FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Re: Inspiration

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 04, 2016 3:56 pm

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Aristotle wrote:To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Funny to see Hooray doing exactly that at this very moment, Israel.

good analogy, and actually one I had ready in a drafted response to, but refrained from using because I was afraid it could be misinterpreted by some folks ...

http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29670&p=287397#p287397

I wonder where he gets his fear for misinterpretation from. Most probably a case of: Every man's censure is first moulded in his own nature.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Well to be honest it wasn't even a close analogy of what FG forum is all about.

Closer would be to say that anyone with a different opinion to the pilot and airstewardesses gets chucked off the plane.... and I could have sworn I'd asked for a Scotch and not an Irish.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

This is what "he" said;
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde wrote:But that's the thing - it's a meritocracy based on merits associated with FG. If you work for a 3rd party, you get your say in decisions the 3rd party makes, not in FG.

So the consensus required for a core commit is among FG core developers as has been explained to you a couple of times.

When there's a decision to be made in the cockpit of an aircraft during an emergency, they don't call for a vote of the passengers either - with good reason.

This is what I see: Firstly, it <<has been explained to you a couple of times.>> seems to me a way to say, the fact you don't get it already means you are not smart; I wonder, why can't it just mean, that the other person simply does understand Thorsten point, but just does not agree with it?
Why is Thorsten always resorting to the condescending talk a parent uses when the Kiddo is out of control? Instead of treating us all as capable adults? I don't know!

Secondly, <<When there's a decision to be made in the cockpit of an aircraft during an emergency, they don't call for a vote of the passengers either - with good reason.>>. Let's say I agree. I agree with that being a huge problem. The core developers want to see themselves as the captain in control. On their ways to achieve that, they keep disregarding all input from the rest of the community, including but not limited to: Users, content developers (aircrafts or scenery developers, and 3d and graphic artist, and sound artists), and just forum people in general.

They are shielded behind a certain devel list (where they only listen to their own words), and have a take to Meritocracy, as a term, that just leaves anyone else (new people in particular) out in the wild.

It is not that they don't see themselves as pilot in control. It is a problem in how the core developers are _not_ listening to the people outside, giving them good suggestions on what they would like to see FG become.

Someone once said: <If you want to see FG be something, make it happen>. Well... FGMEMBERS long history shows that even if you make it happen, there is a closed group of pilots (decision makers) that make sure their precious little craft flies to the fate they choose. They call that: "the merit".

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:59 pm

This quite clarify why FGMEMBERS is designed the way it is! :)

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:Then we did a ground up rewrite in Python, and the result is Bazaar-NG, or Bzr, which will be Bazaar 2.0 by March 2006. Why is this important? Because passing patches around is not nearly as effective as working in a genuinely distributed revision control system.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:45 am

Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Voltaire wrote:The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:58 pm

KL-666 wrote:After less than a 100 years being on this earth, you are gone. Less than a 100 years after your departure, no one knows you have ever existed. So how important is all the big fuss you are making now really?

Return to “Free Speech”