USA TOUR Event | SAT NOVEMBER 19TH 18:00 - 22:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
SkyBoat

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT NOVEMBER 19TH 18:00 - 22:00 UTC

Postby SkyBoat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:58 pm

@IAHM-COL-- I did try the Fokker Eindekker. It was one I could coax into the air after it went off in all directions after releasing the brakes, but I was never able to once land it successfully no matter how slow I came in for the approach (about 40-45 kts). The fkdr1 just is a complete mystery for me. I think in maybe twenty tries, I once accidentally bounced it into the air. The SPAD, on the other hand, I took off the first time almost in a straight line. I have literally gone through the entire WWI aircraft list testing planes. The only other plane I had success with was the Gotha G. V.
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:31 pm

SkyBoat wrote:@IAHM-COL-- I did try the Fokker Eindekker. It was one I could coax into the air after it went off in all directions after releasing the brakes, but I was never able to once land it successfully no matter how slow I came in for the approach (about 40-45 kts). The fkdr1 just is a complete mystery for me. I think in maybe twenty tries, I once accidentally bounced it into the air. The SPAD, on the other hand, I took off the first time almost in a straight line. I have literally gone through the entire WWI aircraft list testing planes. The only other plane I had success with was the Gotha G. V.

There's been a fix to the Eindekker recently, it had a line of code from another plane I didn't intend to include, it spawns with the tail wheel bogey in 'castoring' mode, like having a shopping cart front wheel on the tailwheel or skid. I'd re-download it and give it a try.

P.S. as a side note, most WWI planes, ( especially fighters..) sit at a fairly acute nose high aoa which mean the P factor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-factor causes the aircraft to pull to the left or right depending on the propeller rotation. There will always be a little, ( sometimes a lot ..) of 'rudder dancing' to be done while getting the tail to transition to horizontal. This is true of even general aviation taildraggers.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:41 pm

BTW I've done an FDM readjustment of all the Albatros aircraft I've made which should make them a bit easier to ground handle. I will post up links once I've added them to new zip files. I think you will like them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s1dm5o4pab9ffa2/Albatros-DI.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/50da8mgwdg7hec3/Albatros-DIII.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rjhbiy11rv2l1gb/Albatros-CIII.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8jcfco8dn7s85sp/Albatros-CI.zip

Still working on splash and thumbnails.. :oops:

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:43 am

I think, I come around on Wednesday to finish the work on the fkdr1, at least good enough for the Tour (so, means flyable, probably not entirely authentic though). Sorry for yet another last minute action, but life is hard.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:47 am

sweet!
Thanks Lester and JWocky :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:45 am

@Lester-- Thanks so much for the info. I will, indeed, download the Eindekker and the Albatrosses again and give them a try!
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:12 pm

I'll try to join with the Fokker Dr1 also, I wanted to make the Fritz Kempf livery for it but it isn't possible to do with the current UVmap :|. Because it has text on the mid-wing, but when I paint it on it will also appear on the underwing (and the wheels don't change by livery change),also the tail uvmap doesn't work for the livery either. The text says "Kennscht mi noch?" translated "Remember me?".
And it's quite obvious for me to choose the Fokker because it became later a Dutch company and since 2015 sadly a British company. But it has still offices in The Netherlands where they make parts for the NHIndustries NH-90 and Lockheed-Martin F-35 Lightning II.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:13 pm

I'd like to someday build a Hanriot HD.1 Belgium's only native fighterplane for WWI. It had a reputation of being an excellent diver, flown in Boom and Zoom tactics, which is unusual for a rotary powered fighter. Willy Coppens made this plane famous.

KB7

Postby KB7 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:18 am

If I'm able to, and if I can get the FGMEMBERS server online, I'll join with the Fokker Eindecker E III.
After spinning out with the Eindecker one too many times on taxi, and flying all the other aircraft mentioned so far, I am officially turning turtle and have resettled on the Albatros CI.

I must agree with Vincent, though, that unless one of us is actually banned from using the standard MP servers (and while I agree that having a backup MP server in pocket is an excellent thing,) it does us no service to preemptively segregate ourselves away from the rest of the FG MP flying universe. And we gain the possibility of more possible members joining the FGMEMBERS cause by flying where everyone else flies where we can be noticed in a group. Just my .02 and I might be wrong.
Last edited by KB7 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:34 am

KB7 wrote:If I'm able to, and if I can get the FGMEMBERS server online, I'll join with the Fokker Eindecker E III.

I must agree with Vincent, though, that unless one of us is actually banned from using the standard MP servers (and while I agree that having a backup MP server in pocket is an excellent thing,) it does us no service to preemptively segregate ourselves away from the rest of the FG MP flying universe. And we gain the possibility of more possible members joining the FGMEMBERS cause by flying where everyone else flies where we can be noticed in a group. Just my .02 and I might be wrong.

You are certainly correct, as my Remembrance Day Weekend flight picked up 3 people, who happened to notice we were flying in a group of WWI planes.

Although I did talk with 737 the weekend before.

Return to “USA Tour”