Creation or Evoloution? Big Bang or Big Belief -- which is it? (II)

Lydiot

Re: Creation or Evoloution? Big Bang or Big Belief -- which is it? (II)

Postby Lydiot » Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm

OPFOR77 wrote:
Lydiot wrote:Now there's a consistent source that makes sense....

Yeah, if your just gonna be insulting, then go away. Or, better yet, I will. If you need to insult people to prove your point, then your just a troll and not worth debating.

Good job "winning" this.

You're saying that I'm insulting you by questioning the consistency and logic of the bible?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:50 pm

By doing it in an insulting and antagonizing manner, yes.

Last post in this thread. in response to you.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu May 19, 2016 6:57 pm

OPFOR77 wrote:By doing it in an insulting and antagonizing manner, yes.

Last post in this thread. in response to you.

Sure. You can't handle someone questioning your bible, so you run away claiming it was insulting and antagonizing. Easier that way.

Must be awful having your faith questioned. Glad I don't have that problem. Though I would have thought a true believer would have had more faith in his faith..... oh well....

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Ok I lied.

Like, seriously? That's your response? Just be more antagonizing and insulting? Like, as though, I haven't studied this for a literal decade? The only reason I'm not responding to you is because you're challenging my faith with old, worn out arguments that have been around and have had solid repudiations for centuries? Calling into question my commitment to my faith? When I've sacrificed so much of my life to this? I mean, seriously?

If you decide to not be antagonizing and insulting, I'll continue. But whatever you want, bro.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:04 pm

You guys all make this way to complex. Let me explain my simple view on things.

I do not believe in God, because he never talks with me. I simply have no awareness of his existence. And if he would exist, i am sure he is man enough to not need my feeble belief in him for his existence.

Yet i do not deny him either. If at my death i end up at the gates of heaven to defend myself, i will. And i am quite sure of myself being not the worst person having lived. Will i still be sent to hell, so be it.

But for now it is the most logical thing for me to believe that i simply stop to exist when i die.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 pm

OPFOR77 wrote:Ok I lied.

Like, seriously? That's your response? Just be more antagonizing and insulting?

Well if you're going to go away after I did NOT insult you then it makes no difference how I express myself.

OPFOR77 wrote:Like, as though, I haven't studied this for a literal decade? The only reason I'm not responding to you is because you're challenging my faith with old, worn out arguments that have been around and have had solid repudiations for centuries?

People were wrong about a tremendous amount of things for far longer than centuries. Just because you think you're right doesn't mean that you are. Just because you think an argument is old and worn out doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu May 19, 2016 7:10 pm

KL-666 wrote:You guys all make this way to complex. Let me explain my simple view on things.

I do not believe in God, because he never talks with me. I simply have no awareness of his existence. And if he would exist, i am sure he is man enough to not need my feeble belief in him for his existence.

Yet i do not deny him either. If at my death i end up at the gates of heaven to defend myself, i will. And i am quite sure of myself being not the worst person having lived. Will i still be sent to hell, so be it.

But for now it is the most logical thing for me to believe that i simply stop to exist when i die.

Kind regards, Vincent

A reasonable and pragmatic stance, in my opinion.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu May 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Lydiot wrote:A reasonable and pragmatic stance, in my opinion.

My exact same point. I was looking for some Plato's treatise on pragmatism, but I can't recall the name. In any case, Plato was not so pragmatic, I believe...
In any case, yes. KL666 takes the crown of Pragmatism-king.

I also like how he is an Ockham at heart. I found he doesn't look for "thruths", but he just relies his reasoning on any lower parsimony explanation. (or in the "It was an airbus pilot") :P

I think KL666 has a degree in either literature or Philosophy (or both)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Israel,

Good guess, studied philosophy.

But pragmatism is a typical dutch trait (and surely of many more countries). The reason is that if you discuss on practical issues, then there is possibility to move from your position towards each other. If you go on the high grounds of morality, you will stay in your trenches.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:48 pm

@KL-666
I agree. If I find myself standing at the gates of heaven, and there is proven there is a God, I will say "Oh well, I guess I was wrong."

Return to “42: The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything”