Here we go again...

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
KL-666

Here we go again...

Postby KL-666 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:00 pm

It0uchpods wrote on the other forum:

Re: Jumbolino

Postby it0uchpods » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:52 pm

This is because FlightGear developers modified FGRUN so that JWocky's planes (specifically Voodoomaster) won't work. YOU can try to install the JPack, but I couldn't get this model to load. You will need to start from commandline to work it, or remove Voodoomaster from the aircraft.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26929&p=293519#p293509

To me this sounds quite normal. Earlier something worked, and in newer versions it stopped working. So it reasonable to think that something might have changed between versions. Just an objective conclusion / question.

Yet the folks at that other forum manage to accuse It0uchpods of conspiracy theories for this text. Just read on after his post. To me that is completely outlandish, and i wonder how The Great Leader can lower himself to such filth.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Here we go again...

Postby jwocky » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:09 am

Well, in this case, the massive use of JPack and the FGMEMEBERs fights came together at the same time. So I got fire for supporting FGMEMBERs and "suddenly" FGRUN didn't show my planes anymore with the new version.
Funny thing, when it became known, I was working to find a way around that problem, there was suddnely a change not following symbolic links anymore (allegedly for safety reasons). The last nightly build back then followed them, then I was talking about symbolic links (in another context, but we won't overestimate the mental capacities of smurfs here) and suddenly ... boom!
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:16 am

Alright, Jwocky, you have an opinion on this. But that does not justify falsly accusing an innocent of having the same opinion. As i said earlier: No man can be held responsible for the actions of another man.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:32 am

I witness that planes with JPack loaded in FGRUN just fine. Then one good day they stop loading at all.

Unlinking the voodoomaster includes gets the plane listed in FGRUN, but off course breaks all JPack dependencies.

Technically speaking, I had not been able to figure out how to solve this; and off course if FGRUN is reaching end of life, ultimately the ideal will be to fix it to whatever that ugly new launcher is.

In the same perspective, and you can say this is not the launcher :

Keep in mind

1. FGo still works out of the box, and the planes list there just fine
2. Using the command line, the planes launch just fine and work pretty good

In a way, a plane "not working with the launcher" is a computational misnomer. The launcher should not be an intermediate verification step that if a plane does not follow launcher rules it fails to list.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:23 am

Especially not if the launcher doesn't follow FG rules ...
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:50 am

Sorry @it0uchpods, but this time I, at least in some points, have to agree with pinto tikibar et.al. because you made a pretty harsh accusation that fg developers intentionally block JWOCKY planes to work without having any proof while everything is open and you are able to look it up all.
Maybe the xml interpreter got more strict so something in the JWOCKY xmls turned to be a failure, but I really doubt this was extra made to stop JWOCKY planes work. Proof the opposite, I'm ready to believe you.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:09 am

Unlike science, language is not unambiguous. "So that" can be read as "with the purpose of", or neutral as "with the result of". It is up to the receiver to decide whether he chooses to lay intention in the words, or read it as being meant neutral.

Occam tells me: look objectively at the text, do not add things in your mind that others like Jwocky have said. Then the neutral interpretation is the one with the least assumptions.

The fact that others interpret it as having intention (an assumption as i just said), gives me the feeling that they are of ill will.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:11 am

Anyway it looks like it was all my fault again.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:28 am

Sure, if one mix and matches enough texts, interpreting each single one of them in the desired direction, one can come up with a large narrative that looks logical, but is miles away from reality.

Edit:
O boy, i just saw at that other forum how much they have already worked themselves up in their self construed reality. This is totally unnecessary, if they had not laid a certain interpretation in It0uchpods words. The magnitude of what is happening there by now, is becoming hilarious.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:15 pm

I do not know Alant very well, but such "small" acknowledgements are the oil that makes everything run smooth again.

Re: Jumbolino

Postby Alant » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:59 pm

Josh

Thanks for that.

Alan

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26929&p=293554#p293553

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”