Hooray and the wiki

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
KL-666

Hooray and the wiki

Postby KL-666 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Now here is a real problem. With all the trench warfare going on, how do i make a friendly observation about one in the other trench, without it being taken as an outright attack?

I think Hooray understands most issues better than any other in the other trench. If they want to learn about GPL, they should turn to Hooray. He understands things realistically as they are. And i have positive and friendly thoughts about him.

So i'll give it a try and take the freedom of making a small remark about his acting i find funny. When someone asks a question on the other forum, he consistently says: read the wiki. Which is kind of nonsensical, because i have heard reports that the wiki is outdated and plainly wrong. In the end people have to read source code to get real answers. In such case i would say it is more kind to explain the current big picture to people on the forum, instead of making them read source code.

Well, that is how i would do it, and why i find Hoorays persisting on the wiki a bit odd.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Re: Hooray and the wiki

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:25 am

well
he attempts at people having a proactive attitude towards the wiki, and to actually build most updated documentation.
[i guess]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Hooray and the wiki

Postby jwocky » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Of course, he has to bow to the suppression politcs, so when Bugman deletes and changes article to express the "official" propaganda and suppress information useful to users, Hooray has to bow. Now, I personally have a bit of a stiff back and too big balls to bow much, but Hooray is obviously more adaptable.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”