Part 3, LGKF - LGSM

ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Re: Greece Islands

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:23 pm

That looks really fun V12
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:45 am

All those sceneries are freeware and yes, it was fun. Most difficult is Samos (LGSM) with Kai-Tak style approach. Yesterday I found next interesting destination - Ikaria (LGIK), small airport with a little short runway few miles westward from Samos. No SID, no STAR, no other procedures, only full manual arrival :

ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:28 am

in fg a few of us are hoping the west coast of africa.
fun trips.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:39 am

I do not use FG anymore, only sometime check what developers changed. But for me most annoying problems are still unsolved and nobody has the wil to solve it and I have no the will to use FGFS. I'm satisfied with P3D. No abrupt weather changes, no lags, stutters, strange scenery, problems with AIRAC procedures due to obsolete airport's runway designations etc. Almost all out of the box or the freeware airports are modelled much better than in FGFS, no aircraft taxiing over the grass or other immersion killers. The development is trampling on the spot - no multithreading support, still no WS3 scenery with updated airport runway markings etc etc. On my latest tests I observed strange fps drop down on any faster mouse input on the rotation selectors like speed, heading or altitude. I did not observed this effect in the version prior to 2020.3.X. Hooray only wrote his scientific treatises how to solve all claimed problems but without any progress or attempts to fix it. All bad :(

Developers adding only eyecandy stuff with dubious effects like OSM roads and buildings over the default scenery textures, result is ugly and strange, when You fly VFR low and slow. When I demonstrated photoscenery in FSX few years ago, I was total idiot, all "FG masters" wrote how silly is my idea. And now ? FG supports photoscenery with OSM what is very nice solution, almost all screenshots of the moon use photoscenery. So, my idea was not silly, But no one apologized to me. That is not very correct behaviour.

And plane development ? Simply - poor. A320family is best modern liner in the FGFS world, but still lacks some important systems needed for comfort flight. 737 is bad joke and not plane without any development - poor graphics, poor systems (no MCDU etc). One good known developer create model after model, but all his models have very dubious FDM, very similar to Alladin's magic carpet and not aircraft. With my son I made simple test - simulated dogfight FGFS P40 Warhawk vs freeware A2A P40 Warhawk for P3D. FGFS of course won, because its P40 can't stall or fall to the spin and can fly 60 knots in 90 ged roll with full pull up like space fighters in the X-Wing game from 1993. Is it simulation ? No way. It was very short fight, I couldn't shake him off my back. The fight looked like the son's plane was ignoring the laws of physics. All my attempts for sharpest possible turns on full flaps ended in the stall or spin. But FGFS P40 made his turns on the dime. Then we changed sides, but result was same, Adam can't shake me from his six. The planes from old good IL2 Sturmovik fly much much better. Yes, I know. FGFS YASIM :( All freeware Aeroplanes Heaven's aircraft for P3D have poor FDM, but still far better than same planes in FGFS.

I moved to P3D more than 3 years ago and after my last FGFS test I can see, that my decision was correct. I absolutely do not regret the 600 EUR invested in P3D and addons
ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Hooray only wrote his scientific treatises how to solve all claimed problems but without any progress or attempts to fix it.

Your complains here sounds about right to me

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:09 pm

The fight looked like the son's plane was ignoring the laws of physics.

Indeed, many FG planes do ignore the laws of physics and their aerodynamics are built with black magic

You are also spot on there

It is no secret I had been shunned of the "FG community" for being non-compliant with the common agreements

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:11 pm

I can unfortunately say:

Hear! Hear! Victor 12

R.M.S.

Return to “External Flight Simulators”