Open Letter to Curt, Thorsten, Hooray, Bugman & Stuart B. and Other Moderators

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi Guys,

DrDavid/SkyBoat here. I want to make you a sincere invitation to change the tone of the acrimony that has existed since the formation of Free Flight, Free Speech and FGMEMBERS. The FGMEMBERS administrators are all in support of my reaching out to you.

I invite you to join us for the USA Tour 50, which is coming up this Saturday, September 24 at 16:00-22:00 UTC.

The aircraft for this leg are charter aviation propeller planes. No jets or helicopters. That opens it up to just about any prop plane in FlightGear. I am flying the Dornier 228NG.

We will be departing Louisville International Airport (KSDF), Louisville, Kentucky, and flying to Theodore Francis Green Memorial State Airport (KPVD), Providence, Rhode Island. The leg distance is 700 nm. Because of the different cruising speeds of the various aircraft, takeoff times will be staged by ATC, so that the group arrives at KPVD at close to the same time.

http://www.thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=711

The reason for this invite is I think all of you perhaps need to experience the sheer fun of flying in a group.

You seem to spend so much time obsessing with your forum and working with the administrative side of FlightGear that you take almost no time to actually fly the flight simulator. Now, you may have callsigns that I just don’t recognize and you fly regularly. Or you may fly a lot and don’t make use of the Multiplayer.

Nevertheless, flying in a USA Tour event is a blast and we have so much fun getting from point A to point B. We use Mumble to communicate by voice and chat along the way. As a result, we have built friendships that are enduring.

If you would accept the invitation to join us, we would make a very strong rule not to bring up any forum issues so that you would be able to fly without worrying about being attacked by someone. And we would guarantee to police anyone who broke that rule and would shut them down immediately.

So, please come fly with us. Come for the joy of being a pilot. Come for the joy of flying with a group. Come for the chance to heal some wounds. It’s time for you to get up from behind your forum desks and take off with this wonderful flight simulator that you provide for all of us!

DrDavid/SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

SHM

Re: Open Letter to Curt, Thorsten, Hooray, Bugman & Stuart B. and Other Moderators

Postby SHM » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:17 pm

SkyBoat wrote:So, please come fly with us. Come for the joy of being a pilot. Come for the joy of flying with a group. Come for the chance to heal some wounds. It’s time for you to get up from behind your forum desks and take off with this wonderful flight simulator that you provide for all of us!

DrDavid/SkyBoat

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KL-666

Re: Open Letter to Curt, Thorsten, Hooray, Bugman & Stuart B. and Other Moderators

Postby KL-666 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Now that is just a great idea. Let me give an analogy. When you only meet people in board meetings, each defending their department, the atmosphere can become quite grim. When on the other hand the board members meet in a different setting, say a party, they learn to know eachother on a different level. No work, but personally. That can have a very positive effect on the goodwill towards eachother in the board meetings too.

Kind regards, Vincent

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:26 am

It's amazing (I know, the statement I seam to love most although I am not an American), how this is going on while I'm being treated as someone saying something against jews getting out of a concentration camp, just for stating (or not stating) my oṕinion. Freedom of Speech. Love this.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Several times now i have noticed that you have imported the bad habit to this forum, of twisting words and spreading them as wide as possible. There is nothing anyone can do about it, because you are free to do so.

On the other hand, if someone notices such behaviour, he is free to express his findings.

So which part of the forum is not free in your opinion?

Kind regards Vincent

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 pm

@D-ECHO--

Would you give a bit more context to your statement:

how this is going on while I'm being treated as someone saying something against jews getting out of a concentration camp, just for stating (or not stating) my oṕinion.

I can't figure out how it applies to the Open Letter Invitation. Are you referring to how you are treated on the other forum? It seems like such an odd thing to say without explaining in more detail what you mean.

Thanks so much!

SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:15 pm

@SkyBoat, I would have to agree with you here. Inviting the Flight Gear mods to the tour is a great move towards peace between us, but i doubt that they will communicate to us except through FGcom, (more than likely 122.75) If we want to communicate with them through voice. But I do hope that they show up none the less!

Return to “USA Tour”