USA TOUR Event | SAT MARCH 25TH 16:00 UTC AND SUN MARCH 26TH 16:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

USA TOUR Event | SAT MARCH 25TH 16:00 UTC AND SUN MARCH 26TH 16:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the [url]confirmed aircraft[/url] before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 54th Leg: The Longest Tour | SAT MARCH 25TH 16:00 UTC AND SUN MARCH 26TH 16:00 UTC

FIFTYFOURTH TRIP
Departing Francisco C. Ada, Saipan Intl. Airport (PGSN): Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
Stopping Juneau Intl. Airport (PAJN): Juneau, Alaska
Arriving Portland Intl. Jetport (KPWM): Portland, Maine

*************************************************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: approx Ferry 6800 nm(!!)
Competing Aircraft: Any Civilian Long Range Jet Aircraft (capable of 4500 nm unrefueled distance)
Expected Cruising Speed:at or around 0.80 Ma
Expected Cruising Altitude:at or around FL330
Expected Duration (en route): SAT: 9h30 min en-route, SUN: 5h30 min en-route
**************************************************************************************************************************

The Longest Tour

The Tour succesfully made it to Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands, after overflying the North Pacific on a leg that lasted around 14h en route. Pilots finished feeling accomplished, off course -- but also exhausted. For the European time zones the flight was completed overnight, and landing briefly after breakfast time. For the American time zones the flight lasted from the early hours in the morning to early in the night. The tour made it for its last time to the far away Islands, after visiting all of them: Guam, American Samoa and now the Northern Mariana Islands.

But something we already experienced in the USA tour -- in consequence of the fact that our last destination matches the new departing airport; that arriving to these distant territories by means of a long and extenuating trip was immediately followed by experiencing an equally matched long return to continental USA.

Leg 54th, two legs shy of the Tour final conclusion, and return of the Mariana Islands, is, in fact the Longest tour. Joining the Eastern-Most location east of the International Date line (Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands), with the Eastern-Most location of the West Hemisphere (Portland, Maine), this Tour segment is the longest flying distance leg both by en-route flying distance as well as the great circle line --a whooping 6800 nm(!!) (no crow flies that way... I warranty). Also, and possibly as direct consequence, the leg 54th is the longest flight in terms of en-route time: To succesfully complete this enormous leg, the Tour will be completed in two segments; the first, a connecting flight to Juneau, Alaska will cover over the Pacific ocean, and will be done in 10 h flight on Saturday March 25th. The second segment, achieving arribal to Portland, Maine will overfly almost in its entirety over Canadian airspace (only the airports regulated airspace is USA territory) and will be completed in a sister 5 h flight to be completed on Sunday March 26th. Both days we'll depart at 1600Z.

Aircrafts

In order to succesfully participate in the USA Tour segment 54th, pilots are invited to choose a Civilian Jet Engined Aircraft that is capable to complete the 4500 nm distance joining Saipan to Juneau (Although pilots can choose a different aircraft for the second flight if they choose to, the aircrafts participating are STILL bound to this distance requirement to be considered participants!!).

Pilots can feel free to join either the Saturday or the Sunday leg, or even better ;) Both.

Let us know which aircraft or aircrafts are you planning to join with, and which segment or segments we will have the pleasure of your company, on this the longest leg of the years-long FlightGear's USA Tour.

Per popular request we will bring this tour of the leg to the regular FG servers. Hopefully we can show a very nice populated event, and maybe meet new friends

GCMAP

Route, Saturday March 25th:

Departing on Saturday, March 25th at 16:00Z from Saipan Intl. Airport (PGSN), Northern Mariana,
Expected Duration: 9h30 min enroute

SKYVECTOR

Code: Select all

TEGOD A337 DAGDA KAGIS POXED PUGAL PASRO A590 POWAL A590 PLADO A590 PINSO A590 PINTT A590 PUGGY A590 POETT A590 PORGE A590 HAMND ENA JOH T269 YAK J541 SSR 

Route, Sunday March 26th:

Departing on Sunday, March 26th at 16:00Z from Juneau Intl. Airport (PAJN), Alaska
Expected Duration: 5h30 min enroute

SKYVECTOR

ASORT2.ASORT CHILL DEEJA NCA10 YQU 5401N11555W WYLDE YEG CAMRA 5246N11028W YXE YQV VLR XL YSP BEMOG YMX J570 KELVI BTV V141 LEB CDOGG 

PROCEDURES

CHARTS

SIDS

Multiplayer Server

Operations will take place in the regular Flightgear Multiplayer servers.

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat. Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

server: mumble.allfex.org Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Forum

Follow us in the Free Flight Free Speech Flightgear Forum at http://www.thejabberwocky.net

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT MARCH 25TH 16:00 UTC AND SUN MARCH 26TH 16:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 pm

IH-COL Joins

Both Segments, Saturday and Sunday, piloting a reliable and amazing Boeing 777-200LR

Such plane needs no Introduction.

Best,
IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Joining both tours with the 707 from Lake of Constance.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 am

So guys....

I really want to make the stop in Juneau... that'll be lovely, and novel (as oppose to use Anchorage Intl. again)

My concern is that it may be a rather short runway and may give us some issues on landing and taking off comfortably.

Let me know your opinions guys! :D

IH-COL

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 am

IAHM-COL wrote:Let me know your opinions guys! :D

It should be fine.

I don't think I can fly on Saturday since I'll be going home from college, but if I can join in the middle I will.
Sunday No problem.

And I will also be bringing the 777-200LR.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Roughly 8800ft, so with low passengers and baggage, I should be okay
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I'll try to be there with either C-137R or MD-10, otherwise I'll hope that the C-32J can make it. ;)
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Isnt the C-32J a military variant?

The crafts are expected to be Civilian.
If a craft has been used in dual category: Civilian or Military, I was hoping the Civilian version joins the tour :D

(In my brain that reads some B75x variant)

Best
IH-COL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:55 pm

jwocky wrote:Roughly 8800ft, so with low passengers and baggage, I should be okay

Yeah! :D

Also, after flying 10 h the fuel tanks are not expected to be in "heavy" anymore, right? :P

(I think I better start practicing landings then)

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
(In my brain that reads some B75x variant)

Now, the additional problem I'm foreseeing is that with even a B753
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_757#Specifications

With a range of 3400nm you are out of the required 4500 nm range for a participant :S

From your initial list of optionables the MD-10 clearly cuts the cake.

IH-COL

R.M.S.

Return to “USA Tour”