The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Free speech and open source development
KL-666

Re: The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Postby KL-666 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:21 am

Lydiot,

Is seeking conflict your daily business? Do you not have a dayjob to attend to? Really would it be going too far if i take you for a troll? Personally i do not think so, but surely you have a very different opinion on that. I suppose you think you are a saviour of some sort. Well afaik there are many saviours.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:39 am

OMG! this thread still has steam?!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:47 am

Ok guys. I think we should really stop this and move on. Its been 1.5 months since we started this flame war.

This community was founded because we wanted to show the guys at Curt's forum how a forum should function as. And that was exactly what we were doing perfectly until recently until this started.
And the same forum now hosts support for FGMembers as well as terragit. We should all thank Jwocky for the resources he has given us for free.
And with all this, we are definitely making progress with regard to both planes as well as scenery. Think of how many unflyable planes are flying, how many terrasunk sceneries are back, how many airports are build according to RL state.

Israel, Jwocky, and me were kicked out of the forum because we stood for what we felt right and they used their powers to their advantage.

Bomber and Lydiot were both defending FGMembers at the other forum, when we were kicked out. So calling them trolls would be inappropriate. They voiced their opinion when they felt something was wrong for them here.

Lets not split the community we have here. When I joined the USA Tour, more than flying I loved the company of flying with you lads.

Right now there is a festival in front of us, lets concentrate on making it a success than ever before instead of bickering on this. We will never reach an end to this conversation. So, lets forget what has happened and move on.

What do you all say?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Well said SHM.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:57 pm

SHM wrote:Ok guys. I think we should really stop this and move on. Its been 1.5 months since we started this flame war.

This community was founded because we wanted to show the guys at Curt's forum how a forum should function as. And that was exactly what we were doing perfectly until recently until this started.
And the same forum now hosts support for FGMembers as well as terragit. We should all thank Jwocky for the resources he has given us for free.
And with all this, we are definitely making progress with regard to both planes as well as scenery. Think of how many unflyable planes are flying, how many terrasunk sceneries are back, how many airports are build according to RL state.

Israel, Jwocky, and me were kicked out of the forum because we stood for what we felt right and they used their powers to their advantage.

Bomber and Lydiot were both defending FGMembers at the other forum, when we were kicked out. So calling them trolls would be inappropriate. They voiced their opinion when they felt something was wrong for them here.

Lets not split the community we have here. When I joined the USA Tour, more than flying I loved the company of flying with you lads.

Right now there is a festival in front of us, lets concentrate on making it a success than ever before instead of bickering on this. We will never reach an end to this conversation. So, lets forget what has happened and move on.

What do you all say?

This is true, but it also dose not excuse their recent behavior.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Falcon wrote:This is true, but it also dose not excuse their recent behavior.

This may be true too, but i do not see any point in doing anything with it, when people show by their behaviour that they learned something and desire to behave differently next time. When there is a problem, i like me and others to learn and avoid the problem in the future. Not look back and seek punishment for anyone of whom i feel he did wrong to me. It not happening again in the future, i find the most important.

It is like with law. There people say that law has two purposes: prevent something occurring again and revenge for the victims. I really do not believe in the usefulness of revenge part. It is looking back, while the future could be bright. To say it extreme: If we could establish somehow that a perpetrator would never do something again, he can be freed next day as far as i am concerned. Unfortunately we can often not know for sure. But on a forum we can try the benefit of the doubt. At least no one gets killed here.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Free Speech”