and still stop, but I wouldn't want to try it. I'd be more comfortable being able to stop in time landing on the 23 side. Or you've got all of lovely 13/31.... which is exactly the same length.

swamp

Postby swamp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:47 am

jwocky wrote:I still have to see, whether mp works on her and I want the color smoke repaired. That is, maybe Swamp and David can check on the mp livery whether it works for you. I am busy for the next hours, but maybe can grind out some hours to work on her again later today. Can someone keep me in the loop, if you test her?

Are you talking about Dave Culp or Dr. David? Dave Culp is not available a lot. You have to tell me. What is wrong with the colored smoke? I will load it up and try to see what your talking about. Maybe one of the OPRF guys can load up with me.
Last edited by swamp on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

swamp

Postby swamp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:43 am

I tested the livery with KB7, it works fine and so does the exhaust smoke. As far as the colored smoke is concerned what I added in my repository is not there. I see you have added a white smoke file but I see no binding to it. If you want colored smoke send me a PM and I will fork and make it.

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:17 pm

I will try to make it, but it is unlikely. I am drowning in work right now. Cyall in January, probably.
FGAF_P3

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:39 pm

Last lap in preparation for the USA Tour Leg 52nd

We are meeting this Saturday (December 17th) to fly Jet Fighters to Des Moines, Iowa.

The following is the list of confirmed participants. Flight will be completed in the FlightGear regular servers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATIONs:

* If you download the files with the zip snapshot listed above, rename the folder of the aircraft by removing the "-master", examples, after unzipping fkdr1-master becomes fkdr1
* The aircraft indicated with GIT* can also be obtained using git repository FGDATA Next generation with submodules. The branch in this event is currently the default branch being checkout by the repository. Just update the respective submodule if not done already

Code: Select all

Aircraft/SU-37 #IAHM-COL, SP-BAN
Aircraft/L-159 #KB7
Aircraft-nonGPL/TigerII-JSB # JWocky, Swamp
Aircraft-nonGPL/supermarine-swiftR5 # Lesbof
Aircraft/f-14b #Catalanoic
Aircraft/Hunter #Keith
Aircraft/JA37 # SHM
Aircraft/F-15 #it0uchpods

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IHCOL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:49 pm

KB7 wrote:Correction to flightplan as listed... waypoint TYROD does not exist in Flightgear. Substituting VIEEW is acceptable, as it is close and they're both points along the Q82 corridor.

Ammended as reported (first post of this thread)
thanks for the note General KB7

Col, IH-COL

R.M.S.

Return to “USA Tour”