SKCC ILS issue

Support, HOWTOs, information, development, and everything related to obtain scenery via Github with terraGIT
123apple

SKCC ILS issue

Postby 123apple » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:03 am

Hi,
Cucuta (SKCC) has a major issue. I asked @skyboat to test it and he has confirmed that it is a bug.
According to him,
I finally got time to fly to SKCC. Wow! I had to modify my approach because of all the mountains. Made for some fun and interesting flying. What I found on my machine (and I'm running Terragit scenery is that the approach was at least 1000 feet too high above the threshold. As I passed over the runway, I spotted the problem. The ILS equipment was actually hanging 1000 feet in the air. So the plane landed (and I was flying the MD-10 with @it0uchpods great new Autoland AP) at the altitude of the hovering ILS beacons. Just like it was supposed to. In this screenshot you can see the red & white checkered box on the left edge and the white VOR/ILS antenna is just visible above the tip of the left wing. As you can see the HUD shows the plane is 1100 feet above the surface. It means the ILS system is not sited/positioned correctly in either Terragit or Terrasync. So this is a bug you need to report to Israel (IH-COL) in the Free Flight Forum so he can take a look at it.

From the flightdeck the GPWS in the PDF was showing 2000 feet when the voice alert announced 1000. I ran it through again on the Instant Replay to confirm what the altitudes were. So I was watching that instrument in comparison to what else was going on. As I crossed the threshold in this picture, the annunciator said "100." I then turned off the AP altogether and flew the plane by hand in a circuit and landed manually with no problem.

I also have to report that the tower is also approximately 1000 feet above the airport.

@IH-COL

Return to “terraGIT”