Creation or Evoloution? Big Bang or Big Belief -- which is it?

What is your belief?

Big Bang. In the beginning was nothing. Then, bang. Evoloution did the rest. God did nothing
38%
God caused the Big Bang, then Evoloution did the rest.
No votes
I'm a compromiser. Gap Theory / Day-Age Theory etc.
No votes
Science goes against Christianity. Evoloution.
No votes
I beleieve in Creation because my parents do.
No votes
I believe in Evoloution because my teachers taught me it and they must know a lot.
No votes
Science points to Intelligent Design -- a personal Creator.
38%
The Universe never began and never will end.
25%

Total votes: 8

Lydiot

Re: Creation or Evoloution? Big Bang or Big Belief -- which is it?

Postby Lydiot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:33 am

KL-666 wrote:If you like. There is at least no contradiction in that.

Kind regards, Vincent

You bring it up as being interesting. What makes quicksand interesting? Same thing that makes fantasies interesting?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:26 am

You better do the reading course i suggested earlier. This is just petty searching to get into a fight.

What is interesting is the equality of the two quicksands. Not one of them separate.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 pm

KL-666 wrote:You better do the reading course i suggested earlier. This is just petty searching to get into a fight.

What is interesting is the equality of the two quicksands. Not one of them separate.

Kind regards, Vincent

I'm not trying to get into a fight. But it's just frustrating to see someone have really strong opinions about a subject only to then profess ignorance on its details. The person then goes on to discuss the topic on a higher level (i.e. less detail), which is fine, but keeps referring to the details he is ignorant on to make high-level arguments. Then someone actually posts details for everyone to see, asking for a refutation for some of it, so that the high level arguments can be addressed. The reply is a reference to a source that states something that on that same higher-level actually is of the same value as what was initially dismissed.

It's circular reasoning.

Now, regarding me taking reading lessons, I really think you should consider the following three points:

1. Your English is much better than my Dutch (or whatever your native language is), but it isn't perfect. There have been numerous occasions here where you have been misunderstood because of the words you chose. So perhaps you could consider that it isn't me not reading what you write correctly, but you not writing what you want to express correctly.... ?

2. If I'm missing something and you wrote it out correctly - then explain it to me again then. Give me the benefit of the doubt and explain just why I'm not understanding what you're saying.

3. You could go back and address this post which you conveniently missed.... that is, if you want to go back and talk about "reading skills":

Lydiot wrote:
KL-666 wrote:I can only refer you tor your own post
https://thejabberwocky-net.brendtandbrendt.com/~brendta1/thejabberwocky/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=165&start=100&sid=45deedcd7074b9a07e9c781db66c6305&sid=45deedcd7074b9a07e9c781db66c6305#p2986,
before you accuse me of laying words in your mouth.

Kind regards, Vincent

And I wrote: "I'm inclined to listen to their actual arguments"

Or were you thinking of something else I said?

Because the above in no way shape or form amounts to "I do not take any belief, also not if it comes from science. And you do"

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Wow! I have a day where I need to get some things done and I completely get behind on the thread. This will take a little while to get caught up! :shock:
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:55 pm

I honestly can't vote in this 'cause none of the choices are well defined or worded. Not to get Legoboy worked up, but the list is not from a neutral observation or standpoint vis-a-vis, it's more of a Creationism vs. Science, with knowing Lego's bias in this regard.

Sorry.. :?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Hello Lydiot,

It is significant for your way of arguing that i find again two contradicting statements in one and the same post of yours:

"to see someone have really strong opinions about a subject", which you made up and is not reflecting my position in this.

and

"I do not take any belief, also not if it comes from science", which are my own words and reflect my position in this.

You started off with accusing me of believing in god, which is fully besides reality. Believe me, i am not happy about creationists hijacking alternative theories. But i will never accuse a critic of science as believing in god.

Somehow you like to put people that criticize some aspects of science into the box of creationists in your mind. Countering your prejudices is just taking too much of my spare time. There is a reason why i do not react to your repeated quote at the end of your message. Just go find out yourself why i said that. It is in your own post.

Just lean back for while and try to understand what is really been said, instead of reacting to your own prejudices. That would save me a lot of time.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:47 pm

[quote=Image]Hello Lydiot,

It is significant for your way of arguing that i find again two contradicting statements in one and the same post of yours:

"to see someone have really strong opinions about a subject", which you made up and is not reflecting my position in this.

and

"I do not take any belief, also not if it comes from science", which are my own words and reflect my position in this.

You started off with accusing me of believing in god, which is fully besides reality. Believe me, i am not happy about creationists hijacking alternative theories. But i will never accuse a critic of science as believing in god.

Somehow you like to put people that criticize some aspects of science into the box of creationists in your mind. Countering your prejudices is just taking too much of my spare time. There is a reason why i do not react to your repeated quote at the end of your message. Just go find out yourself why i said that. It is in your own post.

Just lean back for while and try to understand what is really been said, instead of reacting to your own prejudices. That would save me a lot of time.

Kind regards, Vincent

Second dumbest post in the thread.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:59 am

Well we'll just leave your arguing with cheap tefal pans for everyone to judge for themselves. Just do not expect me to react to every whim of yours.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:04 am

KL-666 wrote:Well we'll just leave your arguing with cheap tefal pans for everyone to judge for themselves. Just do not expect me to react to every whim of yours.

Kind regards, Vincent

Really? You won't react to my every whim any longer? What will I do? Take reading-comprehension lessons? I feel I'm missing out.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:14 am

And there he goes.....the knit-picking arguing-guy making his last, mad, snailed-paced gasp over the finish line marked BORING! Whining that KL-666 doesn't want to play any more. Sorry, Lydiot. Somehow you appear to have an unlimited capacity of not knowing when to hit your internal STOP button. Heh, heh. There will be many more arguments to jump in the middle of and wrestle to the point of abject intellectual numbness. So be happy! :ugeek:
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Return to “42: The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything”