Summer Trip to Italy

This is a thread to announce, who comes, goes or is just absent for some days/weeks due to out of FG reasons for example
N3266G

Summer Trip to Italy

Postby N3266G » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Over the summer of 2018 I will be going to Italy for the first time and I will be gone for at least two weeks, if not a month. If anyone has any suggestions other than the Colosseum and the Vatican?
Image Image

KL-666

Re: Summer Trip to Italy

Postby KL-666 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 am

Rome was the best roman ruins site i have seen. There are many of them, not only the Colosseum. Get yourself a booklet about Rome. There are also many interesting churches. I remember one with a ceiling perspective painting making it really look twice as high.

Other cities i know is only Milan. Not much there, just good for 1 day. The Duomo and an ancient shopping mall next to it. And i believe they have the last supper of Jesus somewhere.

I heard Pompei and Heraclaneum (bad spelled) should be good ruins near Naples. But i did not go there out of fear for Vesuvius.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Re: Summer Trip to Italy

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Have fun Falcon!.
Never been there so I can't advise. So, take KL666 comments :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Coming/Going/Absent for a short time”