Opinions are dangerous....

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
IAHM-COL

Re: Opinions are dangerous....

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:16 pm

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 15#p302500
Curtis wrote:Hey guys, this is a clear troll.

Hey Guys

This action in Curtis' Forum is deserving on a cool-off period ban under Forum Rules #1

https://forum.flightgear.org/rules.php

1. As a community of like-minded people who use FlightGear as a hobby, or professionally, we owe it to each other to be polite and courteous. Everyone deserves to have a positive experience on these Forums. Personal attacks are not tolerated.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:56 pm

[quote="D-ECHO";p=302498][quote="Bomber";p=302493]

I think though you guys need to have a look at the reputation you have amongst other flight simmers, because it ain't pretty.

[/quote]

Just out of interest, what do you mean?[/quote]

Ask for proof? No, ask for explanation :D

[quote="D-ECHO";p=302503]Bomber, would you mind explaining what "bad reputation" flightgear has?, really just out of curiosity[/quote]

Ask for proof? No, ask for explanation :D

[quote="D-ECHO";p=302506][quote="Bomber";p=302504]

But are you asking me to troll this topic, genuine like, after what curt has just said ?.[/quote]
Simply yes.
Come on, I'm not going to search other forums for half an hour without actually knowing what you mean.

[EDIT]Actually a quick search on the X-plane forums only showed positive things...[/quote]

I understood your question as whether you should use this thread to explain things off topic, and I requested this. As I had only found indicators for a good reputation of the flightgear community, I even more was interested what you mean.

Ask for proof? No

[quote="D-ECHO";p=302517]So this is what you meant Bomber? I somehow doubt that?[/quote]

Someone on the forum said that people often had a false bad impression because of only knowing an old version of flightgear, so I asked you whether that was what you meant.

Ask for proof? No

After that you wrote
„An opinion I have is that most of you guys can't comprehend plain English and as such jump to conclusions far too quickly... which you then count as 'facts'....“ which is already an explanation what bad reputation you mean but as I did never hear/see anybody saying that I asked

[quote="D-ECHO";p=302520]As far as I nozed the opinion on our conmunity are also quite good, could you explain WHO has a Bad opinion bout this?[/quote]

Ask for proof? No

--no further posts--

Oh and yes, I expected you had at least anything basing your statement

@KL-666 I re-read Thorsten‘s post (the one you linked to) many times, but couldn‘t find a single sentence saying clearly that he thinks Bomber would never produce anything. In his final statement he mentioned that he thinks Bomber would only make accusations etc. in this thread

This is my final post on this topic.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:08 pm

There is no mention of "in this thread" at all. You make that up D-ECHO.

Also note how he uses "accusations and insinuations which you won't ever back up" plural. How many of such "accusations" have been made by Bomber in that thread? One? Is that sufficient to begin shouting Troll to someone?

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:33 pm

What ?

Which bit of the sentence I said don't you understand... is it not clear enough...

In explanation..... what are actually looking for from me.

I'm quite happy to explain what each word means and to give some basic comprehension, I'm pretty much up for rewording it but it'll still mean the say thing..

Simon.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:56 pm

nah bomber....
D-ECHO clearly understood what you meant but he is again in the "bait and fish" mode.
We've seen him doing that language thingy before.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

So I've asked him a simple question for clarification, which considering that the atmosphere exists where if I don't answer a question Thorsten simply makes up my response (not that D-ECHO objects) and if I do answer a question or make a statement it's twisted or misinterpreted (not that D-ECHO objects) ... seems reasonable to ask my question in the hope of giving a precise and clear answer to him. (His English being so poor).

Hopefully he'll respond....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 pm

Good post Simon, trying to get this discussion on topic again:

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31352&p=302601&sid=9c230598a238629b4f62fa1b48046151#p302589

The point is that a forum should leave room for an idea to grow into a plan. Warning once is fine. But that forum tries to kill ideas by sending in Thorsten to destroy the thread with his Trolling.

Unfortunately the leaders on that forum distract from the topic by all sorts of irrelevant discussion. And the vassals in their ignorance just follow the distractions.

Really, i do not have much hope for that forum. How about you just invite everyone to discuss here on this forum next time?

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Well, if Thorsten would ever become a member here, we surely would need anti-troll rules.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 pm

I was not exactly thinking of such Trolls :-) But the ones who want to discuss an idea into a plan, without silly interference of those Trolls.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 pm

"Thorsten wrote -
That actually was one of them, suggested more than once by different people - guess what - neither Josh nor Ahmad ever wanted to discuss it further."

I know when to back out of a topic over there...

However Thorsten I'll answer it on this forum,
Oi bugman ! Do pass it on.

If you offer someone a suggestion.... it is just that a suggestion. They're not duty bound to accept it, they might look at it and think it's not the direction they want to go in...

I can tell you your response to such a decision is to throw your toys out of the pram, threaten to not help, with either knowledge or active coding and to intimate that even if they do proceed and succeed it'll never 'not on your watch' be committed.

You hold back Flightgear development.

Simon.

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”