USA TOUR Event | SAT JULY 16TH 17:00 - 21:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

USA TOUR Event | SAT JULY 16TH 17:00 - 21:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the [url]confirmed helicopters[/url] before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 48th Leg: Helicopters (Civilian) | SAT JULY 16TH 17:00-21:00 UTC

FORTYEIGHTH TRIP
Departing Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (KDCA): Washington,District of Columbia
Arriving Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial Airport (KBDR): Bridgeport, Connecticut

*************************************************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: 225 nm
Competing Aircraft: Any Helicopter that has been used for Civilian Operations
Expected Cruising Speed:approx. 85 KTS
Expected Cruising Altitude:1500-2000 AGL
Expected Duration (en route): 2h 45 min en Route
**************************************************************************************************************************

The Helicopters (Civilian)

Hi everyone, Welcome to the USA TOUR!!

The USA-Tour Presidential meeting finished with great success after being transported by the USA Tour Pilots to Washington D.C.

It counted with the Presence of the heads of State of USA (J.F.K), Colombia, Germany, Canada, India, Turmekistan, and the United Kingdom.

The meeting was held in total secrecy, and the redacted summary remained for their eyes only -- so we remain unsure what was all about!

After the Presidential Leg, the USA Tour will now depart to the State of Connecticut, in a Celebration of Igor Ivanovich Sikorsky's Legacy.

Aircrafts

This is the second time the USA Tour will be completed flying helicopters. Whereas the first time we piloted Military based Rotatories, thus this time, switching gears, we will be on command of Helicopters used in Civilian Operations.

Any Kind of Civilian Operation will approve a participant rotatory, and the Tour will follow the following considerations to consider a participant aircraft:

• Helicopters that were/are used for both military and Civilian use are approved
  • SAR (Search and Rescue) operations will be considered Civilian in Nature, and approved
  • Medical Brigades (Red Cross and others) will be considered Civilian in Nature, and approved
  • Police Helicopters (RHCP) will NOT be considered Civilian in Nature

The GCMAP

Route:

We will fly a VFR route at an altitude of 1500-2000AGL. This time our helicopter flight will take us over the most dense population urban areas of the U.S. East Coast (and of the whole U.S as a matter of fact). Once departing the Capital City of Washington, we will head NE in a route that will overfly over Baltimore, the chesapeake bay, Wilmington, The Delaware River, The original U.S capital --and starting point of the Tour-- Philadelphia, then enter via the Hudson River over the Statue of Liberty, Slightly guided by the Hudson River We will overfly Manhantan, and Once we find La Guardia, we will let the Northern Shore of the Long Island Sound be our visual guide towards the state Of Connecticut's most populated city, Bridgeport, where we find Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial.

SKYVECTOR

Code: Select all

KDCA KBWI CHESAPEAKE BAY KILG DELAWARE RIVER KPHL HUDSON RIVER [TICKL] [HEROS] KLGA LONG ISLAND SOUND NORTH COAST[CEPOG] [LUYXU] KBDR

Rescue Plan

If weather becomes uncooperative, and properly flowing the VFR plane is impossible, then we'll resort to the following NDB fligth plan

SKYVECTOR

APG OGY

PROCEDURES

Charts

Multiplayer Server

Operations will take place in FGMEMBERS' server. Pilots are encouraged to join in to the group.

To connect to the multiplayer server check the information provided at

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat.
Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

server: mumble.allfex.org
Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Forum

Follow us in the Free Flight Free Speech Flightgear Forum at
http://www.thejabberwocky.net

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT JULY 16TH 17:00 - 21:00 UTC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Planning Valery's heli ;)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:43 pm

IAHM-COL will pilot the Sikorsky-S64 / Erickson Air-crane

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

HOM001

Postby HOM001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Finally, a Saturday I'm free! (tentatively)
I will have to do some testing to see which ones are noob-friendly :D
FGAF_P3

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Can I use the Mi6?
Only heli I can manage now without my joystick.

Or else the DHC6 or c172 :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Robinson 44, mates -- try it!

MI-6 being a heavy transport, I'd say it could be used, under the appropriate livery, of course.

Aeroflot civillian MI6
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Mi6 is fine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-6#Operators wrote:From 1959 to 1972 at least 500 units were built for various general-transport, utility, firefighting and flying-crane duties

If there isn't a proper livery, what it counts is that the helicopter qualifies. So, that's good.

R.M.S.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:09 pm

I take the SkyCrane as well!
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 pm

I'll probably be there with my McDonnell Douglas MD902 Explorer (I'll release a new version before the tour).

Or I'm there with a secret project (Italian Helicopter more I can't say).

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:51 pm

If I have time, I'll join in.... helicopter: Eurocopter EC135? or EC130? or AS350? I am not sure.... :D

Return to “USA Tour”