Mumble in trouble? [SOLVED]

Need help getting your computer to behave? Need help installing or running FG? Need help compiling? This is your first place to start!
jwocky
Site Admin

Mumble in trouble? [SOLVED]

Postby jwocky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi,

I tried to get on Mumble and get "network not reachable". Everything else with my internet works fine, it's only Mumble. Anyone else with problems?

J.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

J Maverick 16

Re: Mumble in trouble?

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:11 pm

The server has been offline for some time and as you saw there's a new server now.

mumble.zenserv.fr
port: 60303

Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

SHM

Re: Mumble in trouble?

Postby SHM » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Come to discord.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KB7

Re: Mumble in trouble? [SOLVED]

Postby KB7 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 am

So aside from THE Discord thing, ;) , do people hang out on the new mumble server?'

Oh, and Hi! :)
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

jomo

Postby jomo » Wed May 16, 2018 6:21 am

Would it be possible to define more clearly what MUMBLE you guys are talking about?

Mumble is a software-application provided on many many servers worldwide. Thus obviously it is not helpful if you cannot define what server you talk about - because nobody knows on what unique server you have problems! The only thing you can achieve that way is that people believe MUMBLE generally would have a problem - and that definitely is not true!

We at EDDF-Triangle are using 4 times a week with many users the "itpns.ddns.net" server - and never had problems since we use it !!!

KB7

Postby KB7 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 am

Well since the instructions two posts above mine talk about using zenserv.fr, and nothing else in this thread lists another server, that's the one I was referring to. (As with Jwocky, I found myself trying to get on the old one to find it was no longer available, so I came straight here.) But I'll take any primary one in which my friends that I haven't spoken with in the better part of a year are using currently that I can chat with them on.
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm

@kb7
Currently we also use itpds
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KB7

Postby KB7 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:26 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:@kb7
Currently we also use itpds

I've googled and can't quite figure out what that is. Any chance you can enlighten me?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm sorry for my lack of clarity, I was phone-typing :oops:

itpns

Code: Select all

Software: Mumble
Server: itpns.ddns.net
Port: 64738

The alternative is:

zenserv

Code: Select all

Software: Mumble
Server: mumble.zenserv.fr
Port: 60303

I said, if we are up, most frequently we are in the first one, Itpns.

Best,
IH
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KB7

Postby KB7 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Neato, thanks!

Return to “Technical Support”