more untruths

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

Re: more untruths

Postby bomber » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Do you you understand the irony Richard...

I'm calling for a more open sharing community where people can create files that can be copied, modified and distributed freely and you're opposing to consider the idea that a plane is not a whole but simply data that is brought together by a .set file.

Like a house.... the plumbers work is separate to the electricians which is separate to the brickies

If people offer work that can be shared, copied, modified and distributed within the Flightgear community, why are you and other opposed to it ?

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Re: more untruths

Postby bomber » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Hooray wrote :

it's worth keeping in mind that the visuals of an aircraft have nothing to do with the underlying flight dynamics - in fact, you can hook up arbitrary 3D models to an FDM, and you can also hook up arbitrary FDMs to any given 3D model.

For things to become plausible, there needs to be an explicit "link" between the two

So the definition of a whole is two separate parts either of which can be arbitrary...

And some zealots think the courts would come down on a plane being a whole.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”