Just a bit of clarification...

Free speech and open source development
legoboyvdlp

Just a bit of clarification...

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 31, 2016 3:36 pm

Maybe some of you are wondering what I think about it all. I seem to have a foot in both camps.

Anyway, I just want to clarify something, especially after what SHM said about me 'not being able to make my mind up'.

A: I do not agree with Curtis, Bugman, et al about the permanent banning and blocking of FGMEMBERS infrastructure.
A permanent ban of IAHM-COL and JWOCKY was going to far. FGMEMBERS was 'shot down out of contro alive and well', and despite efforts of some to make sure that FGMEMBERS cease to exist, it is alive and well... and growing.

B: I do agree that some bans given have been deserved.
For example, SHM's recent ban was deserved. While it may be right or wrong, there is a rule in place about crossposting, and rules need to be followed.

C: I use FGMEMBERS infrastructure from choice and convenience.
FGMEMBERS infrastructure gives me a convenient platform to publish my developments, in a very easy manner. It might take weeks to get into FGADDON. With FGMEMBERS, I can very easily publish my aircraft and sceneries. GPL compliance? Of course! We keep on the right side of copyright laws.

D: I do not agree with personal attacks, Nazi references, or comparisons to the devil from anyone.
Thorsten has done his fair share of the first. So have others. But I do absolutely NOT agree with people calling others 'Eichmann' or 'child abuser' or 'GPL breakers'.

E: I have a presence in both forums, since I have friends in both forums... and like being able to talk to as many people as possible.
Being homeschooled, I don't know too many other people. Sure, I know lots, but not like a proper-schooler! That's why I love talking to people online :)

F: FGMEMBERS is alive and well, and will remain so for a long time to come.

G: Windows is lovely!
All the best!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Re: Just a bit of clarification...

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 31, 2016 3:44 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:
G: Windows is lovely!
All the best!

No. Windows is not.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 31, 2016 4:12 pm

:D
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 31, 2016 4:14 pm

By the way legoboy
Your clarification is well taken, but you seem to neglect (willingfully) the fact that the core developers are doing every effort to not treat us correctly and fairly, and every other effort to demean and discredit the work we've done and we do.

That is why it's not so "oh I am just a good person" attitude here. I preffer a more frontal: <<If you see something, say something. >>

When someone is disrespected like this, sometimes in life you need to take a stronger stance, than "this is not my problem", because otherwise, the abusive behaviors are just rewarded and maintained.

See, per example: you want us to be happy friends, or that we don't categorically reject abuse, but the Singapore terraGIT thread has just been officially removed

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewforum.php?f=85

Just because it agreed with the fact that certain choices made in the core developer group is not in the best interest of the user.

Or tell me, where is the thread?

Did not they delete the terraGIT announcement in the forum?

Did not they delete the FGMEMBERS wiki page?

So, you really think, there is a fair chance for us? Like, they are being balanced and fair?

So again: when abuse like that happens, in life is not an attitude of "not my problem -- I just benefit where I can". There's fairness in the world, and you have to know it, and step in the right direction. Being guilty of mistreatment of people by association is INDEED a thing.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Also, you have shown once and again you are very selfish.
If you can help yourself, you are not to help others.

You take FGMEMBERS advantages, but at the first chance of make some improvement private and the benefit of a few, you like, and choose that

(A320neo, A330)
Dont tell me Artix told you. He is not your boss. YOU ARE directly resposible of the choices YOU MAKE. Artix does not handle your choice. He just manages to make you dirty proposals, at which you willingfully agree. Innately selfish.

Same with terraGIT and FGMEMBERS. You don't care the core developers do every effort to shadow new users to take the benefits you are taking (obscuring knowledge). You know how to take the advantage, and instead of choosing helping others to learn how to benefit, you preffer just alligning with deleting information, and spreading fears. Preventing new users to become knowledge-full and familiar into how to benefit and how to cooperate. If you were not to allign with this, instead of what you wrote above, you would have said: <<I disagree with the official forum ways to prevent new people to learn how to benefit from and participate on FGMEMBERS infrastructure>> [**]

In several instances in the other forum I see new users coming into the forum asking for help in the form :
Can someone make this scenery for me? or Can someone make this livery for me? Instead of choosing a helping hand type of attitude, you severely answer: DO IT YOURSELF.
For someone totally new to FG, the HOWTO may be the least clear thing ever. That's where they actually would have like to be guided to: but one step at a time, and with courtesy. But your response is another showing of how selfish you can be: "I Know howto, but you? Go figure it out yourself" That's what is ultimately read.

Selfish.
That's what I read from your multiple choices.

___FOOTNOTE

[**] Note that this is the stance that SHM took. And the banning of his is nothing else but abuse of infrastructure to "punish" his attitude of spreading the knowledge of FGMEMBERS and terraGIT. RULES? It's like saying: New rule! hit your brother in the stomach every morning. Complying with such rule is not prideful of "look- he follows rules". It is shameful.

I think SHM banning is a despicable thing. Unreasonable and unjustifiable.

Definitely not the way to treat new collaborators making great scenery, such as Singapore, in Record time. What are they trying to do? keep their toy for themselves? (looks selfish to me, and something, I'll guess will ultimately fit your world-view)

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue May 31, 2016 5:07 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Also, you have shown once and again you are very selfish.
If you can help yourself, you are not to help others.

You take FGMEMBERS advantages, but at the first chance of make some improvement private and the benefit of a few, you like, and choose that

Totally agree.

Can someone make this scenery for me? or Can someone make this livery for me? Instead of choosing a helping hand type of attitude, you severely answer: DO IT YOURSELF.
For someone totally new to FG, the HOWTO may be the least clear thing ever. That's where they actually would have like to be guided to: but one step at a time, and with courtesy. But your response is another showing of how selfish you can be: "I Know howto, but you? Go figure it out yourself" That's what is ultimately read.

This is something I really hated. If someone could have they really wouldn't have posted.

C: I use FGMEMBERS infrastructure from choice and convenience.
FGMEMBERS infrastructure gives me a convenient platform to publish my developments, in a very easy manner. It might take weeks to get into FGADDON. With FGMEMBERS, I can very easily publish my aircraft and sceneries. GPL compliance? Of course! We keep on the right side of copyright laws.

You just showed how selfish you are with that one statement.

B: I do agree that some bans given have been deserved.
For example, SHM's recent ban was deserved. While it may be right or wrong, there is a rule in place about crossposting, and rules need to be followed.

Ok The SIngapore thread had only one crosspost, that could've been deleted, but what about the rest of the topic. It only had my stand on it, and my counter argument to Thorsten's usual non-sense!

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue May 31, 2016 5:41 pm

It didn't even last half an hour on Curt's forum.
Any explanation Lego?

Why was the Singapore thread by terraGit
deleted?
I demand an explanation.

I agree with the other threads. It was crossposts. Ok.

But what about the Singapore thread?

Thorsten subjected me to several questions which I answered all. Is that why?

All of the threads had pictures showing difference between terrasync and terraGit. Is that why?

If you think terrasync is better, why do this all?
Its upto the user to chose what he wants.

Wkitty I couldn't answer you because I was banned but do you mind looking at the picture again and seeing if it was a problem.

Yours sincerely.
SHM,
A medical student who takes his time to improve FG since it was what got him into aviation.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue May 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Show support use my signature
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue May 31, 2016 6:18 pm

Lego, I know, you hate historical examples. A lot of people do so. Because such examples show, what went wrong over and over in the past and how people looked the other way every time again. And of course, in each and every of those cases, there were also the opportunists, who made profit on both sides. It's natural that some try and it's natural that they went in every case through great length to tell the world, it is not that and those examples are all wrong and rude.

Now, with your membership here, you got the right to free speech. Respect on the other hand needs to be earned, it comes not in a nice package with a user account, it is a result of your integrity and what you do. Stabbing friends in the back and making profit on both sides is not good for your brand. Especially stabbing friends out of the need to look better to a wannabe dictator and his little helpers. Sooooo, while free speech without doubt also allows you to do some serious butt-kissing to Bugman, it will not buy you respect.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue May 31, 2016 6:54 pm

The thing is I look at how others are treated and think is that how I'd like to be treated... was it fair to cherry pick a small sentence out of a whole post, quote it out of context so as to make the person or group look bad. ?

I don't then keep quiet if I don't agree with it, so as not to be seen to rock the boat.... upsetting a 3rd party friend who supports the quoter.

I know it's only a matter of time before its my turn..... and trust me it's only a matter of time before its yours.

Maybe not today, tomorrow or next week but a dangerous dog bites and if you've any opinion that contradicts their's and you say it, and stand by it you're in for a mauling.

And then I'll be standing up for you over there...and your right to have an opinion.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Free Speech”