Ray(clrcoda) LIVES!!

This is a thread to announce, who comes, goes or is just absent for some days/weeks due to out of FG reasons for example
clrcoda

Ray(clrcoda) LIVES!!

Postby clrcoda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:54 pm

Ray's back.
I missed you folks!

I survived a diabetic coma on Christmas Eve. A week in the hospital was followed by a month of recovery in a nursing home. Most recently, home healthcare ended. No one can tell me how or why it happened and I don't recall why, but I presented to the hospital with severe dehydration, way under weight, and with a blood sugar so high it was way off the top of the charts. -- Much better now!

I tried to start flightgear a few weeks ago, but it would not start. I'm not certain if that version worked before the "incident" I had. I deleted it and got a 2.12 going. I have so much customization to do to it that the task seems a bit daunting, but I plan to persevere. Might take me a bit of time.

Some of my memory was a casualty, so please excuse me for "spelening" errors and if I have to be reminded that you were an ex-lover or someone for which I owe money.

Basically, I'm starting all over from scratch to hopefully not miss any steps in the build process. I put this rebuilding off for a few weeks because I was afraid I would forget a step or not be able to control my level of frustration. Same reason I've not contacted any one or responded to contacts. I seem to have better command of my faculties, so I've decided to give in to a try.

Don't be surprised if I need help. Give me a bit of leeway. I'll get there!

Thanks!
Ray

clrcoda

Re: Ray(clrcoda) LIVES!!

Postby clrcoda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm

oh I forgot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESTER!!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:50 pm

YOU OWE ME MONEY!!!!! :)

Holy wake up turbulence Batman! Ray's Back

(WELCOME BACK RAY. We are happy you made it thru)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi Ray! We were starting to get a bit concerned about you. You hadn't responded to contacts or even appeared in Mumble, so naturally, we were a little worried :)

I'm so happy that you recovered, and that all went well, and even more so that you are now here with us!

Regarding FlightGear -- several things have happened.

2016.1 has been released -- 2016.2 will have a new default airport of San Fransisco. Many users report that 2016.2 gives better performance; it is fairly bugfree at the moment, so if you want to try it, it is still available at http://download.flightgear.org/builds/nightly/.

We are currently preparing for a Festival in Japan and another one in the UK -- May and November to be precise.
I certainly hope you can join us there in Japan, and in the USA TOUR (which IAHM-COL should announce shortly).

Best
Jonathan

PS. If you forget me, I am the slightly annoying 13 year old teenager from Venezuela -- with worse internet and a microphone :)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Hello Ray,

Life has been hard on you man. I hope you feel good now.

For me the fg version of the main page works very well. 2016.1 i believe.

Btw, iahm-col is mistaken, i am your ex lover whom you owe lots of money :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Yay you're back.

Hope you still remember me :P

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:23 am

Is this gonna be like Dorothy's return to Kansas?

Howdy Ray, Thanks for the Birthday Wish, glad you're still here in the land of Kansas.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi Ray,

You don't know me yet, but hello! Glad everything turned out OK for you! Hopefully I will get to know you!

If you need any help getting FGFS back running let me know, I'm happy to help.

Regards,

Return to “Coming/Going/Absent for a short time”