MH370

This is a project about missing planes. An d not only MH370. Think Amelia Earhard, Flying Tiger's Super Connie and similar. Over a century, dozens of planes went missing without a trace or went down under pretty mysterious circumstances. Now, since we fly a simulator, I have this idea, we can (and I need the help of better pilots than I am) maybe reconstruct those last flights as good as we can. Not that I really expect, we solve those mysteries, I am just curious. So hwo is in?
jwocky
Site Admin

MH370

Postby jwocky » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Of course, even if she is not the only one missing, she couldn't be left out, could she?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

HJ1an

Re: MH370

Postby HJ1an » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:28 am

A piece of suspected plane wreckage has been found off the coast of southern Thailand, a local official said on Saturday, prompting speculation it might belong to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which vanished nearly two years ago.

A large piece of curved metal washed ashore in Nakhon Si Thammarat province, where villagers reported it to the authorities to help identify it, Tanyapat Patthikongpan, head of Pak Phanang district, told Reuters.

"Villagers found the wreckage, measuring about 2 meters wide and 3 meters long (6.6 by 9.8 feet)," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-wreckage-idUSKCN0V10SG

No actual pictures though.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Here is a film of the piece , with lots of focus on serial numbers. Go identify the parts i would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-gslfnjuE

It is highly unlikely that this piece is from MH370. It is found in the Gulf of Thailand. If the plane went down there, the confirmed MH370 flapperon found on Reunion Island has made a very interesting journey through the Strait of Malacca.

Another option is that the Thailand part came off in-flight above the Gulf of Thailand. This is also quite unlikely, when the plane after loosing that, manouvred complexly back over Malaysia to start a long journey over the Indian ocean.

No, it is more likely that this part comes from one of the many lost aircraft in that area. Maybe even from the AirAsia a320.

Kind regards, Vincent

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:10 am

KL-666 wrote:Here is a film of the piece , with lots of focus on serial numbers. Go identify the parts i would say.

Cool. I expected a blurry low quality cellphone picture and a highly suspect news, I get a complete video with a quite likely actual plane wreck piece .

If indeed it came from the missing B777, it would likely mean the plane had a catastrophic event prior to the turn back.

No, it is more likely that this part comes from one of the many lost aircraft in that area. Maybe even from the AirAsia a320.

Quite likely as well - anyone study how the currents flow in the seas below Borneo?

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:30 am

Btw, the more I look at it, the more it looks like part of a space rocket.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:40 am

MISSING Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have “floated for a while” on the surface of the Indian Ocean before sinking largely intact, according to Malaysian media reports.

An interview with satellite communications expert Zaaim Redha Abdul Rahman by Malaysia’s national news agency Bernama highlights the limited damage to a flaperon found washed up on Reunion Island as supporting the idea that the Boeing 777-200ER with 239 people on board had a successful emergency landing.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/malasian-news-agency-speculates-mh370-floated-for-awhile-after-coming-down-in-indian-ocean/news-story/8342d7542e5e63f61ebcd5932032f18a

Anyone's thoughts on this? Just complete speculation or possible based upon that one flaperon? And we go back to the suicide theory again - if it's indeed pilot suicide, what's the point of a water landing??

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:40 am

The answer is quite simple: life insurance for the family. They do not pay out if you kill yourself, so you want to avoid the wreck to be found and your suicide proven. Best recipe for that is to fly out to an inhospitable deep ocean and land the plane so it sinks in one piece, not leaving a debris field to point to the location.

Can we tell whether that happened by the damage on found parts? Probably yes, but i think you need more than one part to tell for sure.

Kind regards, Vincent

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:11 pm

KL-666 wrote:The answer is quite simple: life insurance for the family. They do not pay out if you kill yourself, so you want to avoid the wreck to be found and your suicide proven. Best recipe for that is to fly out to an inhospitable deep ocean and land the plane so it sinks in one piece, not leaving a debris field to point to the location.

Can we tell whether that happened by the damage on found parts? Probably yes, but i think you need more than one part to tell for sure.

Kind regards, Vincent

Makes sense, but the few pilot suicide cases we saw certainly did not reflect such well thought out execution. Or any suicide for that matter. Even well planned conspiracies or plans have holes in them if you send an investigation team at it. This could be the most well thought out plan in the history of mankind, ever. (Even the first Apollo moon landing mission nearly stranded Buzz Aldrin and Neil Amstrong on the moon, due to a faulty ignition switch. And they had a basically a whole army of people making sure nothing goes wrong!)

The other problem, of course, is that both pilots weren't showing anything close to the kind of stress or a life situation to suicide. ( ignoring the tabloid stories)

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm

Btw, im thinking a flatspin or pancaking might tear the flaperon in the same manner, with the flaperon in neutral position.. But nobody really knows for sure how a 777 uncontrolled (or on autopilot) and out of fuel really does to the descent...

Return to “Historical, missing planes”