About trenches

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

Re: About trenches

Postby bomber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:42 pm

If I'm not wrong I think he can download it from FGMEMBERS....

Wouldn't that be something :)
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Alright, tell him that then :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Or did you deliberately choose not to answer that because you'd rather this doesn't happen so you can continue to rant how your stuff doesn't make it on FGAddon? :mrgreen:

As I've said, it's never done in the friendly manner...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:31 pm

Well, i sometimes think, let the other have his game, i'll just show my good side.

But he is talking unfriendly to you, so you choose, i have no say.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:48 pm

In response to a request for a link to the ask-13

frankly I'm not familiar with it myself..... I'll get Israel to post me a link and I'll quote it here....

p.s. I hope you don't mind my use of the over familiarity...

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:57 pm

it would be a little far-fetched to expect a maintainer to navigate all of fgmembers just to locate a single aircraft

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30362&p=294470&sid=29ab2643003deea151e870c900d10131#p294482

Best joke in weeks :-) Website -> type plane name -> oops, i'm there

I think i am loosing trust in the quality of the maintaines over there.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:06 pm

Hoorays up to something... and it won't be good

So, that's interesting after all, despite the controversial history behind the removal of the honda jet, and even Curt's comments regarding this incident, fgmembers must have consciously decided not to include it, despite the jet being GPL'ed :D

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:08 pm

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/ASK13
that 's the plane

Hit on ## commits button, to get the history
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/ASK13/commits/master

Read that info. Very enlightening stuff. But going down you'll find the commit entitled (cryptically)

Bomber :: Updated, with ground effect to both CL and CDi,
Bomber:: adjusted the roll dampening logic
Bomber :: Resolves the inverted rudder logic

Then clicking on the commit names will give you an exact git -diff of what's changed or implemented.

As KL666 says: are they technically savy, or they use computers to see pics on facebook solely?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:09 pm

bomber wrote:Hoorays up to something... and it won't be good

So, that's interesting after all, despite the controversial history behind the removal of the honda jet, and even Curt's comments regarding this incident, fgmembers must have consciously decided not to include it, despite the jet being GPL'ed :D

I distribute the HondaJet freely to anyone wanting it.
It is GPL,

Does he want a copy, tell him to send me his email.

The rest of the community will certainly thank Mr. Olson to clarify with Honda the situation there.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Hooray wrote
Sorry to say Bomber, but -this time- Thorsten got a point, first he's right about the exemption clause [*] (we previously covered this in great detail in this very thread), and 2nd, it would make sense to follow up on his offer or decline it once and for all, so that the ASK13 doesn't get abused whenever there's a misunderstanding between the two of you.

Bomber wrote
It was released 'to the public'..... not internally at all

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25747&start=60#p237249

So lets just not forget that this shuttle conversation is about Thorstens right to call people thieves.... and he's had the nerve to call me and others untrustworthy based our association with FGMEMBERS

Hooray wrote
I am not "fishing" at all - my questions are absolutely in line with your own postings, and my comments regarding the "spirit" of the GPL.
If you are even just a little familiar with the history of the mentioned contributions, and contributors - you should actually find my question very enlightening - especially in the context of how fgmembers and the fgaddon repositories relate to one another.

That being said, like I said roughly dozen times in this thread: I am not familiar with the history of the shuttle or any materials posted (publicly or in private) - thus, you really have to look up Thorsten's comments. The heuristics that I mentioned should cover your question though, once you are able to apply them to the case at hand.

But it's not like it really matters actually - I absolutely share the view that even preliminary modifications that are -by nature- intended to be "publicly released" under the GPL eventually (as in sooner or later), would inevitably be treated as per the GPL by anybody reviewing a DMCA and/or trial in court. Thus, even if someone (say Thorsten) were to spend $10 million US on a team of lawyers, the case would be on shaky ground - especially if the history/events unfolding subsequently underline that the corresponding work was indeed to become GPL'ed anyway.

Thus, I find this whole debate highly academic, because it's not like FlightGear as a project or any of its group of contributors is likely to be legally considered a closed organization/entity (and treated accordingly), which is what the "internal-use-only" is definitely hinting at, and trying to cover legally.

Anyway, this is not the first time that our contributors are ill-informed when it comes to the GPL and the rights, and duties, it brings with it - and the repercussions all that causes - which is why it really is a good idea to refer back to the legal texts and/or FAQs provided by the FSF, without looking just at the shuttle or Thorsten's example.

Can someone explain to me his answer ?

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”