The FACCT

IAHM-COL

Re: The FACCT

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi All!

I just wanted to leave a reminder that the "registration" to be a contender of the FACCT, first edition (2017) closes in two weeks (March 21st).

If you want to jump on the pool and be a challenger, let us know :D

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: The FACCT

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:27 am

Hi All

The registration for the FlightGear Airport's Cafe Chess Tournament first edition, FACCT I (2017), is now closed!

The tournament format has been decided based on the number of participants, and it is as follows

The FACCT I (2017) has two versions, one Blitz tournament with 3 competitors (Omega, JWocky and IAHM-COL). These will face each other in a three double round-robbin tournament. This means every player plays every other competitor a total of six times: once every tournament session. Players had been randomized to W/B, and for the time of the game, but taking into consideration that every player will play other competitor three times as W and three times as B. As a consequence every player plays 2 games on each tournament session.

The schedule has been set as follows:

The Standard tournament has 4 competitors (SHM, Keith, JWocky and IAHM-COL). These will face in other in one double round-robbin tournament. This is, every player faces each other competition twice: once as W and once as B (the respective order set with random seeds). Every competitor plays exactly one match every tournament session.

The schedule has been set as follows:

Scoreing

The score for the FACCT follows standard chess rules. 1 point for win, 1/2 point for draw, 0 points for loose on each game. Winner of the tournament is he who accrues higher cumulative score at the end of the tournament. In the case of draw the contenders for winning will play a last session on the second Sunday of December. Winner is he who scores at least 2 points first, or have 1 point higher than the contender thereafter, if both reach 2 points simmultaneously.

Schedules and Scores:

The FACCT I / 2017
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “The FACCT”