ATCJomo

Problems to fly your plane?
KL-666

Re: ATCJomo

Postby KL-666 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Lydiot wrote:I actually think this description of events is far too biased

That is correct. You completely seem to miss the point that it is a description of what it would do to me when confronted with such a person who does almost nothing i instruct. (States that he deliberately does not want to fly to Charlie, does not go there when the heading is given either, and when he finally feels like going there, he comes there far from the agreed altitude, etc...). Jomo has let that go on for far too long, and every party has to come to an end.

And FYI i interpret switching from "Please repeat the heading" to "Please give further approach instructions" as trying to hide the fact the he forgot the heading he had confirmed a minute ago.

Now your reaction is riddled with your biassed interpretations of who thought what at what time. Also you shift facts here and there a bit to your convenience. Your take on the strange behaviour of DLH554 is no better than mine. So it is really odd for you to accuse me of lying, with all your bold "not true" statements. It can not be untrue that something is my take on the facts.

Ow, and i use the word self-righteous for someone who hardly does anything that is instructed. If that is wrong, then it is my bad English. It is certainly not meant as name-calling.

I actually wanted to leave this item at a rest. But you had come with such an outrageous attack, that i had to say a little thing again. I hope this is the last of it.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:09 pm

@KL-666
He was not INTENTIONALLY testing, we both thought it was working. We found out, that it sometimes it no working. So this is not his fault.

It is possible to forget headings, when you are busy with a go around... especially in a complex aircraft like the Airbus. You guys are blowing this out of proportions.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:10 pm

oscar wrote:I must say DLH554 behived not correctly as the professionalism he tried to bring

I don't know about that...

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:44 pm

One thing, I see from this story is, we need our old test base Homey with all the surroundings back. KXTA was back in the days, when I had time to tinker on planes my test field and any ATC who showed his face there knew, he would have to deal with flying construction site, UFOs, scram jets, lost engines and ... no kidding ... also occasionally flying boats in the desert.
There, we could test and break whatever our little hearts wanted to test and break and the ATCs, if there were some, did their best to preach the remaining rests on the ground.
SOOOO PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE, we need a plan and then a good terrain and airport designer who helps us out here. Then, we are with unfinished planes as far away from Jomo as we can be which will definitively make a lot of people happier!
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

Hi It0uchpods,

The "blowing this out of proportions" part here is that someone falsely tried to shove "another case" entirely on the account of Jomo. The rest is just showing that there is much more to it. Like a highly unprofessional pilot who to my taste did so much wrong that i have to think he tried to provoke just within the lines. But he was out of line in many ways.

A defect is surely not his fault. But it becomes his fault when he does not react appropriately when he realizes it. You agree that he must have realized it at some point? He failed to communicate anything about it. And he should have requested another instruction set if he is not able to perform IFR.

Sure it is possible to forget a heading. But it is wrong to ask the wrong question. ("further approach information" instead of "repeat the heading").

The most provocative act i find the go around. As Oscar correctly pointed out: No professional pilot would do that without asking first "Do i have landing clearance?". There are way to many economic incentives for pilots to land ASAP (and personal incentives: They want to get home too). They will not let it happen that they miss a landing for virtually no reason at all.

So what am i to think of this act? The guy claims in his later insults to Jomo that he is highly professional. If that is so, that leaves just the option that he made the mistake on purpose, just to prove his little point that his clearance was forgotten. But not asking for the clearance is unfortunately a highly unprofessional act.

Anyway the point of all this is not to make DLH554 look bad, but to avoid that this "another case" is falsely shoved on the account of Jomo (though i understand that it may look like it, but it is unfortunately necessary in showing that there is much more to it).

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Care to explain why its jomo always!
This isn't the first time.

You've only flown to jomo, so you're not knowing about the other ATCs. Try another network and see if you meet an ATC like this.

Jomo was clearing ignoring him, which is a definite no no.

Lydiot has clearly explained it here. No point in this conversation anymore.

When DLH554 asks for approach information he clearly means the recent heading he was given. He was unsure about it and asked about it. It would have taken Jomo very little time to just tell him "DLH554, hdg 090". Or "DLH554, please stand by". That's it. Done. And it was not a case of Jomo "missing his call", because later Jomo says that the reason he didn't respond was that he was very busy. Jomo clearly ignored the questions.

You conveniently forget that DLH554 actually does a "radio check" with Jomo. It's reasonable because there was another pilot earlier that couldn't be heard, so it makes sense then to check the connection when the ATC doesn't respond at all to requests. When he's "complaining" that's AFTER Jomo just says "Yeah 554 what is it?". Is that professional ATC language? "Yeah 554 what is it?".

First of all, Jomo asked DLH554 "what is it?", so DLH explained 'what it was'. He asked a question several times and didn't get a reply.

Secondly, you're again cutting Jomo some really big slack. You only call it "loud", "for the sensitive ones among us", but you called DLH "self-righteous" and consciously "neglecting" commands etc. You're not being very neutral when looking at this. Jomo's response here is angry. You can pretend it's just "loud", but it does absolutely nothing to calm the situation down or even more importantly move traffic along as best possible.

Thirdly, Jomo says he told DLH554 he had to go further out, but he never said that. So if Jomo is pissed off and "loud" and says that, then it's entirely reasonable for DLH to simply repeat that he asked nicely for the ATC to repeat instructions. In other words, Jomo got pissed off and lied about what he said, and when DLH pointed that out Jomo starts yelling about not allowing any discussions.

In other words, it's ok to "discuss" as long as nobody is disagreeing with Jomo.

It's not a "cheeky remark", it's probably 100% accurate. A real ATC that behaved like Jomo wouldn't last a week.

Also if you think he is an unprofessional pilot check some previous videos where jomo himself actually comments that his flying is excellent.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:07 pm

SHM wrote:Care to explain why its jomo always!
This isn't the first time.

This proves nothing. I think you care more about tendentious witch hunts than the truth.

SHM wrote:You've only flown to jomo, so you're not knowing about the other ATCs. Try another network and see if you meet an ATC like this.

That statement is completely for your own account.

SHM wrote:Jomo was clearing ignoring him, which is a definite no no.

Lovely how you pick out about the only point where Jomo could have done better and tell: Please wait DLH554. Forgetting about all the "mistakes" DLH554 did before that, which Jomo kindly let go through.

SHM wrote:Lydiot has clearly explained it here

As you must understand by now Lydiot said nothing his opinion as far as i am concerned.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Did you read Lydiot's post I linked?

Just because its his opinion doesn't mean it isn't right!
Last edited by SHM on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:15 pm

@Israel

You once told me
thanks for the invitation, but I 've lost enough friends to VATSIM to not like the dark force.

See this is why. DLH554 has also moved onto VATSIM.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:36 pm

KL-666 wrote:This proves nothing. I think you care more about tendentious witch hunts than the truth.

Just some comments from others, removed the usernames. Discord users.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Flying”