60-70
6%
70-80
No votes

Total votes: 32

legoboyvdlp

Re: Age demographic of FGMembers

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Yes... that's kinda a worse result than this forum. They are the 'disenfranchised teenagers' :P
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:24 pm

IAHM-COL's data analysis

Age demographics of the Flightgear community was polled in both the Curtis' and the Free Flight Forums. We questioned whether young age was a factor in members deciding to join FGMEMBERS community and/or forum. The figure above shows the results collected for a period of about 2 weeks. Data indicated that participants on both forums followed a very similar age distribution, with very small differences which are likely consistent to sampling error. Therefore, age alone cannot be argued to be a main component of the decision of joining FGMEMBERS community and forum. Weighted age average were 35.0 for Free Flight Forum and 34.7 for Curtis' Forum.

Demographics observed is in agreement with normal human populations (where age distributions do not follow a normal/ or gaussian distribution), and instead a typical pyramidal shape, is observed. Which I believe is 1) the normal consequence of randomly sampling human population, and 2) also possibly affected for the gaming nature of our community.

IAHM-COL

Further reads:
1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_pyramid
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Thorsten wrote:
The official FG team might also be interested in the results at the jabberwocky forum, and the average age of about 35 years;

I'm not sure why this would matter. Do different age groups require a different sim somehow? Or do we just create a realistic sim for all who want to enjoy it, regardless of age?

Is it only me here thinking that sometimes he should not post anything which comes to his mind? :?
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:00 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:
Thorsten wrote:
The official FG team might also be interested in the results at the jabberwocky forum, and the average age of about 35 years;

I'm not sure why this would matter. Do different age groups require a different sim somehow? Or do we just create a realistic sim for all who want to enjoy it, regardless of age?

Is it only me here thinking that sometimes he should not post anything which comes to his mind? :?
Regards, Mav

I hope you don't mind....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Shortsmurf wrote:More useful might be demographics of web site visits (although this week we have a huge spike in web traffic from the acting-like-age 2-3 group trying to 'hack' one of the flightgear web servers by sending an overwhelming number of http requests.) Or perhaps it would be interesting to see the demographics of those that download flightgear. What these forum polls do is summarize the ages of flightgear forum users who are happy to self report their own age to the group. And that's fine for what it is, but it's not a random statistical sample.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:34 pm

He's hard work...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Free Speech”