Thorsten Postures on GPL

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
IAHM-COL

Re: Thorsten Postures on GPL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 pm

jwocky wrote:The point is however, that Thorsten reasoned the existence of FGADDON back then as something with a different policy than FGMEMBERS has in this aspect. Now, he admitted finally, by his actions and arguments, it doesn't. Which makes his whole reasoning for the very existence of FGADDON obsolete.

+1
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
bomber wrote:What Thorsten is saying now is the stand I've always had towards GPL or any licence for that matter....

Not mine. Thorsten understanding of GPL is in my opinion still muddy and incorrect.

I don't know what his UNDERSTANDING is.... to me his mind and logic is a mystery

What I'm refering to is the acceptance that once GPL licence has been attached to a piece of work and distributed then there's no means within GPL to add additonal caveats such as 'asking permission' or 'limitations of publication'..

This has always been the case... however... people have implied that within FG there's some sort of 'gentlemans agreement' and a hell of a lot of the sheep both there and here have agreed with it.... Well folks more fool YOU, as Thorsten and Curt et al are no men of honour.

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 pm

"Can you say to the big one, that I have nothing to do with his wrong analysis and arguments, I'm close to 85 years old I have passed the age of his kids.
The dialogue is broken for a long time at least with me and probably the next coming Josh"

Well my respects.... there's still some life in this 'old dog' it would seem.

Shame the sheep are so sheepish, but what will it take for them to wake up ?
When will they see the common denominator ?.... that it's not just Israel, jwocky, bomber, shm.... the list just gets longer that can see the truth.

bahhhhh bahhhhh bahhhhh
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”