Broken Airport runways or ones which need new layout

Support, HOWTOs, information, development, and everything related to obtain scenery via Github with terraGIT
T-URBO

Re: Broken Airport runways or ones which need new layout

Postby T-URBO » Tue May 03, 2016 5:04 am

I agree just looks alit odd.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 5:38 am

Drying out St. Martin

Code: Select all

install/tile w070n10

Hi All. I've just pushed the St. Martin fix to terraGit.
I am very surprised. Some in the Curtis' Forum swear the life of FlightGear project that custom landclasses never made it to terrasync, yet, as you can see from the terrasync shots at saint martin, custom LandClasses were used, and the sources to rebuild are nowhere to find.
I hope I am lying on this one, because, If I am correct, that IS indeed a GPL violation (unlike those false allegations claimed by a certain Finn)

Another thing that surprised me. Apparently the errors in St. Martin on terrasync are tied to a serious lack of proper terrain (!?). Do you see the mountains missing on the terrasync version? Off course, if there is a lack of terrain, an aiport is going to be at the mercy of the seas!!!

In any case [end rant], terraGIT has the basic landclasses, but at least the proper terrain, and now St Martin can be enjoyed again! :D

Safe landings in two of the Cutest and hardest airports of the Caribbean: St. Maarten Princess Juliana (TNCM) and St Maarten Grand Case (TFFG)

TerraGIT

TNCM
TFFG

terrasync

TNCM
TFFG
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 pm

If you're up to fix broken islands, Isla Robinson Crusoe is hilariously bad - the airport should be on the island, but instead is half a mile way from the island and several hundred feet up in the air. Most of the island is actually in entirely the wrong spot. Airport is SCIR (doesn't show up on mpmap, but it is in flightgear).
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 4:51 pm

ICAO?SCIR. Gotcha/'

I Can reconstruct terrain and see what comes. But if there's is a sources issue, then that needs to be corrected. Either the landclasses, or the Apt.dat can be usual suspects.

IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue May 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I finished KBAB, how do I get it onto terragit?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Good. I'll write the howto! :D

IH-COL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 5:44 pm

OPFOR77 wrote:If you're up to fix broken islands, Isla Robinson Crusoe is hilariously bad - the airport should be on the island, but instead is half a mile way from the island and several hundred feet up in the air. Most of the island is actually in entirely the wrong spot. Airport is SCIR (doesn't show up on mpmap, but it is in flightgear).

@Pinto

I verified. SCIR needs someone to fix the landclasses with QGis before this can look any better.
The layout is updated in the gateway, and looks good, but the current v0 landclasses there are a mess, and that's how the airport is off the island.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:31 pm

@Pinto. I revised the runway threshold coordinates on SCIR. The airport location is perfect, so the reason it lies out of the island suggest an error in the elevation profile and the landclasses.

Out of my league.

If we can enroll D-ECHO, this is kind of the surgery he had succesfully perform before in the Azores.

R.M.S.

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Perusing google earth, the island is all mountain and cliff. So I believe you are correct.

Maybe some day I'll buckle down and figure out how to do all this junk.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue May 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Did anybody look at KNYG, that is Quantico?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “terraGIT”