Modelling

bomber

Modelling

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 11:02 am

So are there any jsbsim flight modellers in here ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

SHM

Re: Modelling

Postby SHM » Sat May 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Jwocky is the best JSBSIM engineer I know of. ;)
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Oh it could be quite lively here then.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Sat May 14, 2016 1:21 pm

I have an aircraft model that uses JSBSim but I need lots of help rather than being able to contribute much.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Beagle pup ?

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Sat May 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Indeed. Three variants with different engines and propellers, but the same airframe on each. Slightly different payloads but that's easily dealt with.

The nagging problem I have at the moment is that it sometimes behaves like it's been hit from the side by a car at startup.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Do you mean engine start up or spawning ?

Can I suggest you start a new topic in this forum

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat May 14, 2016 4:23 pm

bomber wrote:So are there any jsbsim flight modellers in here ?

Jwocky is a JSBsim die hard.
(you may know but JSBsim/YASIM is a emacs/vim kind of religious adherence. Think svn/git? :P)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 14, 2016 5:06 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
bomber wrote:So are there any jsbsim flight modellers in here ?

Jwocky is a JSBsim die hard.
(you may know but JSBsim/YASIM is a emacs/vim kind of religious adherence. Think svn/git? :P)

Why do you think I asked for the forums to set up in the way I did.☺

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat May 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Ooookaaaay,

1.) I have at the moment a lot of work in rl, so I am a bit sloppy at board reading. In case you have an urgent problem, please send me additionally an email to JWocky [at] TheJabberwocky [dot] net so I get a little nudge and know there is something.

2.) For some JSB and Yasim are holy cows, for me it's just a question of the personal taste. Some like strawberries, other cherries. You can make a decent pie with both if you put the work in it, if not you will fail with both, so nothing new there.

3.)It will take time, but I think to work a series of little articles, either as posts or HTML pages and link them here. You know, like how to start jet engines in JSB, how to write a flap-kinematic, little pieces for one problem each. That way we get over time some base together. Till then, just fire the questions here and if it is urgent, see 1.)

Sorry for the inconvenience

========IH-COL EDIT
obfuscating email address to prevent spam to get happy
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “JSBsim”