MSR

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
D-ECHO

MSR

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Now there's this guys on the official forum, MSR.
https://forum.flightgear.org/search.php ... 0&sr=posts
He always requestst something in a (IMO) rather impolite way and says he can't learn the thing people tell him to learn while I suspect he isn't really trying. But the question is, how to deal with people like him? Treat him as a spammer and just neglect him? Or what else?

SHM

Re: MSR

Postby SHM » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:07 pm

There is definitely a language barrier, and he seems to be using a translator.

But yes, he could learn stuff. :roll:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:15 pm

he wont learn stuff that is not properly documented much anywhere.
Most of the stuff he wants to do requires WED or Terragear using and management.

I am not surprise that those things are way over his head.

one could help him getting some things done. Maybe getting him a few of this requests (easy ones) completed. and telling him the true: there's no one "paid" for to provide content, so most of the time, it is either: content already available, or content you can make for yourself (hopefully learning howto with the help of the community), or content you engage in groups (collaborative) to create [the FGMEMBERS way].

Shooting him down the way you do it in the Curtis' Forum will not get MSR anywhere. Not FG will go anywhere with that, either.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:15 pm

impolite ? how so ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:45 pm

I see here a beginner in programming, who wants to learn through programming fg. This is always a bad idea, because nasal on his CV will not get him very far. There is no reason to denigrate his apprenticeship. You either help him, or neglect the thread. I really miss the part where he is allegedly impolite. Can you point me to it D-echo?

Kind regards, Vincent

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:54 pm

In my point of view its just like a joke that conversation haha.

This how its getting:

MSR: you done?
-No.
MSR: now?
-Noo.
MSR: You now done?
-Nooo!
MSR: Is it getting done...?
-Come one, Just wait I'll Tell YOU!
MSR: ETA?
-What the hell of a fuck dont you get JUST WAIT!!!
MSR: Sorry. How much wait?
- OMFG! IDK !!!! JUST GO AWAY!

And the way it should go in a paradise:

MSR: Can you so HECA?
-No but I can tell you how!
MSR: How?
-(He tries not to laugh). OKAY...

After a long converstion, the helper needs to go:

Bybbye!
MSR: Is it now done?
-(closes the door)

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi Oscar,

I do not accept denigrating an apprentice period. And i do not accept making up a story as proof for anything. You are clearly an apprentice yourself, in that you do not know that you must always deliver footnotes (references).

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:23 am

Alright, so we have to do with yet another case of sheer bullying. D-echo can not point me to where the subject has been impolite, and Oscar just makes up stories without substantiating them with references.

That really looks great upon you guys. Be proud of your prejudice. All my advice is: Such horrible behaviour is not what we try to achieve here. You may be better off at the other forum for that. I wish you more success there.

Kind regards, Vincent

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:21 am

What I find impolite is asking in a hundred of Threads people to do something for you. And then after some people spend their time on trying to help him he just asks again for another Airport (see omdb topic). But as you seem to have nothing against this behavior i may direct him here?

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:03 am

So it's the annoyance of seeing a post by him asking for more planes..... in a flightsim, how dare he !

When as a family we'd drive to Cornwall for our holidays the kids from the back seat would constantly ask "Are we there yet".... over and over again.... it became annoying, it was never impolite. As a parent it's your choice whether to let this annoying behavior get to you and shout at them to shut up or to not.

It's your choice how you interact with other people.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”