USA TOUR Event | SAT AUGUST 20TH 17:00 - 21:30 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
swamp

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT AUGUST 20TH 17:00 - 21:30 UTC

Postby swamp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:20 pm

LesterBoffo wrote:
swamp wrote:The P40 is flying better is anyone has not picked a plane I have been flying it and keeping Helija working on it. It should get another FDM update here shortly.

If you are doing the YASim version of it I have a good working engine/propeller .xml segment.

I'm not flying it. I was just throwing it out there, we were talking about it on mumble a couple weekends ago.

swamp

Postby swamp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:23 pm

I am having trouble getting liveries set up on the P47. I don't know what I am doing. Uhg, I may just paint over the texture for now I still have FDM work to do.

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Not sure I like the P-47. Dave's original version effectively locked my mouse so I couldn't move my view so I had to fly in helicopter view, which kinda sucked. Then with the FGMEMBERS version (which I guess is actually the FGUK version) won't let me use the rudders or ailerons, so I had to use the autopilot. I tried landing, but once I touched don't the think completely flipped out and I ended up upside-down in some KSFO suburb 2 miles from the runway.

Swamp pls save me

EDIT: Swamp nice work! I will be flying Swamp's P47 tomorrow :D

Also, I love the "Engage" button :P
FGAF_P3

clrcoda

Postby clrcoda » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:26 am

You probably have sane scenery, but...

If you happen to be using 1.0.1 scenery, you might notice a beacon tower on the runway at KLOU. Easy to move it over, just open

(path to scenery)\Terrain\w90n30\w86n38\1548297.btg

and change line three to this:

OBJECT_SHARED Models/Airport/beacon.xml -85.663943 38.227779 164.9 0.00

and that will slide the beacon off the runway. I really don't know if this is the correct position, but I had to get it out of the way because it is hitt-able.

But like I said, you most likely don't experience this problem if you are using updated scenery, juswt us 1.0.1 guys.

--ray

swamp

Postby swamp » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:27 am

HOM001 wrote:Swamp pls save me

Well I can't take credit for the engage button, that was done by Mr. Adams but I had trouble flying it with the old Yasim FDM. FYI this one will freak out also if it crashes because I have not done rebounds on the air frame yet but these things don't happen over night. This is the first tail dragger I have done JSBsim on and I'm running into a few strange things that I have never ran into. Like why in the heck are there no brakes to stop you when you land? So these are some things I need to figure out. Regardless I have it flying well so I will still be using this plane.

clrcoda

Postby clrcoda » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:14 am

To Dr. David,

Keith had installed your cool fixes to the xp-47 before he had a chance to install the lockheed-p38 and noticed that the xp-47 had no sound.

Looks like emmanual had included all the proper wav files and the sound.xml from the p-38 but forgot to change the references, making the xp-47 dependent on the lockheed-p38. But he did indeed include all the wav files into the xp-47.

so upshot is I'm fixing my local copy, and you might consider fixing the one that gets shared at git so that it has no dependencies.

thanks,
--ray

oops I'm wrong, some of the wav files are indeed not included with either plane. wind, crank, enginestart, possibly more.

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:27 am

swamp wrote:

Well I can't take credit for the engage button, that was done by Mr. Adams but I had trouble flying it with the old Yasim FDM. FYI this one will freak out also if it crashes because I have not done rebounds on the air frame yet but these things don't happen over night. This is the first tail dragger I have done JSBsim on and I'm running into a few strange things that I have never ran into. Like why in the heck are there no brakes to stop you when you land? So these are some things I need to figure out. Regardless I have it flying well so I will still be using this plane.

I couldn't land the bird :P

When it lands, it immediately starts break dancing in the middle of the runway. Like all forward motion stops and it just starts doing backflips through the ground. It's actually fun to watch lol. That's why then invented parachutes...the jwocky method of deplaning :P

As for brakes, I think the issue is that the 'B' key is already assigned to the machine guns (at least pressing the b key makes a machine gun noise).

If you're basing this model off of Dave Culp's original version, I noticed that his version has a dependency on his AD-4 aircraft, but I think that might only have to do with the instruments and not the brakes or break dancing.
FGAF_P3

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:08 am

@Ray-- Just saw you your comment about the sound issues. To late to fix them tonight, unfortunately. I wasn't even aware of them because I had the P-38 installed and my plane always had sound. Otherwise, I could have taken the time this afternoon to do that fix. It would have been pretty easy to find where all those dependencies are and change them.

Dr.David/SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

swamp

Postby swamp » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:51 am

HOM001 wrote:
swamp wrote:

When it lands, it immediately starts break dancing in the middle of the runway. Like all forward motion stops and it just starts doing backflips through the ground. It's actually fun to watch lol. That's why then invented parachutes...the jwocky method of deplaning :P

As for brakes, I think the issue is that the 'B' key is already assigned to the machine guns (at least pressing the b key makes a machine gun noise).

If you're basing this model off of Dave Culp's original version, I noticed that his version has a dependency on his AD-4 aircraft, but I think that might only have to do with the instruments and not the brakes or break dancing.

You may need to download it again I have done several commits. I haven't experienced the machine gun noise with the b button. I will check that. I have b bound to a button on my flight stick for brakes and have not heard that by pushing that either. There is a problem with the main gear going below ground when the tail comes up. I have not figured the cause of this out yet. It appears when the gear goes below ground I lose the ability to brake but I can when it is sitting flat with the tail on the ground. There are no brake properties set for the tail gear in JSBsim so this can not be the cause. This is my first tail dragger FDM. Its a pain in the butt. I am still working on it though. As far as the violent crash this is because I have not had time to set those rebounds yet due to working on the FDM. I guess this is what a i get for deciding to do this 3 nights before the event.

clrcoda

Postby clrcoda » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 pm

@Israel, might have a look at the p51d download, no way it's 504mb

@skyboat, as I thought. still a nice plane :)

--ray

Return to “USA Tour”