Flying Tiger Line Flight 739

This is a project about missing planes. An d not only MH370. Think Amelia Earhard, Flying Tiger's Super Connie and similar. Over a century, dozens of planes went missing without a trace or went down under pretty mysterious circumstances. Now, since we fly a simulator, I have this idea, we can (and I need the help of better pilots than I am) maybe reconstruct those last flights as good as we can. Not that I really expect, we solve those mysteries, I am just curious. So hwo is in?
jwocky
Site Admin

Flying Tiger Line Flight 739

Postby jwocky » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Flying Tiger Flight 739 was a L-1049 Super Constellation of the Flying Tiger line chartered by the US military. The plane disappeared between the Phillipines and Guam on March 16, 1962 with 93 soldiers, 3 South Vietnamese civilians and a crew of 11. At the same day, another plane of the Flying Tiger line, also chartered by the US military fell victim to a bomb attack. Some details about Flight 739 can be found on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tiger_Line_Flight_739, but more research is needed to reconstruct the last flight, if someone is interested.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Historical, missing planes”