USA TOUR past events | Record

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

Re: USA TOUR past events | Record

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:47 am

The USA TOUR floated his way to New York, New York

On the 15th of November, the USA Tourists completed the Shortest USA Tour. A dramatic contrast to previous legs, such as Kansas City, Missouri, to Pago-Pago, American Samoa.

We flew aerostats, most of which were of the Zeppelin or blimp type. In my case the decission was tailored by the additional steering ability, but I can't speak for every participant's motivation.

The flight was really awesome. And the weather cooperated as much as feasible with the flight plan. Visibility of 6SM, with a ceiling for few clouds at 5000 feet. Cold air. And Winds coming from the North-NorthWest, pushing a nice tailwind south the Hudson Channel.
We couldnt ask for better flying conditions for an event of this nature.

Yet, this is the USA tour, and events wont just happen fully smooth.

FG crashed on IAHM-COL a unresonable number. Four Times. I departed three times from Newark, but given that most pilots were already standing awaiting for my arrival, and I was confortably entering Jamaica Bay, I departed a last time from the N22 historical zone, where there is curiosly enough an helipad for flightgear.

Other casualties included Michat in a Hot Air Ballon. The scenery in New York being too heavy for his computer to Handle. Cain in the beautifully modelled but raw FDM Submarine Scoute Zeppelin, couldnt keep control of the undeveloped blimp, and sank in the Hudson. And Skyboat's Nordsterm with engine failures drifted unavoidably to the SouthWest, and slowly departing the course, without anyone being able to find a technical reason for his misfortunes.

Misfortunes, and all, the USA tour is always a great experience where very skilled FG Pilots meet. Even to try unusual aircraft with unexpected aerodynamics. I was doubtful anyone will actually make it to Kennedy, but my pleasant surprise is... I was wrong! :D

In this picture we can see the aerostat caravan down the Hudson or entering the Jamaica:

A few pilots patient enough to wait for me at Kennedy, In spite of the continous misdemeanors by my computer crashing and my rather unexperienced handling of the Zeppelin

Expect announcements for the Next USA Tour Leg, to be held on November 29th.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:48 am

Route 28: Summary
  • City_28: New York - New York
  • Route: KEWR - KJFK
  • Topic: Aerostats (Zeppelins and Ballons)
  • Date: 11/15/2014
  • Pilots (Segment I):IH-COL (ZLT-NT), Skyboat (Nordstern), Lesbof (Early G-blimp), F36 (ZLT-NT), Legoboy (Early G-blimp), Jwocky (Nordstern), Cain (Submarine Scout), Michat (Hot Air Ballon)
  • Company: Falcon (B788, A333, ask2mi), MIA1295 (A333), Thuko48 (CitationX), PH-ONOX (F-14), Snafu (Arrival), AtlasBr (Arrival)

A Ranked Tabulation of Participants

Code: Select all

Rank| Pilot| Participations | Remarks
0 IH-COL    |  28  | Out of Contest
1 Lesbof     |   10
2 LV-EPM    |  9
3 JWOCKY | 8
3 Side        |  8
4 Sbyx       |  6
5 Cain | 4
5 F-36  | 4
5 MD-GRK  | 4
5 STAR        |  4
5 PH-ETE   |  4
6 A-BODY  |  3
6 D-LASER | 3
6 Rick Ace | 3
6 Skyboat | 3
7 CA-ASC  | 2
7 lastmin   | 2
7 Legoboy | 2
7 PH-ONOX | 2
8 Cata        |  1
8 CC-DLV   | 1
8 Echo1 | 1
8 Falcon | 1
8 FMG        | 1
8 Mattila    | 1
8 Michat  | 1
8 M-J4MC   | 1
8 OOZVY   | 1
8 PALO      | 1
8 Tikibar  | 1
8 Turbo      | 1

Note: Tabulation above only account for pilots bringing participant planes, not company.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:48 am

DELAYED DELAYED DELAYED DELAYED DELAYED

USA TOUR leg has been delayed. Departure currently scheduled one week later, on SAT OCT 11TH AND SUN OCT 12TH.

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the confirmed planes before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 27th Leg: Newark - New Jersey | Twinjet Airliners | SAT OCT [s]04TH[/s] 11TH AND SUN OCT [s]05TH[/s] 12TH 16:00 UTC - 24:00 UTC

TWENTYSEVENTH TRIP
Departing Honolulu International Airport, (PHNL): Honolulu - Hawaii
Connecting Flight Sacramento International Airport, (KSMF): Sacramento - California
Arriving Newark Liberty International Airport, (KEWR): Newark - New Jersey

***********************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: approx 4300 nm: 2140 nm + 2173 nm
Competing Aircraft: All jetliners with two engines in any configuration
Expected Cruising Speed:Cruising condition for slowest PARTICIPANT plane
Expected Cruising Altitude: Ceiling condition for lowest PARTICIPANT plane and above (Odd altitudes)
Expected Duration (en route): Up to Six hours each day, depending on PARTICIPANT planes
***********************************************************************************************

Flightgear's USA Tour 26th: Twinjet Airliners

Our last arrival to Hawaii's Honolulu was conducted in Airliners with 3 or more engines; on a route of about 2500 nm completed in 5.5 hours. The next USA tour leg will, similarly will be completed in two segments of about 2200 nm each:

The first segment will be completed on Saturday October [s]4th[/s] 11th, starting at 1600UTC. We will depart Honolulu and we will fly across the Pacific to reach continental USA. We will then circle around San Francisco International, and we will look our Connecting Flight in Sacramento International Airport. The Route duration will depend on the participant planes chosen, but I speculate a duration of about 5 hours. We will finish our first half on Saturday around 24Z, with our arrival pictures in Sacramento.

The second segment will be completed the following day, on Sunday October [s]5th[/s] 12th, starting at the same time, 1600UTC. Departing Sacramento, we will head west, and complete a Cross-Country Travessy from the West Coast to the East Coast, and we will be landing in our arrival destination; Newark Liberty International. This route is almost same in length, and thus duration, and I expect we will be finishing this 2 day event at 2400Z on Sunday.

Pilots may choose to participate on either of these days, or, naturally if willing, both. IH-COL will captain in both of these. All participant pilots will choose their TwinJet Airliner [Commercial/Civilian] of preference. The planes could be any size, and any generation. A pilot may choose to bring two different planes for each half of the event, or use the same Aircraft of choice in the whole Leg. Finally, keep in mind that in the first Half, accross the pacific, there is an unrefuelable distance of 2200nm that your plane needs to accomplish!

I will be curious to know what beauties will you be handling! :D

Myself, I had already decided I will be flying an Embraer Jet 190 specially modified for very luxurious private aviation: The Lineage 1000. I am using it in both segments.

Aircrafts

Participant planes had to comply with
  • Having been used as a Civilian or Commercial Aircraft
  • Having two engines in any configuration (wing or fuselage mount)
  • Being able to fly non-stop for 2500 nm (Range) [There are not refueling stops possible on the Saturday's route]

I will place a list of confirmed planes below

The GCMAP

Route
We will be following RNAV routes

Day 1: SAT OCT [s]04TH[/s] 11TH: 16:00-24:00Z
SKYVECTOR:

PHNL [MKK4.CLUTS] MKK CLUTS R465 CEBEN CIVIT CORTT CUNDU CREAN CINNY RAINS BRINY SEEMS GOBBS SAU CROIT CCR [CCR2] ISYOH ELKOE KSMF

Day 2: SUN OCT [s]04TH[/s] 12TH: 16:00-24:00Z
SKYVECTOR:

KSMF [DUDES9.LLC] CROTI DUDES ALPIN LLC J32 BAM LCU Q122 BEARR KURSE ONL J94 KATES FOD VIGGR DBQ COTON OBK J584 UNBAR CRL KEEHO DORET ZORBO SLT FMQ [FQM3] MEGSS HAYED RACKI PENNS SWEET BWZ KEWR

PROCEDURES

The following are important proccedure information.

Ground Charts

SIDS

STAR

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat.
Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

server: mumble.allfex.org
Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:49 am

USA Tour Leg 27 Summary and Ranks

This leg was initially scheduled Oct 4TH-5TH 2014. For personal reasons IH-COL had to delay departure for a week, and finally we met in Honolulu on OCT 11TH. On this first day we flew the Oakland Oceanic, to Sacramento. The planes in topic, any twinjet airliner.
Omega kindly accepted IH-COL request to cover the Oakland Oceanic FIR to have some Flight Regional Information Control experience in Flightgear.

Flightgear multiplayer play some hardship on departure. Pilots had serious frame per second lagging, and as a consequence, a pilot, D-EVIL had to voluntarily withdraw his participation, and prevent himself to fly a classical B772 with us. Real bummer.

Departure, was a bit bumpy on the emotional side. But being goal-minded people we overcome hardship, and sucesfully took off RWY 08L heading direct to MKK and from there en route via CLUTS transition and into Oakland Oceanic Airspace at FL310. The route was followed for about 5.5 hours to exit Oakland Oceanic and entering the really crowded airspace of San Francisco International. We circled the airspace maintaining a distance of 25nm from KSFO and looked for Concord VORTAC to complete our approach to Sacramento.

Against all odds, the vicinity of KSFO did not cause major stability issues and we succesfully approached and landed. I believe that maintaining altitude FL310-FL210 surrounding the busy airspace was clue in preventing collisions with low traffic ongoing. Althought we invited KSFO traffic to join USA tour fun, apparently, as always, KSFO traffic remained unnoticing of what was going on around them.

Sacramento happened to be a very convenient stop. Located really close to midpoint of the great circle route between Honolulu and Newark.

After a good rest, the comboy met 24 hours following departure from Honolulu, but this time on Sacramento International. Our objective, to reach the goal, Newark Liberty in New Jersey. Again we expected to fly 2400 nm in a Coast-2-Coast travessy. IH-COL organized departure, which happen spectacularly smooth in spite of strong headwinds that caused some fuselage rattling on take off (We faced 34022G28K, departing RWY 34R). Following established STAR we rapidly faced northEast and overflew Salt Lake City, Chicago and Detroit.

This second leg was scenery to one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had got in Flightgear. Twinjets cruised the skies in tight formation for miles on end. Skyboat and others had the opportunity to capture jaw-dropping shots that can be seen elsewhere in the multiplayer forum site. I strongly recommend take a peak. :mrgreen:

http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24280
http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24283

For arrival, the tight crew performed Williamsport chart and by IH-COL instructions, pilot held circle on PENNS at different cleared altitudes where pilots where individually sent to ILS approach to RWY 22L in KEWR. Performance, in a single word was fantastic. WAY TO GO GUYS!!!

Now we are left in New Jersey for a few weeks. Next weekend I encourage pilots to try the road-trip in Isle of the man, that has been proposed by LesBof. Take a look at the fantastic motorcycle model by Mark Krauss (OMG!!). Hopefully this event reiterates on Saturday, cause it is happening on Friday~

After that EVERYONE is Invited to the FSWeekend: The Iberian Peninsula Festival. I and other friend (JWOCKY) are planning some long-hauling, and I will be posting on the festivals page our plans if someone else wants to come in comboy. FSWeekend is all about coming together as a community, thus no USA TOUR will be planned that day.

So after 1 week recess, the USA tour will be back November 15TH. Expect an unsual event. I am preparing the post. Stay Tune!

IHCOL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:49 am

Route 27: Summary
  • City_27: Newark - New Jersey
  • Route: PHNL - KSMF - KEWR
  • Topic: TwinJet Airliners (All of them)
  • Plane Featured: Any jetliners with 2 engines (any configuration) capable of cruising 2500nm+
  • Date: 10/11-12/2014
  • Pilots (Segment I):IH-COL (Lineage 1000 - 100%), Cain (757-200 - 100%), F36 (Lineage1000 and B787 - 100%), MD-GRK (A320neo - Departure from PHNL), Legoboy (777-200LR, Departure from PHNL)
  • Company (Segment I) :Skyboat (Loreley), JWOCKY (Loreley), Omega (Open-Radar: PHNL-CTR. Oakland Oceanic (ZAK FSS)), PH-ONOX (PHNL Follow me), Michat (Open-Radar:KSMF), D-EVIL (777-200 at PHNL), Falcon and US-AIR26 (777-300ER and B747-8i, copiloting on their own route/speed to KSMF)
  • Pilots (Segment II):IH-COL (Lineage 1000), JWOCKY (Lineage 1000), Skyboat (B717), Cain (B757-200 - Joined to Newark from 7the Midwest), MD-GRK (A320neo - Joined to Newark from the Midwest), D-LASER (Lineage 1000 - Joined to Newark from the Midwest), Falcon (777-300ER - Joined to KEWR from the Midwest: He required few take offs and Landings on his own at several hubs)
  • Company (Segment II) :Lesbof (B737 - Arriving KSMF on departure), Cervelo (B1B, Arriving KSMF on departure), F36 (Lineage 1000 Departure KSMF - Arrival KDEN), Michat (B727-230, Joined to KEWR- From the Midwest), KL-666 (B747-8i, arrival), F-JBTH (777-200ER, flying KSFO-KJFK following the route 1 hour behind the crew), PH-ONOX (arrival on KEWR)

0 IH-COL    |  27  | Out of Contest
1 Lesbof     |   9
1 LV-EPM    |  9
2 Side        |  8
3 JWOCKY | 7
4 Sbyx       |  6
5 MD-GRK  | 4
5 STAR        |  4
5 PH-ETE   |  4
6 A-BODY  |  3
6 Cain | 3
6 D-LASER | 3
6 F-36  | 3
6 Rick Ace | 3
7 CA-ASC  | 2
7 lastmin   | 2
7 PH-ONOX | 2
7 Skyboat | 2
8 Cata        |  1
8 CC-DLV   | 1
8 Echo1 | 1
8 Falcon | 1
8 FMG        | 1
8 Legoboy | 1
8 Mattila    | 1
8 M-J4MC   | 1
8 OOZVY   | 1
8 PALO      | 1
8 Tikibar  | 1
8 Turbo      | 1

Note: Tabulation above only account for pilots bringing participant planes, not company.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:50 am

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the confirmed planes before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 26th Leg: Honolulu - Hawaii | Multiple engine Jetliners | SAT SEP 20TH 16:00 UTC - 24:00 UTC

TWENTYSIXTH TRIP
Departing Pago Pago International Airport, (NSTU): Tafuna, Pago Pago - American Samoa
Arriving Honolulu International Airport, (PHNL): Honolulu - Hawaii

Leg Distance: approx 2260 nm
Competing Aircraft: All jetliners with three or more engines
Expected Cruising Speed: 250 KIAS | 442 KTAS | 0.77 Ma
Expected Cruising Altitude:FL370
Expected Duration (en route): 5h12min

Flightgear's USA Tour 26th: Multiple Engines Jetliners

USA Tour travelled to American Samoa on our last leg. On this, next section,we will be flying above Pacific Ocean in an Island Hoping leg. But this time, the Islands we are jumping are separated by an inmodest 2600 nm of just Pacific waters.

To achieve this, we will fly any generation Jetliners, that have three or four engines mounted in any configuration. These planes could be of any generation (like oldest De Havilland Comet 4, or Newest 747-8I), any size (think Falcon 50), and even any nationality (Think Tupolev 154B). The options of planes to choose is very large!. Make sure the plane of choice is capable to suistain at least 2500 nm with the fuel on board, because seing you going down Earhart style is a heart-ache.

The cruising conditions are not posted yet. I will hold until 24 hours before the event, and I will see what planes had became confirmed. At that time, using the charted specifications of the proposed/confirmed aircraft, I will indicate the most convenient cruising conditions for the group. I estimated that if we fly as slow as 380KTAS, the flight will take us up to seven hours enroute. But I expect this to be somewhat shorter (5-7 hours).

Aircrafts

• Having been used as a Civilian or Commercial Aircraft
  • Having at least three Jet propulsion Engines (Trijet), or more
  • Being able to fly non-stop for 2500 nm (Range) [There are not refueling stops on the route]

The GCMAP

Route
We will be following an RNAV route.
SKYVECTOR:

NSTU MIGIS PUPIS DUNEY DULCE DASNE DATBE [OPACA4.CARRP] CARRP OPACA PHNL

PROCEDURES

Ground Charts

Take Off Minimums Information

STAR

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat.
Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:51 am

USA Tour Leg 27th took us to the Island State

And thus, is Hula time :D

After a three week lapse since our Marathon overnight approach to the nearby the International time shift line island American Samoa, on September 20th 2014, we continued the travel towards Honolulu, Hawaii. The classical Islands hop. Just this time, the islands are separated by a 2500nm stretch of plain blue Pacific Ocean waters, with occasional accidental and minimal Atolls. Not quite the best place on earth to look for a re-spawning position in case of FG crashing. Yet, with some good luck that will not be happening.

But it did. Beginning of the route, N987F piloting a Falcon 50 was the first casualty of a rather inestable FG distribution. Then we lost Patstan. Later on the route crashes did also occur to Definee (F-36) and IH-COL who decided to restart in the Kiribati Islands and rapidly head west looking for the caravan. Quite many FG crashes for a challenging over the blue route!.

But in spite of, of perhaps due to the challenges faced, the USA tour leg was entertained, and FG participation in the Tour reaching new heigths.

The departure

We met around 20-15 minutes before scheduled departure, and standby, greeting in American Samoa. MD-GRK offered collaborating ATCing the departure. Even thou NSTU is a CTAF -nontowered little airport, given we were many pilots departing a single available runway, we could use some help. MD-GRK give all the pilots one of either two initial fixes at 3000 (CELIM or JONAS), and once we were all airborn he give us clearance to climb to filed Flight Level and continue our route with radar monitoring for 100 nm -- Great plan !

Cruising

Cruising went along as planned. Early on the route sun-rose. We followed the established RNAV route at FL350 0.77 Ma, and it took us about 5h30min to complete the cruising. Lots of fun mumbling in mumble. We talk varying topics from aviation to gourmet. Nice friendly chat made 5h time seem as a quick blink between wayfixes. A few airplanes coming from Kiribati (after restarting), others reaching the caravan because of a late departure. Since we weren’t throthling though our engines, pilots were able to catch up, with ease. (and for some, the occasional time-warp)

The Arrival

We were close. And arriving required improve our lateral separation. Omega (APP) and PH-ONOX (TWR) accepted helping our arrival, and created 2 channels for the purpose. Although duo ATC perfomance trends to be complicated, they performed really smooth, and the pilots were able to experience a close-realism high class ATC in Hawaii. We approached as filed from CARRP -> OPACA4, and were instructed to land on 08L. I couldn't: My FG crashed just as I was finishing the STAR. Every other pilot landed in a successive train of big birds. During arrival a few more pilots were also there for company and helping us celebrate the cross pacific feats.

Tikibar's touchdown
Cain's touchdown

The participants

Last words to congratulate the aviation skills, strength and endurance of our participants, and the support of our company. Here is the list of FG members that joined us in this 26th Leg: Participants JWOCKY (747-8VVIP), IH-COL (DH106 Comet 4), F-36 (747-8VVIP), Tikibar (747-8F), Skyboat (DC-10), Cain (B707); As company, Omega's N987F (Falcon 50, departure), Patstan (707TT and DC10, departure), Falcon's MH370 (777-200 and concorde, departure), TLS (Mirage 2000, departure), HanSolo (F14b, A380, arrival) and Firefly (B787-8, arrival).

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:51 am

Route 26: Summary
  • City_26: Honolulu - Hawaii
  • Route: NSTU - PHNL
  • Topic: Multiple engines (3+) Civilian Jetliners
  • Plane Featured: Any jetliners with 3+ engines capable of cruising 2500nm+
  • Date: 09/20/2014
  • Pilots (percentage of route flown): JWOCKY (747-8VVIP: 100%), Tikibar (747-8VVIP: 100%), Cain (707: 100%), IH-COL (DH106 Comet 4: 75%), F-36(747-8VVIP: 75%), Sky-boat (DC-10: 70%)
  • Company: Omega's N987F (Falcon 50), Falcon's MH370 (777-200, Concorde), TLS (Mirage 2000), patstan (707TT, DC-10), HanSolo (f14b,A380), Firefly (787-4), MD-GRK (openRadar NSTU), Omega (OpenRadar, PHNL-APP), PH-ONOX (OpenRadar, PHNL-TWR)

0 IH-COL    |  26  | Out of Contest
1 Lesbof     |   9
1 LV-EPM    |  9
2 Side        |  8
3 Sbyx       |  6
3 JWOCKY | 6
4 Star        |  4
4 PH-ETE   |  4
5 A-BODY  |  3
5 MD-GRK  | 3
5 Rick Ace | 3
6 CA-ASC  | 2
6 Cain | 2
6 D-LASER | 2
7 F-36  | 2
6 lastmin   | 2
6 PH-ONOX | 2
7 Cata        |  1
7 CC-DLV   | 1
7 Echo1 | 1
7 FMG        | 1
7 Mattila    | 1
7 M-J4MC   | 1
7 OOZVY   | 1
7 PALO      | 1
7 Skyboat | 1
7 Tikibar  | 1
7 Turbo      | 1

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:52 am

Important Notification

USA TOUR event | 25th Leg: Pago Pago - American Samoa | Military Long Range | SAT AUG 30TH 05:00 - 19:00 UTC

TWENTYFIFTH TRIP
Departing Kansas City International Airport, (KMCI): Kansas City - Missouri
Arriving Pago Pago International Airport, (NSTU): Tafuna, Pago Pago - American Samoa

Leg Distance: approx 5400 nm
Competing Aircraft: Any Long Range Military Aircraft
capable of keeping cruise conditions for at least 6000 nm (by Specs)

Expected Cruising Speed: 260 KIAS | 0.75 Ma | 434 KTAS
Expected Cruising Altitude: FL320-FL360/Even
Expected Duration (en route): 12 hours 35 minutes

Flightgear's USA Tour 25th: Military Long Range

Recently USA tour arrived to Kansas City in the State of Missouri (yes, not Kansas). We did so using Cargo Propeller planes in an amazing trip that looked neat and traffic remained really organized. The props cargo planes also looked amazing.

USA Tour 25th Map

The next 25th leg will take USA tour back to the farthest regions of the globe. As a matter of fact, we are now heading to an extreme location in the middle of the Pacific Ocean: American Samoa. This destination is so extreme, that it is, actually the Southern-most and at the same time the Western-most USA Tour hub. As a matter of fact, it is located a few miles of the International Date Line:

American Samoa is a World's Westernmost Location

The longest routes for the USA tour present a complex situation. In particular, it is not feasible to do this long hauls in short times, tipically, and thus event duration is lengthened, sometimes considerably. Last time we dared to the far pacific, we arrived the island of Guam. We travelled there in a long-haul that lasted the not small time of 15 hours, and the trip was flown using Civilian Long-range Airlines (I used, particularly the A380). Now, a new Long-Range event is taking place, but this time the twist is that Military Aircraft will be used instead. Any category, bombers, cargo, figther, recognition, refuel, etc, but the Aircraft needs to have been used for Military Purposes, and at the same time, be range and cruising conditions capable.

Another twist this time is that the flight is actually a "red-eye" flight. Occurring on its totality during night time (local times). We will be departing KMCI at Midnight (in Kansas City), and we will be arriving American Samoa around 6:30 AM local time. That same day, sunrise will occur at exactly 06:29AM in this location, which means, exactly our arrival will occur at sunrise, and we will be landing a few minutes after the star shows up in the horizon on AUG SAT 30th. After flying for over 12 hours, the effective time of flight will be around 7 hours.[from Midnigth to 7 AM on Saturday].

Naturally, to be able to understand the ACTUAL time this event is happening we will maintain UTC reference. Departure is occuring on SAT AUG 30TH at 05:00UTC from KMCI, and Arrival is scheduled to occur on SAT AUG 30TH at 17:30 UTC. Event duration may last until approximately 19:00 UTC. This may be an overnight flight, or a full-day flight for you depending on your location. To have a sense of what local time this event is happening in your area, you may refer to the following chart.

USA Tour 25th TimeLine

Aircrafts

• Being a military aircraft, or having been used for Military in any category (transport, fueling, bombing fighter, etc).
  • OR Aircraft that are tipically Civilian ARE ACCEPTABLE if these had been acquired and used for military purposes. Examples of this may include A330, B747(ie, Airforce One), B777, and others
  • The Aircraft will have an unrefueled range published of at least 6000 nm. Pay attention to Ferry Ranges in oppose to Combat Ranges.
  • The Aircraft will be able to maintain reasonably the expected cruising conditions, with a ceiling higher than FL320 and able to maintain 0.75 Ma speed.

The GCMAP
Note: In the map above, the lighter circle represents area that is closer to KMCI than NSTU

Route
We will be following an RNAV route.
SKYVECTOR:

KMCI WLDCT3.SLN MCI(113.25) TYTUS KENTN SLN(117.1) PENUT EDARE ZIGEE FORUN BUKEE GIREY NIDSE CUVEK OCURO STEPN MALIT IGOTT FICKY AHNDO BELAN CANOL SANTA QUIGG PASSA SAPIX DARMA JONAS DRAWN TUT(112.5) NSTU

PROCEDURES

Ground Charts

SIDs

IAPs

Expect arriving and holding JONAS@3000ft, then clearance to land ILS RWY 05 or DME/TACANB RWY 23 if conditions require.

Communications

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:53 am

And the USA Tour arrives to the FAR AWAY little Island of American Samoa

After a red-eye flight I need some sleep.
The following are the trackers of the two sections of the flight,
When I get some rest will describe a really amazing USA Tour leg.
IHCOL

(ps: Expect some pictures by the participants as well)

http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/tracke ... ht/278912/
http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/tracke ... ht/278940/

R.M.S.

Return to “USA Tour”