The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Free speech and open source development
bomber

Re: The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:31 am

==bomber== wrote:Reported by ==bomber== « Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I've asked him not to call me a liar...

I ask now to be able to quote jwocky from the moderators forum where he admits that Vincent does throw down bait to Lydiot and that it's this that ultimately led to the forum turning into a flamefest.

Falcon do you understand this... do you agree that we should continue to argue because the truth shouldn't be allowed on this forum..
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:09 am

Well, actually, he demanded to be treated the same: Means, no Bomber spreading lies and libel and attack at every bout of paranoia.

Anyway, here is another form or "merit" to think about, just from my personal point of view: There are people who are fun to fly with. There are people who are fun to work with. Sometimes both. There are people who are a little tougher to fly with, at least for me. Vincent is one of those, he doesn't cut me any slack for my Jabberwocky landings. But I can respect that, because, well, I know he is a better pilot and he is always willing to share this knowledge.
Here is a funny thing about Falcon: He also put some time into it and I heard from other people who came new after me, he also took some time for them. And bottom line, almost whenever he was around, he made things a fun place to be.
Joshua for example: Sometimes a flurry of thoughts, all the time in some hurry, fine, but someone who spent nights to make planes "fly". Most of his work, if not hampered by the licenses on other parts of the projects is GPL. He worked in the time I know him on what? Forty planes, fifty? And you know what? Most of his work was because someone needed that plane NOW or SOON. For events for example.
I stopped counting at 60 planes. Which is not entirely true. A long time ago, when I lost the overview, SkyBoat did the counting and came out around sixty. Almost all of that work is GPL.
What you, Bomber, did, was what? Twenty planes? Thirty? A lot of them hidden in some niches, I admit, I remember in connection with Bomber currently mostly the Beagle Pup. See, it is everyone's right to make the perfect plane, if he feels the itch. In a GPL environment, that is normal. But that doesn't put the project over the work of others. So, well, you do, what you want to do, I do, what I want to do. However, the real difference in value is the value for the community. Just food for thought. So how much of your work served the community and how much served just Bomber?
As I said, there are people who are fun to work with. From my point of view, you are not. I honestly gave up on that after out propeller discussion. You may remember it?

Now, here is another rather personal remark: I didn't jump on harsh to defend Vincent. Admittedly, Vincent has some points, if you read backwards to your posts, he pointed you. You can't just always go and claim things about people that are simply not true. I mean you jumped on me for "abusing powers" because you assumed "nobody voluntarily leaves a position of power". And you did so because the initial incident was, that I had voluntarily abandoned such a position of power. You were wrong, you made a malignant claim that was incoherent with the facts. And from there you started a flame war. Now, you pulled in Oscar (with a history of bullying himself, great, your support sometimes shows really something about you, does it?) and SHM jumped in. Seems, your attitude spreads like cancer.
But see, it is not so much about defending Vincent here. The point is, your first action, after you were made a mod to see the other side of things was to attack all the other mods and admins, your second action was, to promote on the moderator forum a "more proactive" policy about controlling posts and threads. So, while you here out in the open play Garibaldi of the Oppressed, behind the scenes, you called five minutes after an act of mercy, and nothing else it was, for more control.
SHM, Oscar, he didn't tell you, that he tried to abuse his "punishment" to control you and all the other members more? I guess not?
See, that is the thing: We know, what you said in general about those in positions of power is wrong under a general point of view. It is just your personal attitude towards those in general. Now, obviously, thanks SHM for posting his resume, everybody, your whole life always avoided to promote you into any position of power. I wonder if that is because you did the same thing, you do here? Maybe over and over again? Which makes me wonder, was your line "nobody leaves voluntarily a position of power" just your personal attitude? Are you the one who would never voluntarily leave a position of power, how small ever, because that is what he never got? So, now I sit here and have to weight the risks, that you are abusing the power of a mod, not the world, but still, just because you are such a hypocrite about that and that is what actually movers me more at the moment than the defense of a single man: Did I give some power to someone who is prone to abuse it against the community?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 am

Ok, Bomber and while I typed my last post, you came up with

we should continue to argue because the truth shouldn't be allowed on this forum.

Another hyperbolic propaganda attempt and actually an open lie. See, all you wrote before that Vincent post is still on the forum. And now, to prevent abuse of powers, especially deleting evidence, I have no choice but to take mod rights from you because you are way too insane and malignant to have those buttons.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 am

jwocky wrote:Well, actually, he demanded to be treated the same: Means, no Bomber spreading lies and libel and attack at every bout of paranoia.

I've asked countless times for someone to quote the actual lie, libel and attacks that I've done.

You need to ask yourself why this has never happened.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:23 am

He wrote

- read three posts back
- read five posts back

... he did ... you steam attacked more.

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:31 am

"Oscar (with a history of bullying himself, great". = Another hyperbolic propaganda attempt and actually an open lie"
[url]Image[/url]

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:40 am

jwocky wrote:He wrote

- read three posts back
- read five posts back

... he did ... you steam attacked more.

Is it too much to ask for a simple straight answer...

I'm asking for a clear definitive example of these things I'm accused of.... and I've been refused time and time again.

If you can show me/us where I initially lied, libeled and attacked I'd appreciate it and I'm sure we might then be able to move on.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:16 pm

But instead I see that my moderator status has been removed....

Was I being too reasonable... getting to close. ?

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Jwocky,
Not everyone would be comfortable with the terms of GPL. Some may be, while others may not be. So that doesn't mean he hasn't contributed. What if you were stuck with the bad FDMs, and never got the nice CC-licenced ones.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:48 pm

"Now, you pulled in Oscar (with a history of bullying himself, great, your support sometimes shows really something about you, does it?) and SHM jumped in. Seems, your attitude spreads like cancer."
BOSS I dont know the case of SHM but in my case no one pulled me in the thread, so, please donnot just say what you think.
Maybe are YOU bomber??? Only if that was true then I could understand that afirmation( it would be false also but...).

"Seems, your attitude spreads like cancer"
OMFG How can you say something like that?
I hope you have a good "bomber cancer repellent"
[url]Image[/url]

Return to “Free Speech”