This is a dead end -- Goodbye

This is a thread to announce, who comes, goes or is just absent for some days/weeks due to out of FG reasons for example
Octal450

This is a dead end -- Goodbye

Postby Octal450 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:42 pm

-
Last edited by Octal450 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IAHM-COL

Re: This is a dead end -- Goodbye

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:08 am

Sad.
I hope your health improves soon.
Thanks for all the amazing work you've done on the crafts through the years. And for your friendship,

Best,
IH
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:52 pm

-
Last edited by Octal450 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:36 pm

High-5, @JMaverick
You know where to find me anytime @Josh.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Interesting.....

I've felt the sting of the FG communuty which has opposed free thinking and open debate. That's actively opposed development in directions that are not agreed too by select few. That doesnt see the benefits of tangental thought processes and design.

I've opposed those that have bullied others on the FG forum and yet recieved very little support from others when it was my turn to be bullied.

I've been banned from FG forum because after so many years of it I got fed up, wrote something that could be misconstrued and taken advantage of and was done so.

I've never once threatened to leave a forum if i wasnt getting my way, only to turn up again like a bad penny.... or blame any existing medical condition I have for the reason or tone of any post I've written...... (even after radiation treatment, so take a guess folks)

I've never felt that we connected in any meaningful way, always feeling that you'd rather not upset Curt, bugman at al. By being associated with the darker side (Curts words) of the community, or making a stand against bullying.

Toodalpip......
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:34 am

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... e&start=15

When a person has Thorsten saying how much he respects you, surely that person would question how he managed to earn this respect ?

So is it through hard work and diligence or by not questioning Thorstens views ?

History has taught us that anyone questioning the views and direction that Curt and Thorsten et al dictate will see their 'merit rating' plunge and get embroiled in argument after argument.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

hans05

Postby hans05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:53 pm

bomber, I think I get what you are trying to say.

Nevertheless I feel one should respect the decision other people take even if you would have done different.
I have now taken your role to speak up in FG forum and getting beat up constantly (amazingly with very little support just like you) and I am not planning to leave. But at the moment I feel strong and I can do that. Other people do not feel strong and it is much better for them to leave it (for a while).

Also I admire your way of speaking up and not accepting the BS of some people in FG. But I also admire people who, unlike myself, ARE able to deal with idiots.

I would like to promote diversity: We need bombers and hansens to point out differences but we also need Joshes who manage to connect. Maybe Josh has not been questioning Curt and Thorsten as aggressively as we do it. But even I can see that he also clearly does not agree with everything what happens there. For me that's ok.

Everybody should be allowed to have weak moments in which they can retire and load up. Good for people who have endless energy and overcome e.g. a cancer without psychologically suffering too much. Still there are people who are not so lucky on the energy side.

I wish Josh all the best (without even really knowing him) and hope (and think) that he will be back once recovered.

hans05

Postby hans05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Oh, and about Thorsten expressing respect for Josh: I am not sure if that is Thorsten's true feeling. Is it maybe just because Josh has so clearly contributed so much and is so clearly very capable that even Thorsten feels that he officially needs to be "kind of nice" even if he is not sooo unhappy about Josh leaving?
We will never know.....

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:12 pm

I guess the point I'm making is if people just sit back and say nothing when bullying takes place on the forum then why should those who have been subjected to it feel in any way sorry for him when its his turn. Or even accept the critism that Josh has levelled at the 'community' as a whole.

I've seen far too many newbies and people with differing ideas get a right good reaming by the usual suspects and people with 'merit' say nothing or fail to support those that do stand stand up and say "hold on a minute that ain't right......" to give a shit about Josh and his over sensitive feelings.

I'm sorry the community can be rough, but I don't see as he's done anything to change the prevailing culture in defense of others.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Thorsten is only interested in Thorsten.

Return to “Coming/Going/Absent for a short time”