ATCJomo

Problems to fly your plane?
Lydiot

Re: ATCJomo

Postby Lydiot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:21 pm

KL-666 wrote:(States that he deliberately does not want to fly to Charlie

He didn't state that at all. He said he wanted to wait for his plane to lock onto the VOR. When it did he flew to Charlie.

And again - you seem to ignore that Jomo later said he didn't care whether the following pilot flew CHA direct or followed DLH554. So what difference did it really make?

KL-666 wrote:when he finally feels like going there, he comes there far from the agreed altitude, etc...).

This is one issue I agree with. It is an issue when he can't cross the VOR at the designated altitude. But it's hardly the end of the world and it's a computer game between normal human beings, not real life. There are a ton of options to deal with this issue. One is exactly what happened. He had the planes go a bit wider to intercept ILS.

KL-666 wrote:Jomo has let that go on for far too long, and every party has to come to an end.

Nonsense.

KL-666 wrote:Ow, and i use the word self-righteous for someone who hardly does anything that is instructed. If that is wrong, then it is my bad English. It is certainly not meant as name-calling.

Yes, wrong word.

KL-666 wrote:I actually wanted to leave this item at a rest. But you had come with such an outrageous attack, that i had to say a little thing again. I hope this is the last of it.

Kind regards, Vincent

Of course you wanted to leave this at rest, because you wanted to give your version and not have it disputed. If you get it wrong however this is what happens.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

KL-666 wrote:The most provocative act i find the go around. As Oscar correctly pointed out: No professional pilot would do that without asking first "Do i have landing clearance?".

Would a professional ATC suggest that the pilot shuts down the plane's engines to lose altitude and lower speed more quickly?

Again you're only complaining about DLH and ignoring the mistakes Jomo made.

KL-666 wrote:Anyway the point of all this is not to make DLH554 look bad, but to avoid that this "another case" is falsely shoved on the account of Jomo (though i understand that it may look like it, but it is unfortunately necessary in showing that there is much more to it).

Kind regards, Vincent

Actually, I don't think there is much more to it. To me it's extremely simple:

- If it's ok for one person to "discuss" things then it's ok for all. You lead by example.
- If it's ok for one person to make unprofessional statements it's ok for all. You lead by example.

- I think Jomo performs his ATC duties as good as he can.
- I think this pilot tried his best as well.
- But Jomo was the one who escalated this situation first by talking about 'anger' and then by yelling and finally by ignoring the pilot. And it was Jomo who decided to shut this pilot out for having a "discussion" after Jomo himself opened the door for exactly that.

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:30 pm

SHM wrote:Care to explain why its jomo always!
This isn't the first time.

I don't think Jomo will ever change, and i would normally not care. But in this case if nobody points out that Jomo was actually wrong young or new pilots might get the wrong idea and get turned off from multiplayer and FG.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks for your interpretation of the facts again, Lydiot.

@SHM
I am very fine with it if you want to discuss something in a respectful manner. But wrongly trying to add another case to the account of Jomo only, where there have been many mistakes on behalf of the pilot too, does not seem very respectful to me. What if you quit adding things up that can't be added up, and have your say about something you experience as an issue.

Part of a respectful discussion is also to listen and try to understand arguments given. You do not have to agree or like them, but at least understand them. Jomo has said elsewhere he speaks loud when he needs radio time to communicate with others. Surely not the most elegant way, but that is how and why he does it, he says.

Another part of a respectful discussion is to try to find solutions/compromises so things can work out for everyone. From you i understand that you and others experience his loudness as very unwelcoming. There is clearly a conflict. How do you suggest things could get better, without only pointing a 100% at the other?

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Starting to feel the rocks crumbling under your feet huh?

Vincent,
Buddy look at the majority here, and I think you get our point here. Jomo should learn to control his anger, as I said in earlier threads it will only fetch more pilots. Also it will make sure the fg-pilots stay here instead of going to VATSIM (my case too).
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:41 pm

KL-666 wrote:Thanks for your interpretation of the facts again, Lydiot.

@SHM
I am very fine with it if you want to discuss something in a respectful manner. But wrongly trying to add another case to the account of Jomo only, where there have been many mistakes on behalf of the pilot too, does not seem very respectful to me. What if you quit adding things up that can't be added up, and have your say about something you experience as an issue.

Look, someone posted a link to this incident, and nobody had at the time gone through anything in detail here. You were the first one to do so. And when you did, you did not point out the things that both did incorrectly objectively speaking, you focused on the pilot. So if you have a problem with pointing the finger in one direction then that's really your own fault because you started it.

Why you keep talking about "respectful" I don't know. It's as if you're trying to preemptively gain some sort of moral high ground. All I'm doing is I'm looking at the available data and your description of it and I'm correcting what I think is wrong, and I'm also giving my opinion about what happened.

KL-666 wrote: From you i understand that you and others experience his loudness as very unwelcoming. There is clearly a conflict. How do you suggest things could get better, without only pointing a 100% at the other?

Jomo can either shout at people or he can choose not to. If people get upset about his shouting then the solutions are:

1. For people to not get upset. This won't happen because people, you know, have feelings.
2. For him to stop shouting and being unnecessarily aggressive.

Again - I'm just looking for people to understand that part of this problem is that this playing field isn't equal. If it's ok for one to scream it should be ok for everybody. If it's ok for one person to start a discussion it's ok for everybody. This isn't a controlled environment and it isn't real life. Jomo can either adapt and adopt a nicer attitude and more people will be more happy, or he can keep doing what he's been doing for years, with years full of people getting upset with his attitude.

So you want my solution? Jomo should be nicer. He's not perfect, and neither are the pilots that fly there. So he should cut them some slack when things aren't going entirely smoothly, and the other way around.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:49 pm

KL-666 wrote:Jomo should learn to control his anger

Excellent, i see that we all (Lydiot too) agree that it would be much nicer if he was not so loud. Also good for the other benefits you mentioned.

Now the difficult part. Jomo does not see any point in changing his ways (momentarily). How are we going to convince him to change?

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Lydiot wrote:So you want my solution? Jomo should be nicer. He's not perfect, and neither are the pilots that fly there. So he should cut them some slack when things aren't going entirely smoothly, and the other way around.

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm

KL-666 wrote:Now the difficult part. Jomo does not see any point in changing his ways (momentarily). How are we going to convince him to change?

Kind regards, Vincent

Pick one or multiple:
A. Boycott his atc until he changes.
B. Make him force fully watch some vatsim controlling and show no one shouts there like him.
C. Show those discord messages.
D. Troll his sessions until he changes (not the most elegant way :lol: )
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm

I suppose A and B can resort some effect. C and D he knows already and may only have an adverse effect.

Myself i thought of the option to explain all the arguments and ask him nicely to change his ways in some private message signed by many. I know many people do not feel like being nice after all the shouting. But i think that it resorts more effect than being on an offensive tone. To me the result counts, not how i get there. Private message also to avoid the suggestion of being offensive by exposing him publicly. It may just make him defensive, so the effect is lost.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Flying”