World Scenery V2.3

Support, HOWTOs, information, development, and everything related to obtain scenery via Github with terraGIT
123apple

Re: World Scenery V2.1

Postby 123apple » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:49 am

I am sorry for causing you trouble :oops:.
I was attempting to push my new MGGT layout. In any case, there is a large hole between the new part of the apron and the old part, so I will wait and try it once more with 2.3.

IAHM-COL

Re: World Scenery V2.3

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:22 am

World Scenery Version 2.3 is fully updated and re=structured

You can test and enjoy now Worldwide.
There are problems that I have not been able to fix and I am rather uncertain how pervasive there are. I am not confident since I have found them in several areas, and I have not even done exhaustive tests, so the probability that there are many errors on the 2.3 Scenery is rather high.

In those areas where errors are not present it looks great.

On the other hand, the whole terraGIT restructuring worked like a charm.

If you cloned terraGIT for the first time, you are good to just use. If you are starting from an old clone, consider just wiping and cloning again (to gain the advantage of hard drive use reduction), but if you wish to transition slowly or preserve part of the world in the previous terraGIT, then use

Code: Select all

git pull
git submodule sync

the "git submodule sync" command needs to be ran only once, now.And then you are set.

I'll evaluate fixes for the problems I detect, before making a larger regeneration. In addition, right now, the most crucial next step is to verify that as I expect, the world can be patched seamlessly now.

(that being the second main goal of this re-structuring, after the world-size reduction. The third goal being worldwide airport layouts updating)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:30 am

Thanks @Jabberwocky

:D

You made the TerraGIT restructuring and regeneration WorldWide possible, by facilitating Marvin for a whole full month Now!!

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:39 am

Thanks Jwocky for the resources :D

And nice job Israel :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

laserman

Postby laserman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Well Done!
This is really a major breakthrough in FG scenery.
Worldwide OSM coastlines, all airports up to date.
That's what many FG users have been waiting for the last 3 years.

I hope you can still remember the steps and setting how you did it and will document it one day.

Today I wiped my old terraGIT folder and downloaded North America (44GB) and had a look at NYC, Florida, Boston and South California. Everything looked very good.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks D-LASER

Yes. The scenery is completely updated now

Unfortunately there are some areas I detected errors, and I dont know how widespread these are. I notice a few, without looking too much, so I now that scenery regeneration 2.5 is due eventually

Xplane recently released airports 11.00 and that is something that can be added for next generation.

IH-COL

R.M.S.

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Just curious, what kind of errors are you seeing?
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Mostly some errors in the elevation calculations
I am looking into terrafit code.

If you are curious to see, I detected:

1) EGPH (elevation is dropped to zeroes)
2) Area East of KLAS and West of Grand Canyon (KGCN): Elevation calculation also failed and dropped to zero
3) I found the same problem in an area of central Greenland

Other places I evaluated look good. But statistics tell me that I found too many errors for my sample size.

The second problem is in Europe.
The OSM water sources seem to have decoded incomplete. I don't know exactly how-much incomplete, but last time I visited Geneve (LSGG) I realized Lake Leman was not produced. I am uncertain what other water classes failed, and this come to a shocking surprise when I see that Worldwide the detail of the water, lake ,and river classes is extremely acurate.

Those are things I am targeting a fix for Terrain V2.5

Keep in mind there are big achievements in Scenery V2.3

1. TerraGIT restructuring completed and succesful. Downloading and maintaing/updating terragit is easier and more lean (in terms of Hardrive requirements)
2. WorldWide OSM Coastlines
3. WorldWide improvement on Road mapping and Water sources
4. All airports updated to X=PLANE 10.50 version.
5. The world can patch now succesfully and without seams.

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:47 pm

I can help you with the shape files by merging all of the shapefipes from different sources into one single landclass shape file if that helps :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:50 pm

that could definitely help in Europe if we merge properly the OSM water classes and the Corine Water Classes [in a non-competing way].

R.M.S.

Return to “terraGIT”