I join Michat's Voice of Protest!~!

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
KL-666

Re: I join Michat's Voice of Protest!~!

Postby KL-666 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Lydiot wrote:some will complain about "pilot-pollution" and want to protect their beloved airports - BUT - at the same time say to keep this at KSFO: I don't think that's fair, I think it's rather selfish. Some of us like the KSFO area, and getting some relief from nonsense there could be nice.

Fair point. Ksfo should get a break too. Yet i do not see the point in promoting locations where many well behaved pilots already reside, by dropping mostly uninterested newbies there. Europe and the Americas are well used in mp. So choose lesser used areas, like Africa, Asia or Australia. There must be some large airports to be found there. At least in the Arabia area there are some developed. And if not good enough, then it is a good motivation to develop airports there.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:44 am

@Vincent

Good point, agree 100%

Regards,

swamp

Postby swamp » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:07 am

it0uchpods wrote:I vote Like!

http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28927&p=278623#p278623

it0uchpods wrote:I vote keep KSFO.

KSFO area has 4 airports (KSFO, KNUQ, KOAK, KSJC) that are in close range of each other. That is where I first learned FlightGear. Having the airports close is great for testing planes, learning to fly, etc.

Also alot of noobies won't update thier FlightGear, or keep using KSFO, and they won't change, so what is the point?

They also create traffic for fighter jets to practice firing aim, since the KSUU only about 30-50nm away.

Keep KSFO as the default!!!

Oh really?

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:55 am

As there're thousands of airports over the world with the same characteristics described, i think these arguments are very poor to have KSFO as default forever. And again, why nobody proposed KSFO for the next stable version? just bla bla bla and smoke but nothing more. Just because is a opposite opionon to Thorsten, i don't think we have to have the same opinion. If you've just upgraded the FG version (without clean installation) you have the same airport like the previous installation, and please, its extremely easy to change the airport with the new FG launcher, i can see kids to configure and fly in FG with no problems...

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:37 pm

extremely easy to change the airport with the new FG launcher

In FGrun also it was easy.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:39 pm

I have to second Catalonic in all points.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Catalanoic wrote:Awhy nobody proposed KSFO for the next stable version?

and we will not. That would be inconsistent.

KSFO is not for voting. KSFO is forever. HASHTAG KSFO.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:57 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:KSFO is not for voting. KSFO is forever for never.

Let's stay realistic, Israel. If you don't want to propose KSFO for voting, it won't get voted and it won't be the default airport. And also, people can change airports VERY easy, so it shouldn't even be that important.

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:05 pm

I also don't want KSFO to remain as the default airport.

It also leads to scenery development at the other airports ;)
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:28 pm

SHM wrote:I also don't want KSFO to remain as the default airport.

It also leads to scenery development at the other airports ;)

Barcelona? That place was very much developed already by Ludomo and the Spaniard group -- like for the last 4 years
Rio? The custom scenery has been around for years too.

I have not seen the idea being choose a place that there's a team that is going to lift the place from the ground up (like Japan in the festival?)

The idea is choosing a place that's already pretty good to begin with. Just to get Torsten (no h) busy on non-core projects.

But in summary. No. I had not seen amazing scenery development coming from this idea.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”