Who is dividing the community really?

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
KL-666

Who is dividing the community really?

Postby KL-666 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:19 am

Postby Thorsten » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:52 am

He doesn't mention FGAddon.... I don't mention FGAddon... I'm talking about Flightgear as a whole

FGMembers isn't part of Flightgear though - it's a (hostile) fork by a few people who absolutely felt they needed to divide the community because they're not interested in things like reviewing contributions (e.g. for copyright violations). So there's that - FGAddon is the Flightgear aircraft repository - all else is external hangars not part of the Flightgear project.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32855&p=318251&sid=5a48d7730d40aa3048c9b30cb0e472c7#p318251

So Thorsten likes to kick people in the back with lies: "a few people who absolutely felt they needed to divide the community". Really Thorsten? I do not feel any need to divide the community. All i feel is that i do not care to be on the same forum with someone who is constantly insulting others, and where that bully is protected by the moderators. There is no chance to defend yourself against him, because then the moderators go after you.

Let's not forget that Thorsten recently pushed someone to the brink of suicide. And what did the moderators do? They only addressed the victim. No word to Thorsten, to tell him to back off. Less sensitive people simply do not care for such bullying, and they move to some place more decent.

The very fact that Thorstens post is still there, shows how he is protected by the moderators. I think their forum rules say something about not insulting people. Yet Thorsten can happily spread lies about a large group in the community. These people really do not come back any time soon when treated like that. Now who is the one dividing the community here?

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Re: Who is dividing the community really?

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:52 pm

Thorsten in a nutshell
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:35 am

KL-666 wrote:Let's not forget that Thorsten recently pushed someone to the brink of suicide. And what did the moderators do? They only addressed the victim. No word to Thorsten, to tell him to back off. Less sensitive people simply do not care for such bullying, and they move to some place more decent.

What is this about?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 pm

precisely the question. Isn't it D-ECHO?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 pm

D-ECHO wrote:What is this about?

Assuming that i wrote reasonably understandable English, this is a very imprecise question. What do you want to hear? The same in different wordings? The same with more words? Or maybe the same translated in German?

I'll try the first.

This is about Thorstens rampaging, how the moderators protect Thorsten, and how normal people (as opposite to Thorsten and the moderators) react to such behaviour.

I hope that helps you.

Kind regards, Vincent

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:03 am

KL-666 wrote:
D-ECHO wrote:What is this about?

Assuming that i wrote reasonably understandable English, this is a very imprecise question. What do you want to hear? The same in different wordings? The same with more words? Or maybe the same translated in German?

I'll try the first.

This is about Thorstens rampaging, how the moderators protect Thorsten, and how normal people (as opposite to Thorsten and the moderators) react to such behaviour.

I hope that helps you.

Kind regards, Vincent

I'm sorry for the imprecise wording, I meant about which "case" you were talking when saying
Let's not forget that Thorsten recently pushed someone to the brink of suicide.

because I did not notice anything in this direction, so I'm curious.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 am

D-ECHO wrote:because I did not notice anything in this direction, so I'm curious.

Ah, you want to dig up the details of the least significant part of the message. The fact that you missed it indicates that you do not understand the severity of the matter. Having to explain this to you in a lengthy discussion can only hurt the person in question deeper. I am not going to facilitate you with such cruelty.

This side note was mentioned to indicate that even in severe circumstances no moderator dares to tell Thorsten to back off. It is absolutely not essential to know any more gory details for understanding that essence of the message. Having to talk about this side note at all makes me deeply sorry it was ever mentioned. People who do understand this matter are wise and considerate enough not to discuss this any further, i suppose.

Apart from that, trying to discuss the least significant part of a message ad nauseam is no more than derailing a topic. Let me bring to your memory that i already explained to you what the most significant part of the message is.

KL-666 wrote:This is about Thorstens rampaging, how the moderators protect Thorsten, and how normal people (as opposite to Thorsten and the moderators) react to such behaviour.

If you want to discuss the essence of the message on this topic, you are welcome any time.

Kind regards, Vincent

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:51 pm

KL-666 wrote:Ah, you want to dig up the details of the least significant part of the message.

It's interesting that you think it's the least important part of the whole message. If I understand correctly,
KL-666 wrote:This is about Thorstens rampaging, how the moderators protect Thorsten, and how normal people (as opposite to Thorsten and the moderators) react to such behaviour.

Now, as already stated, I never had the feeling Thorsten was doing anything describable as "rampaging", and the only concrete part where you described what bad things Thorsten was doing seemed to me this:
Let's not forget that Thorsten recently pushed someone to the brink of suicide. And what did the moderators do? They only addressed the victim. No word to Thorsten, to tell him to back off. Less sensitive people simply do not care for such bullying, and they move to some place more decent.

So, to be well-informed for this discussion I wanted to have a read myself to see if it's only a matter of interpretation or if there was really some shit going on from the moderators and Thorsten's side. If you don't like to get into that part deeper to not hurt the victim, maybe you can show me some other links where Thorsten "rampaged" and was therewhile "protected" by the moderators.
Regards
Echo

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 pm

You ask me for examples, while one big example is already staring you in the face, namely the OP? And you miss that one?

Either you do not understand the mechanisms being used, and then it is senseless to waste time on bringing you more. You'll just miss them too. Or you pretend not to understand, to serve some agenda of yours i do not know about. Then it is also senseless to bring you more, because you already know.

Assuming the first is your problem, i can recommend you to do some serious reading into how a bully operates, and how he manages to escape being reprimanded. And then read the other forum again. You'll come across a couple of cases per month.

Success, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Well yeah, we know about Thorsten and his attitude since years, so, nothing really new. I have no idea who he drove almost to suicide, but I am very sure, Thorsten is not worth for anybody to commit suicide.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”