T-URBO

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT JANUARY 9TH 17:00 - 24:00 UTC

Postby T-URBO » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Whats the difference between 747-8I 747-8I VIP and 747-8I VVIP

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm

The 747-8I is by Tikibar.
JWOCKY made a VIP (Very Important Person) version of the 747-8i, and a VVIP version (VERY very important person).
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:15 pm

The VVIP has a primitve air to air refueling, a rudimentary oil system (never finished that one though) and a reinforced gear. Think about Air Force One. The VIP is basically just a 747-8 and I neglected it when all these other planes landed on my desk.
I am currently working on the Lineage1000 or will at least be probably tomorrow when some other things are done outside of FG and she is also part of the VIP package and I think to fo ahead and work up the JSB version of the VIP and VVIPs. As much as I love Tikibar's work, the 747-8 felt always a little bit light to me and somewhat too forgiving in turns (no sideslip) and I want to give her more of the feeling to be a real heavy bastard and maybe toy a bit around with some internals (I have a ground effect in the Lineage and I want to see how this works in the 747). But as usual, it all depends how much time I can squeaze out of my other activities to tinker on planes.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:07 am

1. To those in the big birds: Keep in mind that KPIR airport is not your Jumbo comfort zone. It is located at 2000ft ASL, and It has 2 rwys: 13/31 6900ft, and 07/25 6881 ft. Will you guys be landing and taking off either of these depending on winds? (ILS only available for 31!).
Also the Tarmacs are not ellaborated. You are going to be finding just 2 parallel rwys at the moment.

(specs for the 747-8i: Bring it light, and proper flaps and you'll make it: for a challenge)

On the other hand, the planes qualify, and they have long enough range. If you guys are willing to establish yourselves in a holding pattern surrounding Pierre (112.5 PIR @ 5000) for 1 hr, that'll be game :P

Good thing those biggies have the fuel range to hold you over and then reach Portland.

2. F36 (747 or 757), JWocky (Lineage 1000), T-URBO (747), would you mind providing a link to the charter company you guys are claiming charters or is planning to charter the plane of your choice? Just to be fair.

IH-COL (That's my signature regardless if you get information of other name of mine! :) )
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:15 am

I can land on 5741ft...
Tight, but...
Hey!
It's fun.
I will undouvtedly conduct several go arounds due to wrong approaches, if winds dictate that 31 is not to be used.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:24 am

I better load enough fuel for some go arounds, or a diversion to KRCA

Speaking of default runway, why not give it a go, so it will be nicer to visit in 2 years, hopefully? It should not take too long...
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:59 am

legoboyvdlp wrote:Speaking of default runway, why not give it a go, so it will be nicer to visit in 2 years, hopefully?

Do you mean WEDing KPIR? mmmm
I had teased the idea, but I ve been working all my FG hours in the Honda Jet. Its becoming a real amazing little byzjet to fly, not :mrgreen:
(in other words, I prob. lack the time to improve it this Dec)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:19 pm

It looks nice. But seriously, afterburners?!

Nevermind, I will have time later this month to do it, submit it, and hopefully, it will be in TerraSync someday.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:30 pm

Landing instructions for the 747-8s (basically all variants from Tikibar or my own):
WITH ILS
- about five minutes before turning into the dovetail, fuel down to five percent, balance button in the control menu (under aircraft menu)
- flaps 25, bank angle limiter off, speed down to 165, follow the localizer than glide slope like normal (in AAP mode the go on glide slope when crossing it on their own)
- while on glide slope, steps by step to flaps full while reducing speed to 145 knots.
- autobrakes on max
- the AP switches off at 200 ft altitude
- reversers can be used without the throttle back to zero, so you leave the throttle, push the reverser (delete) about at fifty feet altitude and take the nose a little up (don't over flare)
- let her drop maingear first on the runway, push stick extreme forward to get the nose gear on the ground, hold brakes and push throttle forward to 100%. You should come to a hold in about 5600ft, but since she is such a well tempered shaggy cow, you can also probably at 60 knots have her sliding in a taxiway off the runway.

AGAINST ILS:
That is basically the same thing, only you come from exactly the other side, use the ILS freqneuncy with the LOC button, that gives you the horizontal direction and then try to hit a point eight miles out at 2500ft above ground. From there, at speed 165, a 3 degree glideslope is about -700fpm vertical speed and since the AP switches off anyway at 200 ft, you can correct what little error margin is left manually. Don't forget to drop speed and have her at full flaps, just like with the ILS procedure.

Taking off:
- tanks almost empty (maybe 10% that shouls make it over the second leg), parking brakes on, flaps full
- spin engines up while parking brakes are on to max
- lose parking breaks.
- hold stick SLIGHTLY forward to keep the nose wheel on the gorund as long as you can and prevent a steeper attack angle
- pull the stick full at the end of the runway, then level right after you take off bakc to about 6 degree pitch. Fromthat point on, you have to gain speed first, then you can climb better (she can make without problems 1000, maybe 1500 fpm depending on the speed you reached on the runway, but your cirtical factor here is speed, not so much climb in the first minute or so).

For the 757s:
Basically the same as for the 747, only the landing speed can easily go down to rather 135-140 and she takes off at a slightly lower speed than the big baby.

For the A380
... who the hell cares about an A380

For the Lineage
funny thing, but since she has despite less weight and size aboutish the same relation between weight and thrust when she is full fueled, you just handle her like a 747. If the belly tank is empty, she will take off on her own before she even rolled the 6000ft if you have flaps full. On the other hand, if she is fully fueld up at the first departure, she doesn't need to refuel to begin with and can fly alos circles with the big brothers. So, no pain at all.

727 ... if someone is crazy enough to do that
Taking off
- well, before Soitanen, you could spin her up with parking brake on, full throttle and flaps one step from max.
- when you run out of runwayx, rotate and take her up but level her immediately again. Then you alternate all the time to gain a few secons speed, a few seconds altitude. Imagine climbing up a stair. At 200 knots all is nice and easy and you can fly her very normal.

Landing
now, that is an art, the engines and therefore the reversers are not that strong as in modern planes and the brakes are just crap ... that is authentic for you. So to land her with even a little weight in it you have to stall her short above ground. If you approach very normal for exmaple on the glideslope, go manual at 500 ft above ground and about 3/4 of a mile out, get the nose up till easily 20 degrees pitch (that reduces your speed, you bet) and then, when her lift gets too low, she falls on her own alittle nose forward and loses altitude, that is when you go back to a steep flare attitude (you should be able to go 10-12 dgree without tail strike and let her drop on the runway, use the reversers and hold the breaks ... and at this point you hope you didn't forget the gear.

So, have fun with that, I hope, it helps.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:23 am

Wait, taking off with tanks empty.... to fly next many states away?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Return to “USA Tour”