So.... where's your testing data

bomber

So.... where's your testing data

Postby bomber » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:57 pm

So what planes have you tested and their results

How do you test ?

Is there a check sheet ?
Is it just FDM's or maybe even 3d and texturing ?

Just need some background here
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Re: So.... where's your testing data

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:07 pm

we havent got that far

Usually when we need a quick plane test I email one of the enrolled orcas to risk their lifes in a buggy aircraft, and return with a comment like

"ILS still not working"
"Aircraft taxies better"

Stuff like that.

Sometimes We just tell them to let us know if the aircraft loads or not.

Some very active orcas, Like Falcon, just posts in the github threads of the any aircraft they test, what bug or stuff they found

Certainly we could have a more organized group.... but so far, (bummer) we dont.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:10 pm

That's understandable I wasn't attempting to be smart or anything, just trying to ascertain where abouts as a testing organisation the orca's were at.

I think if you've got a testing document you instantly start to become a bit more professional (I know its a hobby).... when I mean professional I mean you're instantly taken more seriously.

I think an open office or google sheets isn't the hardest thing for us to start creating... it doesn't have to be perfect just an Aunt Sally to start with but I think once the balls rolling columns and rows would soon become filled with ideas..

I'd start with a column for each tester...a row for his name and test date and time logged.. then general observations on the exterior model, ie 'the wheels are 6 inches below the ground'.... so that's a 3d and 2d observation test even before we take off... there's the 'help' test.... is there one ? does it covers start-up and landing procedures.

Gets a good document to complete and testing becomes sexy..
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:53 pm

This is how far we've got in that direction

Orca's Reporting Form
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Screaming Orcas: Test Pilots Group”