USA TOUR Event | SAT JANUARY 9TH 17:00 - 24:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
legoboyvdlp

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT JANUARY 9TH 17:00 - 24:00 UTC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 pm

It also is in FGDATA W SUBMODULES if you use that ;)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:17 pm

I am switching to 757-200, operated by Titan Airways.
http://www.titan-airways.com/fleet/boei ... class.html

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi T-URBO
Got you in the Titan's B752

Also, the flight plan looks awesome.
(it is not exactly what I've had in mind thou. I was thinking doing this as we did one time in Charleston, WV. We would be completing the flight plan as filed to Pierre, and descend over the rwy in use, but abort the landing 1000AGL -- just overflying the FG scenery problems rwy, gain elevation again, to about 10000AGL, and then divert)

The plan would be, after climbing on aborted arrival to Pierre, just follow V26 to KRAP
https://skyvector.com/?ll=43.9354838444 ... RAP%20KRAP
Now, we have 2 options, Divert or follow an ammended flight plan you proposed. (I like your option too)

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Or we could do the best of the two. From FSD (SIOUX FALLS) Go direct to KPIR than go KRAP (Ok that sounded better in my head). I don't mind what we do just as long we have a plane before hand =}

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:06 pm

I assume you do not mean "direct" but J82, right?
Indeed it is the cleaner option: 1) don't need a fp amendment, we just instruct the diversion from FSD, to follow J82 to RAP (I would argue that RAP does not sound better than KRAP "in my head", but all in music is about the taste :ugeek: :mrgreen: ).
(I think we have a winner... and definitely it is the new comer! (''new-guy'' the official FGers would call it)

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:08 pm

OTOH
There is no point to look for J16 from KRAP. That's too much. I think I am adopting your FP KRAP-KPDX ;)

IH-COL

I will ammend the first post with these conclusions.

R.M.S.

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:14 pm

On my original FP I had From FSD follow the J82 to RAP, what my amendment was From FSD we go Direct to KPIR, then we do a miss approach to KRAP.

I also on the second flight plan there was two options which both work, I took this one as it you the original transition for the STAR and it was 1nm shorter (If that makes a big difference). Also we go over the VOR Crazy Woman (CZI).

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:40 pm

T-URBO wrote:On my original FP I had From FSD follow the J82 to RAP, what my amendment was From FSD we go Direct to KPIR, then we do a miss approach to KRAP.

I also on the second flight plan there was two options which both work, I took this one as it you the original transition for the STAR and it was 1nm shorter (If that makes a big difference). Also we go over the VOR Crazy Woman (CZI).

You lost me.Totally
Why would we miss approach to KRAP? That is our midway stop and refuel [**]. 1 hr stay over, on Rapid City.
We would miss the KPIR, just because the airport is broken in FG, so we needed to divert to KRAP. But KPIR was originally the correct destination, because it is the closest to a midway between Columbus and Portland. KRAP brings us like 100 nm closer to KPDX, and it is thus, not midway.

From KRAP to KPDX, we can't (should'nt) use the flight plan that I devised originally, departing KPIR, not only because it missed a Crazy Lady, but also because J16 is several nm northern of the location we would be on KRAP, so your FP is more logic from there. Also 1nm... it makes all difference in the skies.

---Footnote
[**] You are coming on a B752, but many charter small jets (VLJ or similars) don't have the range to go from Columbus to Portland in one go. For instance, my Hondajet has a range of 1200. It needs the stop. Others like the Citation X, the Dassault Falcon, and many other charters in the small category also need the pit stop

R.M.S.

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:13 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
T-URBO wrote:On my original FP I had From FSD follow the J82 to RAP, what my amendment was From FSD we go Direct to KPIR, then we do a miss approach to KRAP.

You lost me.Totally
Why would we miss approach to KRAP? That is our midway stop and refuel [**]. 1 hr stay over, on Rapid City.
We would miss the KPIR, just because the airport is broken in FG, so we needed to divert to KRAP. But KPIR was originally the correct destination, because it is the closest to a midway between Columbus and Portland. KRAP brings us like 100 nm closer to KPDX, and it is thus, not midway.

What I meant was from FSD we go Direct to KPIR, preform a miss approach at KPIR, than do direct to KRAP

From KRAP to KPDX, we can't (should'nt) use the flight plan that I devised originally, departing KPIR, not only because it missed a Crazy Lady, but also because J16 is several nm northern of the location we would be on KRAP, so your FP is more logic from there. Also 1nm... it makes all difference in the skies.

I was not clear.
We have two choices the J16 and than the JORAD transition which is 858.8nm or the one I picked the J82 via the JKNOX transition which is 855.8nm.

---Footnote
[**] You are coming on a B752, but many charter small jets (VLJ or similars) don't have the range to go from Columbus to Portland in one go. For instance, my Hondajet has a range of 1200. It needs the stop. Others like the Citation X, the Dassault Falcon, and many other charters in the small category also need the pit stop

KCMH to KRAP is 945.5nm
KRAP to KPDX is 858.8nm

So thats not a problem.

Return to “USA Tour”