Modelling

IAHM-COL

Re: Modelling

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat May 14, 2016 6:52 pm

jwocky wrote:
2.) For some JSB and Yasim are holy cows, for me it's just a question of the personal taste. Some like strawberries, other cherries. You can make a decent pie with both if you put the work in it, if not you will fail with both, so nothing new there.

My same exact point :) ... and I bet Vincent's.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi jwocky,

I'm no slouch with jsbsim myself.... if I do say so.

I do however look at it from a different angle than the normal approach. With the intent of making flight models that are more intuitive to a person.

Although our approaches will be drastically different, I think in showing them side by side we might open up an avenue of discussion and further development..... even so far as to push jsbsim into updates.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat May 14, 2016 11:15 pm

@Bomber ...

the noise you just heard was the sound of running in an open door :D
The thing is, I have three different things in my JSB work. Planes with the goal to be somewhat realistic, planes that are just intuitive often with some extra fun and then, sometimes, just experimental. Where I want to go long term is, to combine the first two, maybe that the user switches a "difficulty setting" or a "reality setting" in the menu to tell the plane how it shall fly. But that wouldn't just afflict the JSB part but the whole plane, so it is something bigger.
But on the baseline, I agree, we need sometimes, the "more fun" approach.
Another thing, that play in the same subject, even it's not especially JSB is the user-adaption. We have for example users who don't have or can't use their pedals for medical reasons (and the current auto-coord sucks because you always oversteer with it in the last moments of an approach), we have one who needs to switch off certain parts of the sounds because they cause migraine attacks, we have people with bad eyes (me is poster child of that) who would need a way to get some things just bigger. All the systems inflicted by those things pull data from JSB or send it back there. So, there is still a lot of work to do, I think. Right now, only a few of all planes have actually ground effect.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 pm

This may work out ☺
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun May 15, 2016 1:12 am

Yeah, now I need only the time to actually do it ... chaaaaaoooooooooooos

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun May 15, 2016 9:39 am

There's no real rush....what will be done will be done..

I'm interested in seeing the beagle pup problem... by the sounds of it its an engine / prop issue.

Which doesn't surprise me, as I've yet to see a decent prop within FG.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm

@Bomber:

I think, there are two problems. One is the sweep to the side problem without engines on. That sounds like either an accidentally mispalced weight point or a damper problem. Maybe, but with less probability a consequence of an extreme CoG problem.

The engine problem is engine rpm versus propeller rpm -> gear. I have to see the specs, but Aeromatic is a little bit on the weak sides with engine estimations.

Return to “JSBsim”