Just a bit of clarification...

Free speech and open source development
legoboyvdlp

Re: Just a bit of clarification...

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 pm

jwocky wrote:Lego, I know, you hate historical examples. A lot of people do so. Because such examples show, what went wrong over and over in the past and how people looked the other way every time again. And of course, in each and every of those cases, there were also the opportunists, who made profit on both sides. It's natural that some try and it's natural that they went in every case through great length to tell the world, it is not that and those examples are all wrong and rude.

Now, with your membership here, you got the right to free speech. Respect on the other hand needs to be earned, it comes not in a nice package with a user account, it is a result of your integrity and what you do. Stabbing friends in the back and making profit on both sides is not good for your brand. Especially stabbing friends out of the need to look better to a wannabe dictator and his little helpers. Sooooo, while free speech without doubt also allows you to do some serious butt-kissing to Bugman, it will not buy you respect.

I do apologize if it seems that I am ''butt-kissing" Bugman. I don't quite understand, but I hope that I was not stabbing anyone in the back.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 pm

SHM wrote:It didn't even last half an hour on Curt's forum.
Any explanation Lego?

None at all: deleting posts that are as polite and respectful as yours is absolutely not correct.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 31, 2016 8:08 pm

bomber wrote:Show support use my signature

~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue May 31, 2016 8:25 pm

Confused.....

It takes more than just a +1... you actually have to change your signature on the FG forure.

Here...

GPL licensed aircraft in FGMEMBERS can be distributed and expanded freely. ie can be sent to friends, given a new color, extra engines, etc
Non GPL licensed aircraft can be found within the NONGPL-FGMEMBERS, please contact their authors.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey, I have real life too, you know! I'm not a robot that does things instantly :D
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue May 31, 2016 8:38 pm

That's why I thought I'd make is easy for you to copy n paste...

Anyway. .... well done
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Well, Mr. SHM, your demand for clarification has been answered on that other forum.

Consider yourself lucky that a second, longer ban was not issued!

http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29703&p=287253#p287253

I bet you are now scared to death, are you not? :-) :-)

Really, this self-overestimating is close to insanity. Who cares about an insignificant forum.

Edit: Btw, do read the whole post. It is too funny to read Buggyboys exclamations, always completely besides the point. How he ever got to be moderator? It must be one pathetic organization that hires such fool for moderator.

Kind regards, Vincent
Last edited by KL-666 on Tue May 31, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm

truly unbelievable.
Instead of issuing an apology, bugman issues a threat.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 pm

KL-666 wrote:Well, Mr. SHM, your demand for clarification has been answered on that other forum.

Consider yourself lucky that a second, longer ban was not issued!

http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29703&p=287253#p287253

I bet you are now scared to death, are you not? :-) :-)

Really, this self-overestimating is close to insanity. Who cares about an insignificant forum.

Edit: Btw, do read the whole post. It is too funny to read Buggyboys exclamations, always completely besides the point. How he ever got to be moderator? It must be one pathetic organization that hires such fool for moderator.

Kind regards, Vincent

Do you really think I give a ..
And their behaviour of manipulation. OMG!
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue May 31, 2016 11:22 pm

Read from the bottom to the top.
Who all thinks that Curt is nice. You're wrong.

PM conversation wrote:Your topic has been locked

Sent: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:51 am
by curt

The topic was moved to the trash so moderators could refer back to it ... especially later if interpretations of events begin to vary or someone decides to attempt to revive the arguments in a different thread. Just so you know, if people say mean spirited things, or make veiled personal attacks, or perpetuate flame wars, or take other steps to violate forum rules or poison the atmosphere here, they are not owed any explanation if their material disappears. Especially those that are repeat offenders or clearly launch their angry words here from angry posts in other forums. Posting a new topic to demand an explanation is considered a continuation of the first banned thread.

If you have a shred of decency in your personal character, you will treat people nicely and respectfully on both forums (including moderators) and rise above the negative things that are created and repeated on the other forum, rather than embrace and validate and extend them.

However, it's clear that several fgmembers just want to fight and that's all they are here for. And many more fgmembers enjoy the fighting here and support it remotely. Those that come over here for battle, (like Bomber lately) are sad cases that don't realize how they are being manipulated by others to fight proxy battles. Bomber is so enraged by Thorsten, he doesn't care what kind of collateral damage he does.

If you and others took the time to get to know people around here and give them some respect, you might arrive at a different conclusion about the people that are actively hated here.

I think that maybe you do have a thread of decency somewhere in your character, and if so, you should ask yourself why you want to be part of a war on a project and individuals? Is it that much fun? Are you so convinced that we are nazi's and kim sung il's here? Are you socially unable to get along with other people in public settings? Do you enjoy causing trouble and ruining other people's enjoyment of FlightGear? You want the forum admins to be 'mature' which is just code word for leaving your words alone no matter what you decide to say. Think about your own maturity and your own personal interactions. Would you treat people like this if they were your teachers, your classmates, your colleagues, your family? Then why hate here on this forum and cause trouble, just because someone on another forum said we are nazi's? Did I ever do anything to you personally?

Just think about it ... there is some really messed up dynamics with the fgmembers situation that they choose to continue to bring war here and try to disrupt our project and ruin it for other people.

Re: Your topic has been locked

Sent: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:30 am
by SHM

Ok much better than deleting it.

Your topic has been locked

Sent: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:19 am
by curt

Hi,

One of your topics called Why was Singapore by terraGit thread deleted? has been locked by a moderator or administrator. This means you cannot reply or edit your topic anymore.

Reason for locking your topic: You asked, we answered, let it go unless you really do only want to carry arguments here on this forum in an attempt to keep it poisoned for everyone else..

Click on the following link to go to your topic:
Why was Singapore by terraGit thread deleted?

Re: Your topic has been moved

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 pm
by curt

You are not free to quote banned members, you are not free to engage in disrespectful posts or personal attacks. You are not free to "demand answers". You are not free to bring an attitude of anger from the other forum over here. You are contributing along with a couple other forum users to poisoning the tone and environment here and I am sick of it. fgmembers is a hostile fork, and several members are actively and openly hostile towards this forum, the forum admins, and the flightgear infrastructure. I have no personal beef with you, but you've chosen to put yourself in an adversarial position and align yourself with an adversarial group and the promote adversarial positions, and continue adversarial arguments here on the forum. That is not acceptable. There are respectful and kind and civil ways to express disagreement. Why don't you read the rules of the forum, especially rule #1.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:51 pm
by SHM

So am I cleared to post.
If it becomes a flamewar, you can close.

I won't cause any disrespect Curt. But I feel the need to justify it.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:40 pm
by SHM

Till now you've only shown how biased you are. Note that

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:39 pm
by SHM

I'm waiting:mrgreen:

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:28 pm
by SHM

Looks like you don't have anything to tell. See that is what makes me angry I may not agree with you but we all work to see FG better.
Why kill team effort?

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:22 pm
by SHM

Then why blame me only

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:21 pm
by curt

SHM wrote:

curt wrote in Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 am:
No you aren't going to keep endless pointless arguments running on the flightgear forum. Show some respect for our users and our forum.

The same should apply to me. I was never shown any respect either,

I am really sick of the other guy started it first arguments. Just stop it.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:21 pm
by SHM

Just look at my last post you deleted and tell me if I showed any disrespect.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:19 pm
by SHM

curt wrote in Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 am:
No you aren't going to keep endless pointless arguments running on the flightgear forum. Show some respect for our users and our forum.

The same should apply to me. I was never shown any respect either,

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:19 pm
by curt

SHM wrote:
I am not here for a war

Show it with your public actions and your public words please. If you choose to disrespect and polute our forum with negativity and disrepsect our users and disrespect the forum moderators (as you have been doing) your force the moderators to make hard choices.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:18 pm
by SHM

Ok I'll respect your reply. Tell me the reason of deletion.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm
by SHM

I am not here for a war

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm
by curt

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:15 pm
by SHM

I am going to post it again, Please show some respect and leave it there Curt.
I know you must be a lot mature than this.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:02 pm
by SHM

Reason?

Your topic has been moved

Sent: Tue May 31, 2016 11:01 pm
by curt

Hi,

A topic called Why was the Singapore by terraGit which has been started by you, has been moved to Trash bin by a moderator or administrator.

Reason for moving your topic:

Click on the following link to go to your topic:
Why was the Singapore by terraGit
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Free Speech”